Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Engineering getting cured

Quote Originally Posted by fab300 View Post
    Do you have a source for that? I'd love to see that!
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...-AMA-on-Reddit

Redditor: Hey Darian, my clan has been curious about the upcoming clan war changes. When can we expect to hear more about them? Also the people in my clan with engineered bases are worried that the update will completely screw them over, when you mentioned finding a way to fix the engineering problem, will people who currently have engineered bases still be able to participate in war afterwards, or will they be at too much of a disadvantage?♥

Darian: The feature I've been talking about is something still in development that we hope to have finished before the summer (first half of the year). I can't go into details yet as to what the feature is or how it'll work. But let's just say this...Engineers will still be able to engineer, but in this new feature they'll be at a huge disadvantage. That's all I can say about it at this time.♥
    Last edited by wotanwaton; March 12th, 2018 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMonkey123 View Post
    I’d be interested to see your line up. From my own opinion of leading two clans that costantly war is the engineering match making is pretty much fixed.

I’ve not seen a proper no walls engineered base in some time.

Try reducing your engineered bases you put in war and I’m sure you will find better matches.
    He is complaining about engineered bases, you actually think he has them in war himself?
    Accounts: (New TH11: 40/44/8) (Mid TH10: 35/35) (TH11: ex-defenceless)

Looking for a good clan with non-stop war? Check out Warrior 888, we are a level 14 English speaking war clan, part of the Strong Rebels push/war family. #Q9VUQ
    Credits for the awesome sig and avatar goes to Planck, check out his shop Here.

With the latest changes to the mma, engineered clans only got an advantage if they face balanced clans. Most times they gonna face other engineered clans and risk getting a tie. Together with "the new way war will work" later this year, it seams we seen the peak of the engineering phenomena. More and more starts to put defenses down.

Quote Originally Posted by DoritosSk View Post
    I've been seeing th11s with like 1 cannon maxed and all the rest of the defenses of really low level with low walls quite often. I've seen them while farming and even in two wars!
    I see tons of engineered accounts (constantly draw engineered opponents, since we're an engineered clan too) but never anything that extreme. What's your clan tag? I bet there's some simple roster changes you can make that'll make engineers rare.
    It's always the closet engineers that are the most bitter. Trying to maintain a righteous pose while doing exactly what they claim to hate, lashing out at anyone that points out the obvious.

Centennial Club
    2 wars in a row now we have faced engineered clans. The differnce has been we have been at a big advantage in both. Been matching on townhall a lot lately. Those defenseless th11s at the bottom are pulling eagle bases. Mwuhahahahaha. lol, at least these guys we are facing have the ability of correcting the problem. Do not run defenseless bases anymore. RIP engineering

Quote Originally Posted by AndyInGame View Post
    2 wars in a row now we have faced engineered clans. The differnce has been we have been at a big advantage in both. Been matching on townhall a lot lately. Those defenseless th11s at the bottom are pulling eagle bases. Mwuhahahahaha. lol, at least these guys we are facing have the ability of correcting the problem. Do not run defenseless bases anymore. RIP engineering
    I will agree. Only a small niche of engineering it still potent. From what I can tell, it appears that those mid hero th11's with 1 troop maxed are finally being treated as they should be. With a few other changes and match priorities, clans with multiple accounts like that in their roster are at a disadvantage now.

Maxed 9.11's are still really strong bases since SC are still using weights for defenses and there are a lot of bases with overweight infernos that 9.11's should still be seeing a decent advantage in matching. The only other way to make engineering pay off is to be an ace attacker. Such a small portion of engineered players are though that it is still pretty insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

I have been thinking now that engineering is on it last legs. Might still be some advantages to be had in engineer vs engineer match ups (who can do it the best). But most other matches have the engineered clan at a disadvantage in one way or another.
    DeathStorm-10|22/23|2148*|FireStorm-10|17/20|2178*|SuperStorm-9|13/15|2147*
    DragonStorm-9|8/8|1529*|PerfectStorm-9|8/10|1428*|BrainStorm-10|10/16|1452*

Banned
    Engineering is a plague, and must be cured.

There is no engineered pulls full th11 etc, there has been no nerfing to engineering. All that has happened is that SC has become better at matching by playstyle. If u run balanced bases u face balance bases, engineered account bring in similar accounts etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripple1972 View Post
    Engineering is a plague, and must be cured.
    Sometimes the best cure is a little hair of the dog...
    It's always the closet engineers that are the most bitter. Trying to maintain a righteous pose while doing exactly what they claim to hate, lashing out at anyone that points out the obvious.

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by clashaddict9 View Post
    There is no engineered pulls full th11 etc, there has been no nerfing to engineering. All that has happened is that SC has become better at matching by playstyle. If u run balanced bases u face balance bases, engineered account bring in similar accounts etc.
    I realise you read all the books, watched all the interviews, and researched any and all of the information that is out there. You are maybe the most enlightened person on the whole of forum, so far as what SC has put out there. I commend you for that.
    I agree to weights, as a matching tool, but maybe things are starting to move on.
    There are a few threads popping up now, that appear to suggest they are trying to do hall matching. If this is the case, then play styles wont be necessary, as offensive lop siders will naturally be at a disadvantage. Since Darian highlighted engineering as an issue, it may be safe to presume, at least in the short term, that anti engineering solutions may be involved. Next thing that needs analysing, is what is fact, and what is PR talk, as Darian is the "face" of SC, and is no doubt very good at his job.
    So, stick with the basics, that ring true.. eg, matching clan weights. But with the more obscure stuff, trust ones instinct, and what you see, when you spin for war. There are patterns beginning to emerge, and one of them just may be an attempt at hall matching.