Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 55

Thread: Psst SC..I have a secret to tell you

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    269
    SC use "recent war performance" as a term, most likely win streak but we don't know. This is just one factor out of many the mma tries to match. Just like the weight can be off a bit, so can the win streak be. What it does is more matching the skill lvl of a clan.

    Its not designed to end high win streaks, instead getting more skilled opponents if u win a lot and at the same time let those weaker clans have a better chance to win sometimes.

    I like to face skilled opponents so I am happy with it

  2. #12
    Forum Superstar TankSinatra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,086
    Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    We just went from 4 to 5 streak.. Our opponent was on 5.. They got served us, so yeah.. them.
    We were pretty rubbish too, only scored 40 stars in a 15v.. they managed 36.
    What I'm getting at is, some think its pretty reliable that they get whacked every time they hit 5 wins. This should be noticeable from the other side right? We've got plenty of careful observers of matches, and I've seen zero notice of 'wow easy war, must be because they just hit 5 wins'.

    Tried to get cocp.it to research it, should be provable just check if win rate changes suddenly for various win streak lengths. They were skeptical of the idea and didn't want to waste time on it though.
    It's always the closet engineers that are the most bitter. Trying to maintain a righteous pose while doing exactly what they claim to hate, lashing out at anyone that points out the obvious.

  3. #13
    Forum Superstar TankSinatra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,086
    Quote Originally Posted by clashaddict9 View Post
    SC use "recent war performance" as a term, most likely win streak but we don't know. This is just one factor out of many the mma tries to match. Just like the weight can be off a bit, so can the win streak be. What it does is more matching the skill lvl of a clan.

    Its not designed to end high win streaks, instead getting more skilled opponents if u win a lot and at the same time let those weaker clans have a better chance to win sometimes.

    I like to face skilled opponents so I am happy with it
    Right, that's my understanding as well. "Recent war performance = win streak" is one leap of logic, and "something changes at 5 wins" is another. Both possible but I don't see the evidence for it, and I'd expect obvious evidence if "5 streak" was a real thing.
    It's always the closet engineers that are the most bitter. Trying to maintain a righteous pose while doing exactly what they claim to hate, lashing out at anyone that points out the obvious.

  4. #14
    Forum Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    NE England, UK.
    Posts
    1,591
    I get what you are saying, but others are specifically saying 5 wins. Our opponents were on 5 when they drew us. Our war will be on cocp.it. My mate picked a bad roster, meaning we had to hit a better number 1, due to our rushed heavy number1, and we had bases with no target, due to being too similar. But the match was pretty fair, so our opponent didn't get stung, by any means.
    Am just pleased the attacks cant be seen. They used troll bases, and I walked in every time, trying to fresh hit to save time.

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by TankSinatra View Post
    The whole 5 win streak thing, I've never seen the evidence for it. If it were in place I'd expect to constantly be seeing clans with a precise 5 streak across the map from me.
    Anyone notice this effect from the other side, anyone getting served up softballs with 5 wins?
    No, it makes sense on paper but we face clans with 0 war win streaks more often than not.

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    269
    Quote Originally Posted by TankSinatra View Post
    Right, that's my understanding as well. "Recent war performance = win streak" is one leap of logic, and "something changes at 5 wins" is another. Both possible but I don't see the evidence for it, and I'd expect obvious evidence if "5 streak" was a real thing.
    Here is another leap of logic: Most likely SC cant match every win streak exactly, that would divide the pool of available opponents to much. Instead they probably use intervalls like 0 win streak primarily match other 0 win streak. 1-4 gets 1-4, 5-10 gets 5-10 etc. That would explain why ppl notice harder opponents when they cross over to a higher tier. Maybe 5 win streaks gets u on to a higher tier

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    269
    Reply to BoBoTheGoat

    More then half of the clans has 0 win streak, so it gonna be the most common u see, but win higher win streak u should se opponents with higher as well. Try to check and take notes, This is the first time I ever heard someone claim they mostly get 0 win streak as opponent when they usually have a decent win streak going
    Last edited by clashaddict9; March 10th, 2018 at 12:01 AM.

  8. #18
    Forum Elder SuperStorm103's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Warring!
    Posts
    2,780
    Quote Originally Posted by clashaddict9 View Post
    Here is another leap of logic: Most likely SC cant match every win streak exactly, that would divide the pool of available opponents to much. Instead they probably use intervalls like 0 win streak primarily match other 0 win streak. 1-4 gets 1-4, 5-10 gets 5-10 etc. That would explain why ppl notice harder opponents when they cross over to a higher tier. Maybe 5 win streaks gets u on to a higher tier
    Quote Originally Posted by clashaddict9 View Post
    Reply to BoBoTheGoat

    More then half of the clans has 0 win streak, so it gonna be the most common u see, but win higher win streak u should se opponents with higher as well. Try to check and take notes, This is the first time I ever heard someone claim they mostly get 0 win streak as opponent when they usually have a decent win streak going
    Nope, I don't think so. We had a streak of 6 and matched a clan on a streak of 16. We are now on a streak of 9 and matched a clan with a streak of 2. I do not think win streaks are representative of performance.

    Have any of you ever looked at Destruction consistency? I have a feeling if you are always getting 98% to 99% destruction the match maker steps you up a notch in difficulty.

    My other though and it is not based on streaks either is that if your win % reaches certain thresh holds, you get more difficult wars.

    Some clans like these ones with huge win streaks have probably engineered so far outside of the matchmaker that the limiters cannot provide a tough enough match for said clans. It's just not possible due to their optimization.
    DeathStorm-10|22/23|2148*|FireStorm-10|17/20|2178*|SuperStorm-9|13/15|2147*
    DragonStorm-9|8/8|1529*|PerfectStorm-9|8/10|1428*|BrainStorm-10|10/16|1452*

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    269
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperStorm103 View Post
    Nope, I don't think so. We had a streak of 6 and matched a clan on a streak of 16. We are now on a streak of 9 and matched a clan with a streak of 2. I do not think win streaks are representative of performance.

    Have any of you ever looked at Destruction consistency? I have a feeling if you are always getting 98% to 99% destruction the match maker steps you up a notch in difficulty.

    My other though and it is not based on streaks either is that if your win % reaches certain thresh holds, you get more difficult wars.

    Some clans like these ones with huge win streaks have probably engineered so far outside of the matchmaker that the limiters cannot provide a tough enough match for said clans. It's just not possible due to their optimization.
    Like every factor and paramenter, checkbox etc its flexible, so u must judge it over some time to get a trend. We know "recent war performance" is included in the mma cos Darian said that but what it includes are not known. Win streak most likely included, % win most likely not (the changes are to drastic to be based on % win) destructions % maybe, have not done any research with that in my mind.

  10. #20
    Forum Elder SuperStorm103's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Warring!
    Posts
    2,780
    Quote Originally Posted by clashaddict9 View Post
    Like every factor and paramenter, checkbox etc its flexible, so u must judge it over some time to get a trend. We know "recent war performance" is included in the mma cos Darian said that but what it includes are not known. Win streak most likely included, % win most likely not (the changes are to drastic to be based on % win) destructions % maybe, have not done any research with that in my mind.
    I know recent war performance is included it matching considerations. There is also one post by I think skrags maybe? Where he brought up the point that recent war performance may have nothing to do with winning or win streaks, but instead it might have to do with clans that loose a lot get easier match ups once in a while to get a win.

    If win streaks are supposedly so important, why are their clans with over 200 win streaks? I think it farm more likely that performance is based on a portion of your recent war log (both wins and losses) and potentially destruction. If your clan wins more then you loose with significantly, you might get a tougher match.

    Also, we have been on decent win streaks before like 8 or 9 and have been given ridiculously easy match up against a clan on a streak of 0.

    I honestly don't think win streaks have anything to do with determining match difficulty. But that is just my opinion and I am entitled to it just as you are to yours and that is fine.

    Consider this also, we have come a long ways since the "checkbox" statement you like to quote. There have been several major match maker changes in that time and countless minor tweaks. What makes you certain that something mentioned 2 years ago is even still accurate? There also seems to have been a significant change recently as well (a few weeks before the most recent update). As you said, I noticed a new trend in our wars and that the make up of them was significantly different. Enough so that I made a thread about it.

    The CWSF war has added confirmation to my theory of town hall matching (at least for th11's). As well as offense power matching (with regards to accounts with researched max troops and wardens).
    Last edited by SuperStorm103; March 10th, 2018 at 01:32 AM.
    DeathStorm-10|22/23|2148*|FireStorm-10|17/20|2178*|SuperStorm-9|13/15|2147*
    DragonStorm-9|8/8|1529*|PerfectStorm-9|8/10|1428*|BrainStorm-10|10/16|1452*

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •