Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I give up

Quote Originally Posted by AFrostyBlaze View Post
    No wonder your match up is poor. You have max offense so the game should be matching you against max defense
    see my problem is, I donít like facing max bases. I can 3 star yes, maybe 2 or 3 times out of 10, but Iíve built my base around facing similar bases. Weíre not facing similar bases. Myself and another guy in the clan have max offense, but hold back on the defence. Weíre matching exact offense (max troops v max troops) but the defence is totally unbalanced (always facing max th11ís) The gold storage on war days for us is highest 77k (give or take) whilst their top base has 90K+

Quote Originally Posted by CraigA66 View Post
    Got to agree. I’m a 10.5 (basically every defence is max th10 but don’t have infernos or eagles) but I’m th11 with fairly high heroes (45/47/50) we adapted back a year or two ago when .5’s or ‘engineering’ gave you the advantage. I don’t want to be matched with eagles and infernos so I’ve not built them, but this system seems to have totally changed where I don’t even know what to do now...
    Level 50 warden must be beast. Maybe staying at th9 would be best if you don't want to go against infernos and eagles. Accomodating your way of playing is not beneficial to many different things other than your preferences.

Quote Originally Posted by BoBoTheGoat View Post
    Level 50 warden must be beast. Maybe staying at th9 would be best if you don't want to go against infernos and eagles. Accomodating your way of playing is not beneficial to many different things other than your preferences.
    Lol, 20 I meant 🙄 not at all. I always planned to put infernos in, but opted to upgrade other defences first, which I still believe is the correct way to play. Keep a level balance between offence and defence. However the matchmaking isnít doing that, instead matching offence but definitely not defence...

Banned
    Lol, 20 I meant  not at all. I always planned to put infernos in, but opted to upgrade other defences first, which I still believe is the correct way to play. Keep a level balance between offence and defence. However the matchmaking isn’t doing that, instead matching offence but definitely not defence...
    But you don’t have a level balance between off and def. you have the offense of a max th11, and the defense weight of a mid-high th10. Not balanced.

We have simple rules in my clan in order to war and our matchups are always great.

To war as a th11 you must have 40/40/5 heroes and an eagle and infernos dropped along with having maxed th10 d prior to upgrading

To war as a th10 you must have 25/25 heroes, infernos dropped and have maxed th9 d prior to upgrading th
    we have a similar rule too. But
    another rule on our clan is th11 no warden no bowler until 50/50. But keep upgrading defense.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by frainlll View Post
    we have a similar rule too. But
    another rule on our clan is th11 no warden no bowler until 50/50. But keep upgrading defense.
    How does that Work? So they drop eagle, and other defenses, but cannot hope to 3 star their equal?
    If that works for you, great, but that would seem to put you at a disadvantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripple1972 View Post
    How does that Work? So they drop eagle, and other defenses, but cannot hope to 3 star their equal?
    If that works for you, great, but that would seem to put you at a disadvantage.
    40 40 5 can 3 star eagle bases with the right plan and you will rarely face max d th11 but usually another th10 level d with level 1 or 2 eagle th11. Actually many times you end up drawing a 10.5 and you can just stomp them as usual plus power potions are available for those that just upgraded th
    Co-Leader of Monkey Bizness. Lv 18 constant war clan. #GV228Q9
    The Frosty Trinity
    Blaze - TH12 - K60/Q56/W30
    Fire - TH12 - K50/Q50/W20
    Inferno - TH12 - K50/Q50/W20

see my problem is, I don’t like facing max bases. I can 3 star yes, maybe 2 or 3 times out of 10, but I’ve built my base around facing similar bases. We’re not facing similar bases. Myself and another guy in the clan have max offense, but hold back on the defence. We’re matching exact offense (max troops v max troops) but the defence is totally unbalanced (always facing max th11’s) The gold storage on war days for us is highest 77k (give or take) whilst their top base has 90K+
    Seems like insanity to me. Clearly supercell has a different definition of what a similar base is. Why do the same thing over expecting a new result

We noticed a trend .5s were being hit hard so we had our players drop their d and things got much easier. We didn't see max bases but actually bases with similar defense and offense. Logistically speaking more th11s prob have eagle than those that don't.

Having the proper d insures that you will be on the better end of the defensive match in most cases.

I was part of a 50v50 with all th11 last weekend and we ended up having a 50 to 33 eagles advantage because the other side had a lot of max hero th11s just no eagles. Was s complete walk over.

My current clan is against another clan of .5s...none of their th10s even have infernos so this war we are at a 4 eagle 9 inferno advantage.
    Co-Leader of Monkey Bizness. Lv 18 constant war clan. #GV228Q9
    The Frosty Trinity
    Blaze - TH12 - K60/Q56/W30
    Fire - TH12 - K50/Q50/W20
    Inferno - TH12 - K50/Q50/W20

Banned
    40 40 5 can 3 star eagle bases with the right plan and you will rarely face max d th11 but usually another th10 level d with level 1 or 2 eagle th11. Actually many times you end up drawing a 10.5 and you can just stomp them as usual plus power potions are available for those that just upgraded th
    I agree 40-40-5, has warden and most likely some bowler witch combo. He is saying no level 3 bowlers and no warden. But add new defenses. Unless I’m not following that is a disadvantage.

Forum Veteran
    see my problem is, I donít like facing max bases. I can 3 star yes, maybe 2 or 3 times out of 10, but Iíve built my base around facing similar bases. Weíre not facing similar bases. Myself and another guy in the clan have max offense, but hold back on the defence. Weíre matching exact offense (max troops v max troops) but the defence is totally unbalanced (always facing max th11ís) The gold storage on war days for us is highest 77k (give or take) whilst their top base has 90K+
    I donít understand why you would not drop defenses if your current strategy isnít working. It seems, and correct me if Iím wrong, that the MM sees through your clanís attempt to trick the MM into thinking you are weaker than you are. I could maybe understand if your engineering attempt provided an advantage most of the time, but if you are at a disadvantage most of the time then why not adjust? If your clan is dead set on engineering then you have to engineer better, and if they arenít then might as well drop those defenses.

I couldnít tell from your OP what defenses you have and what is upgraded, but if you are simply a .5 then itís easy to add those new defenses. If you are some other variation of engineered then it might not be quite so simple/easy/quick.