Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Psst SC..I have a secret to tell you

Quote Originally Posted by TankSinatra View Post
    Still waiting for confirmation from the other side of the equation - "we're on a long streak, so we keep getting matched against clans with a 5 win streak (or 6 or 7, if they dodged a bullet or two)". Or, "just matched a clan on a 6 win streak, MM gave us a big weight advantage to compensate though!". Can't be a significant effect if nobody's ever on the other side of the mechanic.

Further I'm not clear exactly how things get more difficult under this theory when you hit a 5 streak. By weight? By opponent streak?

What actually makes more sense to me would be a 'kiddie pool' for clans with a lot of losses. SC doesn't have much of a reason that I can see to plan mechanics around stomping streaks, but they have plenty of reasons to encourage struggling clans to keep playing rather than quit.
    I don't say they match by win streak, I am suggesting they fudge the rest of the match up/down by a bit based on recent performance. You don't need the opposite effect. You will match all sorts with a good win streak, just perhaps you will always be a bit under on offense or defence as measured by SC, but those with huge win streaks are significantly engineered to the point where that stuff doesn't effect their wars, but on a balanced roster it seems to tip us towards engineering matches where we are disadvantaged? I am obviously only guessing massively, but I can see the trait in our war record, and I don't see the need for my half baked explanation to need long win streak clans to only match 5+ win streak clans, just for them to be slightly 'down' as calculated by SC.

I don't see it as a cliff edge thing at all, but a gradually increasing penalty tax on matches? Just for our roster it seems to take effect about 5!

No taxing, no penalty, the "recent war performance" is just one factor like many other SC tries to match. Most likely its divided into groups cos u cant split the number of available opponents to much. I am guessing that 5 win streak put u in a higher group and that's the reson ppl se harder opponent at 5 win streak.

Forum Veteran
    I can confirm, if there is a cut off point, that, unless we got lucky, it is above 5. Our spin, at 5, is against a new clan, with 2 out of 2 wins, but we have off, def, and hero advantage. Is a mismatch pretty much, but in our favour.
    Is hard to do a defensive count, as their #1 hasn't put his ferno into his war base, but we have our easiest match of the 6 wars in this run. Interestingly, hall match, on rosters from single TH10, down to TH6s, is good, with 14 of the 15 matched for colour, including a low weight 9 each.

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    I can confirm, if there is a cut off point, that, unless we got lucky, it is above 5. Our spin, at 5, is against a new clan, with 2 out of 2 wins, but we have off, def, and hero advantage. Is a mismatch pretty much, but in our favour.
    Is hard to do a defensive count, as their #1 hasn't put his ferno into his war base, but we have our easiest match of the 6 wars in this run. Interestingly, hall match, on rosters from single TH10, down to TH6s, is good, with 14 of the 15 matched for colour, including a low weight 9 each.
    We're on 9 wins and going for 10. Spun tonight, exact TH match, they have a tiny defense and troop advantage, we have Hero advantage. Cocp.it shows this clan struggles to get stars in war. We'll see how it goes.

Tank, you know how these forums work. The majority of threads are based off of a perceived slight, or complaints about one thing or another. How many threads do you see about great matchups and enjoying an advantage? Not many. There have however been multiple posts about clans getting a 'tougher' match after reaching a +/- 5ish win streak and it coincided with SC saying they were taking recent war performance into account in the matchmaker. I tend to believe most of those reports because it matches my clan's experience. I'm not sure your clan's makeup really relates much to mine. Maybe that has something to do with your skepticism? Your clan's record shows you don't have much to worry about with the match maker. Quite impressive, and beyond anything my clan is capable of.

I also happen to think something has changed and the recent war performance isn't weighing as heavily on matches as before.

So win streak at 5, we spin, and ... engineered match ... they have a bunch of defenceless TH8 at the bottom v our balance TH8 but have a TH9 extra.

Quote Originally Posted by nobeone View Post
    So win streak at 5, we spin, and ... engineered match ... they have a bunch of defenceless TH8 at the bottom v our balance TH8 but have a TH9 extra.
    How many players are in your war? Can you share your side vs theirs?

Quote Originally Posted by BoBoTheGoat View Post
    How many players are in your war? Can you share your side vs theirs?
    Sure, 10v10:

Us:
    TH10 88k 29/30
    TH10 87k 39/40
    TH10 72k 22/25
    TH9 69k 23/26
    TH9 69k 22/25
    TH8 54k 10
    TH8 54k 10
    TH8 52k 10
    TH8 50k 9
    TH8 46k 6

Them:

TH10 87k 26/28
    TH10 86k 21/20
    TH10 85k 21/22
    TH9 67k 15/18
    TH9 63k 11/8
    TH9 61k 9/3
    TH7 25k
    TH8 25k 6
    TH8 23k 9
    TH8 2k 3

I don't say they have any real advantage, I do say, as I have many times before, we see our chances of meeting engineered oppos much higher as our win streak increases ...
    Last edited by nobeone; March 15th, 2018 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nobeone View Post
    Sure, 10v10:

Us:
    TH10 88k 29/30
    TH10 87k 39/40
    TH10 72k 22/25
    TH9 69k 23/26
    TH9 69k 22/25
    TH8 54k 10
    TH8 54k 10
    TH8 52k 10
    TH8 50k 9
    TH8 46k 6

Them:

TH10 87k 26/28
    TH10 86k 21/20
    TH10 85k 21/22
    TH9 67k 15/18
    TH9 63k 11/8
    TH9 61k 9/3
    TH7 25k
    TH8 25k 6
    TH8 23k 9
    TH8 2k 3

I don't say they have any real advantage, I do say, as I have many times before, we see our chances of meeting engineered oppos much higher as our win streak increases ...
    Looks like a good matchup for your clan. Keep doing what your doing.

Quote Originally Posted by BoBoTheGoat View Post
    Looks like a good matchup for your clan. Keep doing what your doing.
    I agree, this time, but when balanced meets engineering, it depends on how they engineered as to whether they gain an advantage, my point in this thread is not that this is not winnable, but that as a balanced clan I want to meet similar and not meet engineering, and that is mostly the case with a win streak less than 5. But as we hit 5 and more I see a correlation with meeting more and more engineering and that is not what I want, i don't think that is what Supercell intend, I think it is an unintended consequence of whatever it is they do with recent war performance. I wish they would stop it!

That hasn't been my experience.

We run 10vs10 wars with 9s and 8s.

Once the win streak gets to five, yes we get much harder opponents. But, it's not really win streak that matters the most. Recent war performance is more of an issue. Right now we've not lost in 17 wars but had one tie. Our win streak is only 3 or 4 right now. We are getting very strong opponents and we'll probably lose our current war. They don't have a Th11 and we've not seen a strong TH11 in any of our last 17 wars. I think one did have a TH11 but it didn't have good troops. It was useless.

If you're getting engineers on a regular bases something in your own roster is causing it. You could just get unlucky every so often but if you're getting this a lot, it is your roster.

Signature Banner from ClashofHolmes
    Stormy Knights Leader
    Join Stormy Knights
    Player Tag: ​#20RRP9UQ8