Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HGHB at th10?

HGHB at th10?

Have a couple guys struggling at th10. Well that's everybody at th10 I guess, but these guys keep trying HGHB and often can't make it work against a 9.5. Are they just too cheap to ABB (Always Be Bowling), should I forbid the attack like GoWiPe?
    It's always the closet engineers that are the most bitter. Trying to maintain a righteous pose while doing exactly what they claim to hate, lashing out at anyone that points out the obvious.

Hmm, I know where you are coming from, if it isn't working, they need to change course, but banning an attack is a bit too much? I am sure HGHB at TH10 can work on some bases ... Powerbang says so, so it must be true!

Try showing the problems in Friendly Challanges and see if they can get better at it and/or realise it isn't for every base?!!? Equally try to get them trying other (bowler!) based strategies in Friendly Challenges so they aren't using heaps of de as they reuse the army over and over? I am sure you already thought of all these things given your status on the forum so ... apologies for teaching Grandma to suck eggs.

Obviously if you know them well tell them to stop being so tight or you will bench them

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TankSinatra View Post
    Have a couple guys struggling at th10. Well that's everybody at th10 I guess, but these guys keep trying HGHB and often can't make it work against a 9.5. Are they just too cheap to ABB (Always Be Bowling), should I forbid the attack like GoWiPe?
    A= always
    B= be
    B= bowling

Bowlers are for closers.

Quote Originally Posted by nobeone View Post
    Hmm, I know where you are coming from, if it isn't working, they need to change course, but banning an attack is a bit too much? I am sure HGHB at TH10 can work on some bases ... Powerbang says so, so it must be true!

Obviously if you know them well tell them to stop being so tight or you will bench them
    Yes, I rule over the clan with an iron tread. Outright banning Gowipe years ago worked well, but maybe I'll just give them priority for bench patrol when we've got weird numbers opted in (which is usually).

Quote Originally Posted by Ripple1972 View Post
    A= always
    B= be
    B= bowling

Bowlers are for closers.
    Prize for 2 stars is you're fired.
    It's always the closet engineers that are the most bitter. Trying to maintain a righteous pose while doing exactly what they claim to hate, lashing out at anyone that points out the obvious.

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TankSinatra View Post
    Nah, GoWiPe is and always has been a 2* strat. HGHB works wonders, but you need the right base and to approach it correctly.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Gxr900 View Post
    Nah, GoWiPe is and always has been a 2* strat. HGHB works wonders, but you need the right base and to approach it correctly.
    I disagree with this. GoWiPe has gotten a bad name over the years. Mostly because it was a sub par strat, part because a lot of sub par players used it. In today's game with a QW to open I have seen it do well. People are just unwilling to explore the strat out of fear of being mocked. It's still not the best option but far from ban worthy.

I have not banned any strategies, but I do have a rule that everyone must use 2 attacks and try their best no matter the score. If someone continues to use a strategy that don't work or in th10 case , have a change of getting 3 star, then u got to tell them to change or order if they dont

Quote Originally Posted by clashaddict9 View Post
    I have not banned any strategies, but I do have a rule that everyone must use 2 attacks and try their best no matter the score. If someone continues to use a strategy that don't work or in th10 case , have a change of getting 3 star, then u got to tell them to change or order if they dont
    This. None of our th10's use HGHB, but if they did and constantly under performed. I'd heavily influence them to try something else. Our Th10's do pretty good to be fair using mainly QW hogs or bowitch, some times laloon.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Clark11308 View Post
    I disagree with this. GoWiPe has gotten a bad name over the years. Mostly because it was a sub par strat, part because a lot of sub par players used it. In today's game with a QW to open I have seen it do well. People are just unwilling to explore the strat out of fear of being mocked. It's still not the best option but far from ban worthy.
    I mock you sir.

do you have anyone that is really good at hghb to point out what they are doing wrong? We use hghb a lot. It is our most consistent 3 star strat to 3 star max th11's on down. 9.5's don't stand a chance at stopping it with lvl7 giants and lvl 6 hogs. unless they are specifically built to stop it, but then you can change over to goho and 24 lvl 6 hogs can mow them down pretty easily. hghb is all about the entry point. I would try working on the attack with them rather than banning it. It is one of the most consistent attacks out there if done right. Imo anyway
    Max th9 with 30/30 hero's,Check us out: Magnitude 11, ​Magnitude 12. I was walking past the mental hospital the other day and all the patients were shouting, '13....13.....13.'The fence was too high to see over, but I saw a little gap in the planks.I looked through to see what was going on.....Some ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ poked me in the eye with a stick!Then they all started shouting '14.....14....14....