Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So what really is an engineered base ?

Centennial Club

So what really is an engineered base ?

It is of course easy to spot the extreme engineered base that is for example a TH11 with a single Level 1 cannon, but what about at the other end of the spectrum ?

Is a base considered to be engineered for war matching purposes if ...

- It is not maxed for the current TH level ? ... or ...
    - It does not at least contain all the defensive structures for the current TH level ? ... or ...
    - It does not contain all maxed defenses for the next lower TH level ? ... or ...
    - It does not at least contain all the defensive structures for the next lower TH level ? ... or ...

... and ...

- Do hero level contribute in some way to a base being engineered or not ?

Banned
    There is no agreed definition, but I know it when I see it.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripple1972 View Post
    There is no agreed definition, but I know it when I see it.
    What is it that you look for that will tell you that some base is or is not engineered ?

What we think are not that important, what sc thinks are important cos it gets used to classify your base. We don't know exactly the rules but if u max previous th lvl and get everything new at current, there is really nothing that sc can react on

If you're trying to match a lower TH than your own, yet you have the offensive firepower to do well against your own TH level, you are engineered. That's the simple answer.

Forum Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by clashaddict9 View Post
    What we think are not that important, what sc thinks are important cos it gets used to classify your base. We don't know exactly the rules but if u max previous th lvl and get everything new at current, there is really nothing that sc can react on
    How do you know a base gets a classification, If you dont have solid source, you shouldnt repeat this like Its a fact.

Do you mean a binary clasification, or a quantitative description that measures degrees or extent of the clasificarion variable.
    Last edited by Vikingchief; March 13th, 2018 at 03:26 PM.
    Clan - Highland chiefs, Highlandchiefs2, highlandrebels, CWSF xp grabbibg
    Accounts - 5 th12, 11 th11s. Fixing matchmaker :https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...-and-onyzng%21 : how to migrate to supercell ID :https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...cell-ID-Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Vikingchief View Post
    How do you know a base gets a classification, If you dont have solid source, you shouldnt repeat this like Its a fact.

Do you mean a binary clasification, or a quantitative description that measures degrees or extent of the clasificarion variable.
    Sry, just spend a lot of time explaining in another thread and failed to realize u might not read it. Ik its a long thread but read.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...-getting-cured
    And I really should stop using the word classification, SC call it that they are matching by Playstyle
    Last edited by clashaddict9; March 13th, 2018 at 03:48 PM.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ear75 View Post
    If you're trying to match a lower TH than your own, yet you have the offensive firepower to do well against your own TH level, you are engineered. That's the simple answer.
    I may add to your description the following: If your defensive development is being intentionally being slowed and your offensive development is being maximized with the intent of creating a more advantageous war matchup AND/OR if you are intentionally managing your war roster to create a more advantageous war matchup, then that is engineering. It is a sliding scale however, the extreme versions are easy to spot the less extreme are more difficult to spot. You will note however, the word 'intentional', that is the most critical part in my opinion. As a reminder, we are allowed to play the game whichever way we choose as it does not technically violate any TOS.

Forum Veteran
    Only my opinion. But I think an account, that is developed to gain advantage in clan war is engineered. More likely, it will have higher offense than defence, and be missing key defences altogether, with any defences present being maxed. Most likely there will only be key war troops upgraded. This way, the war weight can be kept to a minimum, whilst gaining maximum effect.
    Roster engineering. We found using 2 big anchor bases worked well, then tapering the rest of the roster down, through each hall level, and finishing off with 2 or 3 low level fillers. All accounts are balanced, and any advantage is gained by the lower level halls diluting the opposition strength. Another way is to use a dummy anchor, big enough to pull a big 10 (or 11), but doesn't carry big (key) defences. If the opposition anchor has a "full set", then the rest of their bases suffer through this "weight drain" at the top.
    The new engineering, appearing on the horizon, is potion engineering. Only halls, camps, barracks, spell factories, and lab need to be upgraded for this, as power potions boost the troops for war.

Trouble is, with the way the current MM seems to be working, it is a little late to be thinking about engineering, as balanced bases seem to be working best.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; March 13th, 2018 at 03:52 PM.

Forum Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by clashaddict9 View Post
    Sry, just spend a lot of time explaining in another thread and failed to realize u might not read it. Ik its a long thread but read. And I really should stop using the word classification, SC call it that they are matching by Playstyle
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...-getting-cured
    You dont explain how matching your playstyle, which can be clanwide or base specific, or lane specific, and further could be done as a binary descriptor or a quantitative measure of degree, means that your base is getting a classification. There are many ways to match playstyles, and classifying bases is just one of them.
    Clan - Highland chiefs, Highlandchiefs2, highlandrebels, CWSF xp grabbibg
    Accounts - 5 th12, 11 th11s. Fixing matchmaker :https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...-and-onyzng%21 : how to migrate to supercell ID :https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...cell-ID-Thread