Page 183 of 183 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183
Results 1,821 to 1,828 of 1828

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Builder Games - March 8th - March 12th

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikingchief View Post
    OK, this question has a bunch of assumptions I know you all will violently disagree with, but here goes anyway:

IF, we assume that the BB only clan games were both a financial success AND that they resulted in a significant amount of new builders base players as well as upgraded and more engaged builders base players AND we assume that this is a good thing on balance for the long term sustainabilty of clash (due to more interest from the shareholders in investing money back into game versus harvesting the game without investment) do you think that they should do builders base clan games again despite all the anger?
    If the anger means people are quiting the game in droves and not doing those games I don't think we'll ever see them again.

Having said that, I take other things into account.

1. Being angry on a forum / reddit / twitter is something else then doing something in game. I am quite confident a lot of people are complaining, but still want the rewards and do the clan games for that and are NOT quitting or "going on strike" by not playing.

2. I take into account that I believe a lot of people here are hugely overstating things and in my humble opinion were overreacting to a 4 day event (to celebrate the BB8) like - and sorry at this moment I can't think of anything non offending term - spoiled people. I think SC knows that.

3. The people being active on the forum / reddit / twitter are a very small percentage of people actually playing the game. We do not know how the non-English speaking people feel about this event. For example the Chinese people may as well have liked this event very very much.

Yeah, I would think SC would do this if all what you said happens. Honestly, I don't see why they would repeat these kind of events.

Forum Elder
    OK, this question has a bunch of assumptions I know you all will violently disagree with, but here goes anyway:

IF, we assume that the BB only clan games were both a financial success AND that they resulted in a significant amount of new builders base players as well as upgraded and more engaged builders base players AND we assume that this is a good thing on balance for the long term sustainabilty of clash (due to more interest from the shareholders in investing money back into game versus harvesting the game without investment) do you think that they should do builders base clan games again despite all the anger?
    Iíd do it again but from the beginning I would only do 2 types of challenge.

1. The percentage challenges that last a long time. That way every attack is worth something and I can hop in and out when I like over several hours. Generally I didnít bother with the BM if it wasnít ready.

2. Simple single building attacks - gem mines and lab only as they are generally on the edge so always snipeable.

I didnít and wouldnít spend a gem on it though.
    Quote Originally Posted by kajid View Post
    Loot difficulty has gone up again today by 2.5% Why do they keep increasing the loot difficulty this makes the game not worth playing and before you all say there is more inactive bases and less active players it still shouldn't be a 2.5% increase in difficulty.

Forum Champion

Question 2

Assuming all factors in question 1 above were true ( https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post11515830 ), how would you feel If every so often they did a clangames (both bases could participate) where builders base challenges counted double the normal points were designed to be specifically easy for new and low level builders base players to accomplish, and pretty easy for the other BB challenges.

How often do you think it would be a good idea to have these games? Once a month (-assuming the assumptions in my first question are true for these games too)?
    Last edited by Vikingchief; March 13th, 2018 at 02:58 AM.
    Clan - Highland chiefs - member, 12thDIMENSION - lurking
    Accounts - 15 th12, 3 th11s. 3 th10 Fixing matchmaker :https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...-and-onyzng%21 : how to migrate to supercell ID :https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...cell-ID-Thread

To answer Vinkingchiefs questions from my perspective...

1) I think it is going to be really difficult to judge the success of the BH themed clan games when looking at spending gems - too many confounders.... there was a new BH8 and the battle fest was going on. I bought the BH8 pack for main account, and then gemmed upgrade times because I was full with gold ( did that for my minis as well) ...I never spend any gems on boosting troops, too busy with 6 accounts.

Then looking at achieved tiers or participation... for my mainly Chinese clan it was business as usual. Everyone helps until we get the BoH. But when I asked how they like BH games... answer was “it’s hard”. The tasks were not discussed, 100% of clan chat was for the 2 clan wars we did back to back during the CG. But only 1 account in our clan maxed CG points and we stopped as soon as we reached the tier with BoH as opposed the ususally 15 accounts maxing points and we would just keep going with no pressure to reach a specific tier after the BoH.
    Also due to the battle fest we had clock tower 3 times a day.... I would estimate that if it wasn’t for the clock tower being available more often I would have gotten less than half the points I ended up getting.

2) I think if any “ themed” clan games should happen, people would be much happier with extra rewards for themed tasks and have a variety of TH and BH based tasks (small amount of village specific loot with completing each task, or double points etc.)
    If SC adopted this way of themed games I would not mind if every single CG has a theme, if it meant we just get extra things....
    forcing players to play a specific part of the game won’t work in long run.

BTW I did not farm in any of my main villages - the BH completely absorbed all my clash time outside of the clan war, not sustainable....

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    I think 2 times a year would be the absolute maximum many people would be prepared to tolerate. 4 times would be way too much.
    i could tolerate it every week. Itís as easy to ignore them on a weekly basis as it is annually. Kind of limiting for sc to do that though as in my opinion it would dampen activity, not increase it and primarily in the Bh.

A thought that hadnít really occurred to me before, IF the B.B. games were loaded with goodies for the main village AND had easy to do challenges, would I give builder base a try again?

you know what, I just might. But the ease of challenge completion, versus rewards gained for the main village, would have to be very attractive. Iím just not interested in B.B. for itself.

I think this usually happens when a player is already on edge, many people have been playing 4/5 years and are in honesty a little bit bored, but continue to play for clanmates and because, even If a little boring at this point, Its still not a bad mobile game at all.

I think players in this specific situation, will accept a certain amount of non player friendly (but profit friendly) actions from supercell, and If enough non player friendly actions are taking eventually they quit. So for me this last action wasnt the entire reason, it was action 4/5/6 or even 10 in a chain of actions that annoyed the player, who was already a 50/50 for continuing to play, and then they decided it was enough.

Its the game, that game developers, and especially freemium developers have to balance. They need to take actions that increase profits, that annoy players (part of freemium model, or we wouldnt gem). Sometimes these decisions are simply a trade off and they accept they will lose some players to increase revenue from others. In the case of the builder base only games, and this is a little besides the point, I think they could have achieved the same goal, without the annoyance, by implementing the plan slightly differently.
    Really good post to explain to Prutser why people would quit because of one clan games. I completely agree. I believe SC did slightly mess this one up. Instead they should have made it easy -not a hard slog/grind through BB games to rather attract people to the BB. Instead it was this incredibly tough slog for most clans and many people ended thinking - this side game sucks, its too hard.

I think they tried to find a balance between attracting people to the BB and BH8 and making money. I feel they erred too far onto the side of making money, yes it needs to be done, but it needs to be more subtle. This was just pushing too far for many people.

I still haven't touched my boat since games ended, I doubt ill touch it for a few weeks. I feel like I'm done with that side of the base. I'll pick up a BB clan game every now and then(during normal clan games - to help get points if its an easy challenge) but I think I'm done being a rabbit on that particular wheel. I'll stick to what I like. Raging troops under a heal with a jump and watching them decimate a core. That's entertainment.
    Last edited by Rephren; March 13th, 2018 at 09:40 AM.

Never argue with idiots, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Forum Veteran
    I hope SC will change the BB challenges for the next clan games based on user feedback. The same quest in the main village and builder base will be TWICE as hard in the BB. For example in the main village there is one for 12 stars. That same one requires 24 stars in the BB. Now I understand you can attack more often in BB and that is likely why they made it require more stars.

BUT if you look at it from a "time played" perspective. The player has to attack twice as many times to get the same amount of points as in the main village. While I enjoy the game my time in this world is not unlimited. I can only play so many hours a day and having to play double the amount of time in BB as in MV for the same points seems like a waste of my time.

I personally will be staying FAR AWAY from any BB challenges unless they make some significant changes.
    TH 12 || Lvl 210 || AQ 53 || BK 54 || GW 25 || All Time Best: 5552 Cups