Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So what really is an engineered base ?

To me, engineering is when the player upgrades their base with war weight in mind. They might do a good or bad job of it, but that intent is what matters to me. Then of course there are forms of engineering, such as defenseless, .5s, 9.11s, etc. plus now the power potion types. However, it sounds like OP is wondering what SC considers engineering for war matching purposes. That answer to that is we don't know and, in fact, there might not even be any sort of bright line that makes an account qualify as engineered or not engineered.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My legends hope: 14 hours daily search limit to reduce advantage of account sharing; black clouds screen; Legends3 5000-5499 cups, Legends2 5500-5999, Legends1 6000+ and titans/champs canít attack Legends1 or 2 players; while in clouds let us watch war, donate, do FCs, base design. Make a separate PvP trophy ladder option for all, others found here.

Forum Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Curi View Post
    High war troops, relatively high heroes but weak defense?! You got your engineered base there.
    Thats a lopsided base, previously a sub category of an engineered base, wether it not it still qualifies as engineered is debatable.
    Clan - Highland chiefs, Highlandchiefs2, highlandrebels, CWSF xp grabbibg
    Accounts - 5 th12, 11 th11s. Fixing matchmaker :https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...-and-onyzng%21 : how to migrate to supercell ID :https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...cell-ID-Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Vikingchief View Post
    Thats a lopsided base, previously a sub category of an engineered base, wether it not it still qualifies as engineered is debatable.
    An engineered base is a base in which the weight is equivalent to a lower TH but have the capabilities of hitting equal TH levels.

This is the best statement I can think of.
    My strongest 3* attack strategy is 120 wall breakers with 17 wall breakers in cc, and 5 jumps + 1 eq and another eq in cc.

Centennial Club
    An engineered base is a base in which the weight is equivalent to a lower TH but have the capabilities of hitting equal TH levels.

The implication of this is that every base with a newly upgraded TH is engineered.

My very first engineered account was a th9 with only loons at th9 level. Weighed like a th8, smashed two th8s, couldn't be cleared by a th8.
    Wasn't much good at clearing same th though, unless it was a baby. I know the intent-based definition is a bit unsatisfying, everyone wants a hard line that can perhaps be converted into code and fed into the MM. But engineering is a mindset, the mechanical definitions will always fail.
    It's always the closet engineers that are the most bitter. Trying to maintain a righteous pose while doing exactly what they claim to hate, lashing out at anyone that points out the obvious.

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TankSinatra View Post
    My very first engineered account was a th9 with only loons at th9 level. Weighed like a th8, smashed two th8s, couldn't be cleared by a th8.
    Wasn't much good at clearing same th though, unless it was a baby. I know the intent-based definition is a bit unsatisfying, everyone wants a hard line that can perhaps be converted into code and fed into the MM. But engineering is a mindset, the mechanical definitions will always fail.
    I agree fully with the mind set, or intent, which, of course, cant be measured. Only the results can be measured. So, Viking is probably more right, when he says " extent of optimisation".

Edit.. A base can be classed as engineered, even placed into one of the sub categories. But that is still not a measure of intent. The reality is, that it could be a rushed account, that accidently fell into an "engineered" state.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; March 14th, 2018 at 03:25 PM.