Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Bingo Rewards Derby!

I agree with Steve, Momscar. I am a smaller hood, 8 opted in. It is definitely a choice btw trophy or bingo. That is a big problem. In addition, it is not a matter of all bingo tasks popping at 320, its a matter of BARELY any popping at 320.

Another problem with Bingo for a small hood, is do we do Bingo and risk dropping an entire level. With our few opting in, doing mostly 320 isnít only about winning but about staying in CL. Take too many points, under even 315, and u risk being in the bottom 3.

At this time we have only had a handful of bingo tasks above 300. We have dropped to any value for the 5 green smoothie tasks, which even in a normal derby happen rarely. But to do that for all the bingo board, well thatís certain death.

We should not have to choose between bingo and staying in CL. I forgo placing top 3 during this event, but truthfully I shouldnít have to. I SHOULD expect to have the majority of bingo tasks at above 300 and at least 50% at 320. If SC was doing itís job properly.
    Last edited by cyigeis; March 13th, 2018 at 06:48 PM.
    Happy Haven; Level 113 Town 31
    Achievements: 142/144
    kik: happyhavens
    ​My awesome signature by Planck

For all the cheerleaders lining up on the sides of the bingo board, pom poms waving wildly in the air, hats off to you. The world needs people who can remain optimistic regardless of the odds or evidence. I don't happen to be one of those individuals.

Vallleria, rest assured I do not presume to speak "for the community". You're listed as a junior member here, so you may not have been around the forum to read the feedback from previous derbies. I remember quite clearly the volume of complaints on this forum after each of the previous Bingo events. Pages and pages and thread after thread on this forum, all complaining about the unfairness of the board, the unattainable tasks, the tasks that never appear regardless of point value, etc. With the exception of small hoods, or hoods with only small numbers opted in, it certainly didn't appear people taking the time to log on here were by and large having a swell time. If only we could "take a rest one week" I assure you my entire hood definitely would. There's the rub. Take the break and you're demoted, which for us means dropping out of champion league. A derby that offers only the option of "suck it up and endure it" or "drop out of the league you've worked hard to get into" seems fairly flawed. However, as I readily admitted earlier, I am not the ever-an-optimist person. I base my opinions on emperical evidence where possible. Evidence in this case says, as backed by Nick's comments, very little has been done to improve the horribly flawed Bingo Derby.

Which brings me to my next point. Why hasn't SC done more? You guys have certainly had time to make some major adjustments, and you certainly have received enough feedback and suggestions, so why haven't things improved? Per mdcfc they've seen nothing to suggest even small steps towards a better bingo derby experience. It appears this derby remains essentially the same. Large hoods are suffering and smaller ones are finding the challenge not too difficult.

And finally, Momscar, have to side with Steve - and my own prior comments - your advice is well meant, I'm sure, but NHs should not have to choose between trying to participate in Bingo OR trying to win. I thought the point of any race was to win.
    Last edited by PetHerder; March 13th, 2018 at 07:50 PM.

We thought we could ignore the bingo card and do our own normal derby

But nope

Tasks are hardly ANY of 300 plus and all bingo tasks. Its giving a big stress to our hood who just want to win gold and keep our leaderboard status.

Rounds after rounds of trashing for tasks at 230 points value. Hardly anything over 300 plus

Its even worse than all the previous bingo derby
    Whatever sc think they are tweaking, and improving. It is not working and just make derby worse.

Bingo is punishing large hoods, and i dont understand why you design something that make hoods need to downsize to succeed.

Our card has 9 of wool 9 of goats 9 of productions. And you do not give high points for all these tasks. All under 300. And support tell us champ league is supposed to be from 230-320 and we are getting enough of that. Yeah right. This is by far the worse derby with no high point value.

Quote Originally Posted by MochaLatte View Post
    We thought we could ignore the bingo card and do our own normal derby

But nope

Tasks are hardly ANY of 300 plus and all bingo tasks. Its giving a big stress to our hood who just want to win gold and keep our leaderboard status.

Rounds after rounds of trashing for tasks at 230 points value. Hardly anything over 300 plus

Its even worse than all the previous bingo derby
    Whatever sc think they are tweaking, and improving. It is not working and just make derby worse.

Bingo is punishing large hoods, and i dont understand why you design something that make hoods need to downsize to succeed.

Our card has 9 of wool 9 of goats 9 of productions. And you do not give high points for all these tasks. All under 300. And support tell us champ league is supposed to be from 230-320 and we are getting enough of that. Yeah right. This is by far the worse derby with no high point value.
    So why did you decide to NOT ignore the Bingo card? Itís a reward bingo derby. There are no extra points for finishing the bingo lines and no extra valued tasks.
    Level 148
    Achievement 143/144
    Be kind. 🤗

We are still ignoring , but even to win gold is a challenge here. Tasks are so bad points and many low tasks relating to the bingo card
    Hardly see any tasks of 300 plus value

We keep seeing low goats low wool low productions that relate to the bingo. We can see sc make the tweak to have high possibility of tasks of that relating to your bingo card. But the points are really low.
    Last edited by MochaLatte; March 13th, 2018 at 09:05 PM.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by MochaLatte View Post
    We are still ignoring , but even to win gold is a challenge here. Tasks are so bad points and many low tasks relating to the bingo card
    Hardly see any tasks of 300 plus value

We keep seeing low goats low wool low productions that relate to the bingo. We can see sc make the tweak to have high possibility of tasks of that relating to your bingo card. But the points are really low.
    It’s a shame you aren’t seeing any big tasks to treat it as a normal derby Mocha, but it just demonstrates the inconsistency in the game because we have completed 22x 320 tasks in the first 13 hours with 8 more running (no we don’t burn diamonds to achieve that). How can one hood get so many big tasks when another one sees almost none��

Despite all those big tasks done, we haven’t yet seen one of the 5 production tasks on our bingo board, at any points value.

I hope things improve for you Mocha
    Steve
    Leader JT Legend #J2JOLG2
    Broken the mystical 100 champions league golds ďTeam first, my barn is your barnĒ
    recruitment ad https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...d-team-players

Quote Originally Posted by mdcfc View Post
    It’s a shame you aren’t seeing any big tasks to treat it as a normal derby Mocha, but it just demonstrates the inconsistency in the game because we have completed 22x 320 tasks in the first 13 hours with 8 more running (no we don’t burn diamonds to achieve that). How can one hood get so many big tasks when another one sees almost none��

Despite all those big tasks done, we haven’t yet seen one of the 5 production tasks on our bingo board, at any points value.

I hope things improve for you Mocha
    Thank you mdcfc

Yeah we couldnít even do normal derby with this board
    Like everyone said this is reward derby. We are not even interested to try it coz we have a big hood.
    But at every rounds we see just 1 above 300 points task. For a competitive hood like us, this derby sucks big time.

Quote Originally Posted by WussyPuss View Post
    I don’t doubt that everyone can get bingos, big derby, small derby, three lines as well. You just need to decide whether or not you want to sacrifice points.

most don’t.

It could well be that 7 corn tasks show up in a bingo derby week, not 7 x 320, but most hoods trash anything low.

if you are expecting to do all 320 point tasks and get bingo lines, well, I don’t see that happening.
    wussy, that is totally flawed. We have tried as a medium to big nh repeatedly to try and even get one bingo line and failed because of production tasks. We would have taken any amount of points. I finally gave up and joined two other hood members to set up our own hood for the bingo week only, and we are almost to a triple bingo after less than one day. This system is totally messed up.

we just got last tasks and will have triple bingo by midday tomorrow.
    Last edited by sierramike; March 14th, 2018 at 02:38 AM.

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181
    Quote Originally Posted by sierramike View Post
    wussy, that is totally flawed. We have tried as a medium to big nh repeatedly to try and even get one bingo line and failed because of production tasks. We would have taken any amount of points. I finally gave up and joined two other hood members to set up our own hood for the bingo week only, and we are almost to a triple bingo after less than one day. This system is totally messed up.
    What did your bingo hood do differently than the big hood to get triple bingo lines after less than one day? Thank you in advance for the insights.
    Lynn, 9-3-18, clasher and farmer but not boomer and brawler

R.I.P. The official Boom Beach subforum. Sunrise: November 12, 2013; Sunset: September 3, 2018

For long time derby players it is totally obvious that the derby task generator is tilted
    towards the 320 points boat task ... the one that is mostly 'abused' by derby players to
    speed up their derby (and most rewarding for SC/HD). We are in CL for more than
    1 and half year now and I have played all the derbies so far.

I've seen derby player NH finishing their derby in less than 2 days with (9 + 1) 320 points task.

The task generator is tweaked ... as an additional proof ... in this derby, the first 2 320 points
    tasks were boat tasks ... and it still continue ... almost 50% of the 320 points tasks are boat tasks.