Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: BH8 Base Designs....

Fresh Spawn
    Awesome BH Designs

Quote Originally Posted by Noctaire View Post
    You can always see which one I am running at any given time (I donít do the decoy base thing). I try to mix it up, run a different one on each game Iím actively playing. I have my main and 3 alts in Divergent Void running BH8, and one alt over in the Forum Goat Herd thatís on BH8 now. Iíll probably stick with those 5 bases for the time being then switch it up in a few days as new base designs become common and the meta kinda shakes out.
    You may also check my base for my new Bh8 design, Noctaire. Now that I have my mega tesla, it's ready and running at 4.5k trophy range. I adopted a different concept at bh8 and it's working very well to avoid been 3 stared.
    Ps: due to the popularity of dropships at 4.5k, all my mines are currently set to air. However, I already have done the ground mines configuration for the future meta.
    Last edited by CHANDRIANO; March 11th, 2018 at 12:58 AM.

Some more bases I’m seeing pop up quite a lot. Two I’ve set up on lower level games for testing, the others I haven’t tested yet but you can figure out where to put hidden defenses....

Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG02YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.

wondering if theres new dreaded BH8 base. the one that is dreaded ala BH7 diamond base.

Quote Originally Posted by th3hitman View Post
    wondering if theres new dreaded BH8 base. the one that is dreaded ala BH7 diamond base.
    Not yet; at least none that I‘ve come across. It might be too early. I humbly submit that it will be a diamond, not box, base though....
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)

New Bloke/Chick
    Any update on what bases are working right now? Because people are having at least 1 combo maxed out.

My experience is that the diamond base works the best. However you see it enough that despite your troop tactic you ought to be able to get a good two star out of it. It really comes down to execution. The beauty of the builder base is even when I don't execute well, there's always that chance that neither does my opponent. The box design plays right to the advantage of canon carts and barbs which I think will remain the dominant troop tactic.

My experience as well. Anyone - who’s actually trying - will beat the box bases using CC strats with a 65%, 2-star result at the very least. That’s especially the case for anyone running less than L7 defenses. Best bet is a diamond base like the ones I shared in my most recent base building video. That said...

You have to test a few to get the one that works best for you.

I’ve had a few players now tell me that a base I put up doesn’t perform well for them; one even went so far as to say one of them was a decoy base and not a real base (he was wrong). Each base performs differently as a result of wall levels, defense levels in general, which specific defenses have been upgraded how far, where you;re at in the trophy rankings, and even what time you choose to play.

Then there’s player expectation. Some players think a base is good only if they win most of their matches or if the base defends to 1-Star or less. Neither is the case. If a base can consistently defend to the point your opponent gets a 60%, 2-Star result or less (with the occasional zero star or 1-Star)...well, it’s doing its part and you need to do yours.
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)

Quote Originally Posted by Noctaire View Post
    Some more bases I’m seeing pop up quite a lot. Two I’ve set up on lower level games for testing, the others I haven’t tested yet but you can figure out where to put hidden defenses....

1000 curses on you for putting that bottom right base out on the interweb. I've just started running into it, and it's variants, the last few days and haven't figured it out yet.

I liked it better when everyone had a bracket base.

Quote Originally Posted by ubba13 View Post
    1000 curses on you for putting that bottom right base out on the interweb. I've just started running into it, and it's variants, the last few days and haven't figured it out yet.

I liked it better when everyone had a bracket base.
    Really?! Treat it like a box base - they’re dead easy at BH8. Come at it from the flat top - there are usually Mines/MegaMines around there, so either use something beefy or trickle your troops in. Many players put a push trap on either side, so watch out for those as well. Get the Army Camps down first, then your troops will work their way around the sides and to the center of the top half; ideally, once the sides are cleared, send a few ranged attackers down the middle to take out the BH. Then move on the bottom half either from the middle or bring the other half of your army up from the bottom.

Army comps with Sneaky Archers can pick off a ton of buildings on this one. PEKKA Carts rips it up (I have several threeplays on this in my videos). GiCarts, GiBoCC (take out the Army Camps first) are good against it as well. Mitch across the top, and even Three Sisters (replay on my latest video).
    Last edited by Noctaire; May 11th, 2018 at 08:27 PM.
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)