Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Big Time Trader!

alternate between San Diego and Baltimore, USA
    I have had different generosity titles, but not Philanthropist. There are not even requests to make that possible. Some of my NH members paired up and gave each other 10 peaches (which give max XP) until they got the green trellis over the gate. Most of us have the trellis by now. Occasionally someone might ask for something needed for a boat beyond what she could get by marking the crates. If someone requests jams, jelly beans, blankets I mostly ignore them. Those items are too precious to be given away for no particular reason. Marked crates I would certainly help to fill, but we had a new member of level 80+ who marked crates for help AND request AND ask in chat because she usually was not active enough to fill more than one or two crates on her boat. She was eventualy asked to leave the NH.

My NH members are uaully quite generous and helpful to each other. We just make requests by NH chat and there are enough high level mmbers to respond quickly. The one-wheat code works extremely well for us to prevent items being stolen by outsiders.

Basically what everyone else said ^^^

The request system is too restrictive to be of any use IMO, and I bet that 95% of the time it's only used to gain the Generous Neighbour achievement. Bit of a FAIL for SC I think, but hey, not everything they do will be a roaring success.

I have never seen anything higher than light trader.

Isn't it a bit weird that it uses the title "Light Trader" at all? I mean, there's no trading going on is there? It's just giving stuff away...

I think the only way to make the system really work is to make it possible to agree and carry out actual trades - i.e., I want X and for that I am offering Y. Obviously there would be challenges over what happens if you offer X and then sell it / use it before someone accepts the trade. But that wouldn't be a show stopper - it would just need some thought and nice design.

Some people have been recently asking for a system such as this at a global level - essentially as a replacement for the DD. That for me would be a step too far, but having an inter-hood trading system, or a between-friends trading system, really would be something useful rather than just a bizarre waste of a year trying to get an achievement.

One member NH .. can’t donate

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181
    Quote Originally Posted by DeonTri View Post
    One member NH .. can’t donate
    So your title should be Lone Wolf.
    What the hell?
    The L bunny is elusive as the Scarlet Pimpernel.
    Yet many farms heard recently the toll of the bell.
    Thank you so much sweet Supercell.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...cussion-Thread

Yes sneak peek ... oh wait no ... i'll be back ...
    Farm level 136 ... Town 40

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181
    Quote Originally Posted by valleria View Post
    I'm looking at my crystal ball and it tells me that Sneak Peeks will be available from March to June.
    What the hell?
    The L bunny is elusive as the Scarlet Pimpernel.
    Yet many farms heard recently the toll of the bell.
    Thank you so much sweet Supercell.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...cussion-Thread

Quote Originally Posted by LynnK2015 View Post
    So your title should be Lone Wolf.

Quote Originally Posted by valleria View Post
    Hahahha..... yes... Iím doing the same