Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: TF Recruitment: creating our own chats

TF Recruitment: creating our own chats

Boom beach needs help advertising TFs. For TFs like mine that are struggling, we need an in game way to advertise the group.

Anyone can verbally abuse someone anywhere. Verbal abuse is a HORRENDOUS excuse to not have global chat. Verbal abuse happens wherever thereís chat and still reports happen.

But if verbal abuse and filter complications are an issue just let us moderate our own chats we create for specific purposes. You can make it that only leaders can create so people donít get insane.

Boom beach is a great game but please donít coddle it to death. It needs more overall player activity. I think this is obvious.

Yes, the game is in dire need for an in-game recruitment. To that point I agree. The rest I strongly disagree with.

So why then is Global Chat the required solution? Taking Clash for example, yes people use it to recruit, but it is highly ineffective, reaching those very, very, very few who happen to be in that particular languages global chat at that particular time who happen to be looking for a clan.

Global Chat is a highly inefficient means to recruit. Rather, we need an efficient means to recuit any player, regardless of language spoken (truly global) and not muddled with persistent non-recruitment chatter (like Clash). What we need is something like https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...orce-Recruiter.
    Last edited by rowman; March 12th, 2018 at 03:03 PM.
    Boom! Aimlessly adrift within the archapeligo
    Clash! ​Adult PuddleHop
    [#PR2P0R0C]
    And yes, that panda is indeed packing major heat! Visit my profile page
    /default photo album to see a larger image.

While I agree in theory, I'm not so sure it would actually make it any easier.
    If someone is looking for a new TF, they can find one very quickly.
    The reason it is hard to fill empty spots on your TF is because not very many people are actually looking. Part of that seem to me to be that players that leave a TF, lose their perfomance statistics, and have no way to contact players directly.

I think that if your performance statistics followed you, and there was a record/list of TFs/players you had been with, it would make players much more willing to move around.

Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    Yes, the game is in dire need for an in-game recruitment. To that point I agree. The rest I strongly disagree with.

So why then is Global Chat the required solution? Taking Clash for example, yes people use it to recruit, but it is highly ineffective, reaching those very, very, very few who happen to be in that particular languages global chat at that particular time who happen to be looking for a clan.

Global Chat is a highly inefficient means to recruit. Rather, we need an efficient means to recuit any player, regardless of language spoken (truly global) and not muddled with persistent non-recruitment chatter (like Clash). What we need is something like https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...orce-Recruiter.
    Bro read the entire post before replying.

Quote Originally Posted by Chauc View Post
    While I agree in theory, I'm not so sure it would actually make it any easier.
    If someone is looking for a new TF, they can find one very quickly.
    The reason it is hard to fill empty spots on your TF is because not very many people are actually looking. Part of that seem to me to be that players that leave a TF, lose their perfomance statistics, and have no way to contact players directly.

I think that if your performance statistics followed you, and there was a record/list of TFs/players you had been with, it would make players much more willing to move around.
    I agree with you there, but Iíve looked through a ton of my friends TFs and others and most are inactive.
    My TF is pretty active but how can we make ourselves stand out to let people know that?
    Thereís nothing facilitating us for that.
    If weíre able to create our own chats it says a lot about our activity and we care about this game. No one likes trolls so let us make public chats that we can moderate on our own. No need for new employees at supercell to manage that.

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #6
    Maybe I am misunderstanding but if you create your own chat then:

- is that a global chat, in which case SC will require staff to monitor it and respond to reports? (I am never in CoC global chat)
    - is it a local chat specific to your TF in which case that is what we already have and a member has to join to participate?

Can you clarify "create our own chats"? Where in the game is this occurring and how does it attract more players to your TF specifically?
    Last edited by Bakunin; March 13th, 2018 at 03:41 PM.

HQ22 PSC MP74% GBE MP42% G17% G17% G17% G17% TD MP32% G13% TH MP35% G14%

Durruti Column #88L8RQLL - TF 5 - 2 Open Spaces - Highest LB Position 59 - Recruitment Thread
    Index Of Boom Beach Gameplay Guides
    - Main Forum Rules

Quote Originally Posted by MLFGC View Post
    He did. Your subject line clearly states what you want: the ability to chat outside of TF. You also state the purpose is to "advertise" your TF for recruitment. Those are your words, and are pretty clear. In order for advertisement to be effective, all players must have access to it. Thus, you are asking for a global chat. In fact, in your second paragraph, you explicitly say that profanity, abuse, stalking, and other predatory behavior is "HORRENDOUS excuse to not have global chat". I hope you can understand that it is not unreasonable to disagree with such a statement.

rowman clearly addressed your entire point. He didn't misinterpret, he didn't mischaraterize your position. He simply didn't agree with you, and apparently that MUST mean that he didn't read it. The only caveat you added was that only leaders could post an advertisement, but a chat implies that there will be responses to those advertisements. How will you limit those? And what is the criteria for posting? Simply start a TF, right? Takes like 30 seconds if you are a slow typist. So really, what you want is somewhere ANYONE can post whatever they want. That is a global chat, and it doesn't work very well in CoC.

Quote Originally Posted by MLFGC View Post
    I did, and what I understood is you wanted Leaders to be able to create chats:

"But if verbal abuse and filter complications are an issue just let us moderate our own chats we create for specific purposes. You can make it that only leaders can create so people don’t get insane.♥"

and you want that chat to be global (else, how in the world do you expect to recruit?).

The Clash Global chat recruitment ineffectiveness is real, for the reasons expressed. What you suggest is componding the ineffeciences by x1,000+. Instead of chat segregated only by language, your proposal will have one global for each and every chat created by some leader.

Now maybe I am misreading, maybe you meant to say "only a leader can post a global chat message", I don't know if you meant other than what you stated.
    Clash! ​Adult PuddleHop
    [#PR2P0R0C]

Senior Member DeepMindAlphaZero's Avatar
    Now I literally just came up with the idea on the spot, but:

What if you could invite players on your map to your TF?

It would be another button under scout and attack, say something like "Invite to TF". For 24 hrs, you give up the right to attack that person (by inviting them), but

1. If they accept, you got a new member to your TF and get your medal back (for the island they took).
    2. They cant attack you while you are offering them a place in your TF (if you happen to also be on their map). They could decline and THEN attack you, but you get to attack them again like normal.
    3.Once they decline or 24 hrs pass, you can attack them like normal.

You could either set it up to offer only to taskforceless people or anyone. Of course if you accept, you leave your first TF and give up all the benefits of that TF (thus is abuse-proof to try to enter the TF to lose that attacker and leave, since you would lose out on your TF benfits for the day).
    Last edited by DeepMindAlphaZero; March 13th, 2018 at 05:02 PM.
    If you want something badly, work for it!

Quote Originally Posted by DeepMindAlphaZero View Post
    Now I literally just came up with the idea on the spot, but:

What if you could invite players on your map to your TF?

Clash has such a sytem. For any player whom you attack, or that they attack you ("on the map" equivalent for Boom), on any Leaderboard, or that you can find via any means: If that player is not currently within a Clan, then you may invite them to join yours.

Simple little things, like that, would help Task Force recruitment.
    Clash! ​Adult PuddleHop
    [#PR2P0R0C]