Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Engineering getting cured

Quote Originally Posted by Vikingchief View Post
    I am not sure If my questions are unclear, or If your not reading them properly.

1 supercell for sure used to combine values of defence and offence into a single value, however we dont know If they still do this, how do you know they dont use single list (a clan of 10 will have 20 values in the list without differentiering offence an defence) or double list (a clan of 10 will have 1 list for offence and 1 for defence and defence will match defence and offence will match offence).

2 with regard to your analysis, yes you take what supercell say, but then when you test it, do you look at your wars and try reas into them by impression, or do you record the data on a spreadsheet and objectively assess the results of your wars?

3 when you discuss factors and clasifications, do you use presume these are binary terms (example offence is x % ahead or defence and classifactin is offence rushed vs balanced, or base x has not put down all new defences therefore is defence light vs balanced) or do you mean they are numerical descriptions that measure extent (Offence to defence ratio is x % etc)

4 what data besides your war data, and what supercell says do you use, for example many people use cocp.it to check weight, do you use similar sights to gather information?
    1. Simply cos it doesn't fit with what we know are true.
    2. Not only our wars but loads of other wars as well, together with reports from forum, youtube etc. I used a spreadsheet for some time but found it hard to get anything concrete out of it so its a mix of statistics and impressions.
    3. its different depending what factor or parameter we look at.
    4. cocp,it got most things regarding war weight and engineering wrong but I found some of their statistics useful. Mostly about when ppl run wars, that range u get easy or hard opponents, how big are most wars etc. Even their logging of war opponents been used. Clashforecaster, clashofstats etc has been useful to crosscheck a few things. Youtube, forums and contacts I have also been used

Forum Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by clashaddict9 View Post
    1. Simply cos it doesn't fit with what we know are true.
    2. Not only our wars but loads of other wars as well, together with reports from forum, youtube etc. I used a spreadsheet for some time but found it hard to get anything concrete out of it so its a mix of statistics and impressions.
    3. its different depending what factor or parameter we look at.
    4. cocp,it got most things regarding war weight and engineering wrong but I found some of their statistics useful. Mostly about when ppl run wars, that range u get easy or hard opponents, how big are most wars etc. Even their logging of war opponents been used. Clashforecaster, clashofstats etc has been useful to crosscheck a few things. Youtube, forums and contacts I have also been used
    1 but why, it would explain how playstyles are matched (double lists OR single list plus clanwide or lane specific offence to defence check), it would also explain why the matches are so good right now.

2 which other wars?

3 some some are ratios others are binary?

4 so not clashkings2? You swear?
    Last edited by Vikingchief; March 13th, 2018 at 06:15 PM.
    Clan - Highland chiefs, Highlandchiefs2, highlandrebels, CWSF xp grabbibg
    Accounts - 5 th12, 11 th11s. Fixing matchmaker :https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...-and-onyzng%21 : how to migrate to supercell ID :https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...cell-ID-Thread

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Curi View Post
    The current way I match now, I am actually at a disadvantage

My clan:
    5 TH11
    1 TH10
    1 TH7
    1 TH6
    1 TH4
    1 TH3

The other side have:
    6 TH11
    2 TH10
    1 TH9
    1 TH7

Advantages: I have higher heroes

Disadvantages:
    They have more TH11, 10 and 9.
    7 of my members can do meaningful attacks
    They have better troops and spells overall

Based from this, if I attack. I have to attack very wisely. One fail have the possibility of losing my war.

Even though this might seem dreadful for my side, my clan fight solely for the purpose of training their attacks. If we care just to win, I would have just abandoned engineering the moment SC decides to nerf engineering.
    Good for you Curi. You certainly like a challenge. I haven't a problem with engineering. Just find it strange you stay with fighting uphill. Am not having a go. If it suits go for it. I agree your 2 fillers are increasing your difficulty. They need to get some farming done.
    We have a similar problem when our rushed 11 wants in. Our weight gets thrown much higher than we like, but same as you, if somebody wants in, they are in.
    On a positive side, if you decide to get those defences down, your attacking skills will be ready to take full advantage. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Vikingchief View Post
    1 but why, it would explain how playstyles are matched (double lists OR single list plus clanwide or lane specific offence to defence check), it would also explain why the matches are so good right now.

2 which other wars?

3 some some are ratios some are binary?

4 so not clashkings2? You swear?
    1. I understand u think that but it cant explain why upgrading certain buildings defenses or troops gets a massive result. I have got no information or no results of testing that indicate that they changed anything from previous used defensive and offensive weight together. Its the weight combined with playstyle that causes the appearing of a "double list"

2. I have one account that I use to visit other clans, whenever I find something interesting or a mystery, I join their clan and take a closer look at their wars. (only really one mystery I haven't solved, the guy here in forum that created 2 identically clans down to every piece of wall and wasn't able to get a match, wasn't able to take a closer look cos he never replied to my dm. got a theory that he tried to set up both accounts from same IP address and that SC prevent it but cant test it cos he went silent)

3. yes, and some factors are just a static funktion or numeric. (identified 10 factors and some with multiple parameters)

4. I have investigated everything I have found interesting including ck2. Their source turned out to be untrusted tho.
    Last edited by clashaddict9; March 13th, 2018 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    Good for you Curi. You certainly like a challenge. I haven't a problem with engineering. Just find it strange you stay with fighting uphill. Am not having a go. If it suits go for it. I agree your 2 fillers are increasing your difficulty. They need to get some farming done.
    We have a similar problem when our rushed 11 wants in. Our weight gets thrown much higher than we like, but same as you, if somebody wants in, they are in.
    On a positive side, if you decide to get those defences down, your attacking skills will be ready to take full advantage. Good luck.

Thanks! I always believed if you fight with a disadvantage. Only then will you grow in skill and truly become a skilled player. Sometimes, difficulties are opportunities.
    My strongest 3* attack strategy is 120 wall breakers with 17 wall breakers in cc, and 5 jumps + 1 eq and another eq in cc.