Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why Bother Warring with such horrible benefits?

Been some good responses already, and I agree with the sentiment about the primary motivator for war being the challenge and now the loot. However the loot is nice, especially since it goes to your treasury where it has more protection than storages. Can be nice to tap into that when you're close to a major upgrade.

But that's definitely not the main reason to war for me.
    Playing since December 2012
    Accounts:
    JFSoul; Colin's Fury; JS Navy; 5 TH10/9s
    "The two most powerful warriors are patience and time." Leo Tolstoy

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperStorm103 View Post
    I only play this game for wars.

I despise Builders Hall and farming/trophy pushing. Clan games are okay, but lately it feels like they are jamming them down our throats. So yeah, war and the social aspect of the game are the only reasons I play. Breaking down a base an planning an attack is the fun part of the game for me. Random raiding is just troop spamming and hoping for a good result. Couldn't care less about loot. I'm fine living off of collectors and a few war spoils.

CoC has taken a back seat to other apps I have taken up now.
    Spot on; farming is mindless, albeit necessary, work to upgrade. Cracking a base for three stars is the only thrill in this game for me...
    Last edited by Denton; March 2nd, 2018 at 03:42 AM.

Think of Clan Wars as like the Olympics.
    Usain Bolt sprinting down the track to collect the ultimate prize....Olympic Gold (again!).

So, does Mr Bolt enter this race for the $?

No, he earns his money from regular track meets, sponsorship and endorsements etc
    History will tell it's own story of Usain Bolt, but it won't be about farming more loot in Brussells or Prague, but about winning Gold medals in London or Rio!!

p.s. still think I could beat him!!
    Clan Name : SOUTH WEST 45, Clan Tag : #90LP2PL. Highest Win Streak 12!
    Clan Details : Established 2012! Adult, English speaking International Level 14 War Clan (twice a week). Recruitment Thread : https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...10-s-to-TH12-s My Spec : TH11, 50-50-20.

Quote Originally Posted by Skrags View Post
    Usain Bolt sprinting down the track to collect the ultimate prize....Olympic Gold (again!).

No, he earns his money from regular track meets, sponsorship and endorsements etc
    History will tell it's own story of Usain Bolt, but it won't be about farming more loot in Brussells or Prague, but about winning Gold medals in London or Rio!!

lol, I know he is faster then me by 5-6 mph. My top speed in my early 20's was about 22 mph. He does what 27 mph? Probable does 0-20 twice as fast too.
    Last edited by SuperStorm103; March 2nd, 2018 at 09:31 PM.
    DeathStorm-10|22/23|2148*|FireStorm-10|17/20|2178*|SuperStorm-9|13/15|2147*
    DragonStorm-9|8/8|1529*|PerfectStorm-9|8/10|1428*|BrainStorm-10|10/16|1452*

Banned
    Triple post
    Last edited by MouthofSauron; March 3rd, 2018 at 02:59 PM.

Banned
    Triple post
    Last edited by MouthofSauron; March 3rd, 2018 at 03:01 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJackrabbit View Post
    I've played for several years and we always had the idea we don't war for loot. We war for other reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGame1 View Post
    Everyone's entitled to their opinions, mine personally is we don't war for loot, we war to be tested and adds the competitive edge to the game I personally need. The loot for me feels fine as it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by nobeone View Post
    ^^^ This.

Had a guy I was warring with discussing army comp. for a war attack, great I think, he is really thinking about it, good start! No, he was trying to reduce de content in the army to ensure he at least broken even on the attack

War is not about the loot. If you only care about loot, don't war, or at least, please don't war in a clan with me

War is about the challenge, the pressure, and the thrill of a 3 star on a tough base, when the chips are down and your clan really needs a result.

War is about the winning. Most of us have to lose a bit too, but no need to enjoy that, suck it up and go again.

War is about doing your best, putting everything in to a war, and seeing if you can best another clan.

I suspect war is not for you OP. Though perhaps see the FWA thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperStorm103 View Post
    I only play this game for wars.

I despise Builders Hall and farming/trophy pushing. Clan games are okay, but lately it feels like they are jamming them down our throats. So yeah, war and the social aspect of the game are the only reasons I play. Breaking down a base an planning an attack is the fun part of the game for me. Random raiding is just troop spamming and hoping for a good result. Couldn't care less about loot. I'm fine living off of collectors and a few war spoils.
    All of the above. Farming is for loot. If you don't want to spend the resources to war, then it isn't for you. I know that I've personally kicked people from the clans I've been in over the years for using garbage farming armies to make a war attack, that they've failed miserably. 'But a war army is so expensive ' Bye bye

Quote Originally Posted by Skrags View Post

All haste spells? Or do you prefer rage? Lol

I'm in the war hits shouldn't ever take cost into account camp. Best attack you got for the base layout. Farm on your own time.

Centennial Club
    The most fun thing about playing Clash of Clans is war, the thrill of attacking, knowing if you'll win or not... I don't make war to win resources, on the other hand, even if I win the war, I always lose because the two best of the clan donate all the troops to the others, including the castles of the war map.
    So if you fight for resources, you're not doing well.
    You learn a lot in warfare and above all, it's a lot of fun. It's the moment when people are most active.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

Centennial Club
    As others had mentioned, if you war for loot or concerned about resources used for war army, your clan would be in serious trouble.