Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why there are so many______ in the Daily Dirt and what can I do?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Why there are so many______ in the Daily Dirt and what can I do?

I thought it would be a good idea to have one thread to refer to when there is an influx of influx complaints and a place to share tips and tricks to living with these influxes.

To start, the Daily Dirt is filled with what we farmers put in it. Events and new machines influence the market.

Many farmers try to master new machines as fast as they can and this includes the “new to them” machines as well; this is usually achieved by selecting the easiest or fastest item that the production machine can make.

If the Daily Dirt is full of produce, it is because of a crop event and everyone is over stuffing their silos and need to sell off excesses.

Many people have different and inventive ways of using these times to their advantage.

This is intended as an information thread, not a complaint thread. Please share your tips and tricks, so we can refer forumers to this in the future
    Farm 141
    CoC TH12 BhB9 AQ 60 BK 53 GW 26
    established level 18 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

Many farmers get frustrated and fewer are shopping.

I use these times to find the hidden gems behind the rustic advertising, opening ever farm I can!
    Farm 141
    CoC TH12 BhB9 AQ 60 BK 53 GW 26
    established level 18 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

I rarely shop, not out of frustration of what is in the DD, but that my barn is always full.

When I do have room to shop, I look for what’s behind the ad. I have often found EM’s or premium goods.

I do sometimes look for eggs, and can usually find them and also wheat. But I’m very careful where I buy my wheat, for concern it is an unscrupulous farm.
    Level 162
    Achievement 144/144 (24 Apr 2019)
    🐝 kind. 🤗

Quote Originally Posted by Momscar View Post
    I rarely shop, not out of frustration of what is in the DD, but that my barn is always full.

When I do have room to shop, I look for what’s behind the ad. I have often found EM’s or premium goods.

I do sometimes look for eggs, and can usually find them and also wheat. But I’m very careful where I buy my wheat, for concern it is an unscrupulous farm.
    What would you consider an 'unscrupulous farm?'
    Farm Level 79 - Town Level 18
    Barn 1900 - Silo 1850
    Achievements 131/144
    Downloaded January 14, 2014

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by Molly1173 View Post
    Suspected bots!

If you ever see a farm selling wheat - JUST wheat, AND:

-They have no boat/mine/town/fishing area at a level where you can unlock them -OR- they have them but they appear to not be used. Sometimes they have repaired the fishing boat but don't have ANYTHING in the area - literally no net maker no fishing hut no tacklebox no lure maker. nothing.
    -Their machines are inactive and appear to be placed randomly, with no regard for how it looks
    -Their animals and potential pets are EITHER all ready to be harvested/sleeping OR all hungry
    -No fruit trees/bushes
    -Either no decoration, or some decoration that has been placed randomly similar to machines
    -Sometimes if you buy the wheat it reloads faster than someone ever could

You just may be dealing with bot farm - "farms" that auto-generate and sell wheat, then sell the drops for real money.

Keep in mind that it would absolutely HAVE to have a LOT of these 'symptoms' in order to really be suspicious. Just inactive machines isn't enough. A player who does not have a boat or mine is NOT NECESSARILY A BOT FARM. (Just so nobody thinks i think this, LOL)

Of course, even then you can never be too sure, so don't go ham reporting every single farm that is even slightly like this. If you think it may be a bot, don't support it by buying its wheat.
    Last edited by EllunaHellen; February 26th, 2018 at 03:03 PM.
    Level 100 reached 21/7/2019! Level 101 -Town Reputation level 22
    Farm ID #298YQQ2QU
    ALL Sanctuary animals! ~not anymore~ - Might unlock all this land by 2025. Maybe.
    Started September 2014! - Probably the slowest ever consistent player
    Mini farm started on April 24th, 2018! ~Level 66/Rep 17~

There are, and most likely will always be, bot farms. Usually selling cheap wheat, and an undeveloped farm for the level it is, are just 2 of the ways to spot it. It does not mean that it IS a bot farm, but that it could be. Luckily, I have many friends that ‘wheat’ on a regular basis, but occasionally they are sold out.
    Level 162
    Achievement 144/144 (24 Apr 2019)
    🐝 kind. 🤗

Quote Originally Posted by Momscar View Post

I shop a lot in the DD, especially to keep a large stock of eggs, milk and bacon. Love finding the rare items too.

I, too, am careful where I buy my wheat. Usually only buy it when I want to make a bunch of wheat bundles for my sanctuary animals. I pass them by if they are only one coin, as it seems those look like they are for sale from bot farms and I’ve read on here where a buyer can actually have their own farm banned here if you buy from a bot farm so I don’t want to take a chance on it.

Quote Originally Posted by FarmWife View Post
    I shop a lot in the DD, especially to keep a large stock of eggs, milk and bacon. Love finding the rare items too.

I, too, am careful where I buy my wheat. Usually only buy it when I want to make a bunch of wheat bundles for my sanctuary animals. I pass them by if they are only one coin, as it seems those look like they are for sale from bot farms and I’ve read on here where a buyer can actually have their own farm banned here if you buy from a bot farm so I don’t want to take a chance on it.
    I didn't think of that. Sometimes I sell at 1 if my silo is busting at the seams. I usually go full price though. I have a habit of wheating when I'm bored so I can grab the drop items.
    Farm Level 79 - Town Level 18
    Barn 1900 - Silo 1850
    Achievements 131/144
    Downloaded January 14, 2014

Forum Superstar
    I didn't think of that. Sometimes I sell at 1 if my silo is busting at the seams. I usually go full price though. I have a habit of wheating when I'm bored so I can grab the drop items.
    If your farm otherwise looks like someone is PLAYING IT, you are in no danger of being viewed as a bot. Sell all the wheat you like - wheating is a great strategy
    Level 100 reached 21/7/2019! Level 101 -Town Reputation level 22
    Farm ID #298YQQ2QU
    ALL Sanctuary animals! ~not anymore~ - Might unlock all this land by 2025. Maybe.
    Started September 2014! - Probably the slowest ever consistent player
    Mini farm started on April 24th, 2018! ~Level 66/Rep 17~

WussyPuss knows I love the economics of this game

I know some say don't tell mention supply vs demand. But, that is exactly what it is. The only difference in the free market, usually a high supply reduces the price of the commodity. The Hay Day market, most players don't seem to adjust their rates these days.

I put them up in my store (unadvertised) for 1,000 coins for 10. They don't last longer than 10 minutes because one of my farm friends or followers knows they won't take a loss at that price. Or, they can sell them slightly higher or even try full price to make a profit. On the demand side, there is very little demand. I don't often see them in truck or boat orders. And town requests don't have them that often either.

Back when I started, the supply of eggs and bacon was very high and most people had trouble selling them at even default price.

This is one of the reasons the visitor event helps with this super high supply issues, because people can still buy them at full price and turn around and make a profit off of them. Therefore, you get one day where there is a super high demand. On a typical day, there is not much incentive to buy full-priced rustic bouquets because there ends up being a coin loss when they are used.

The visitor event should suck them up for a couple of days. Even if you don't participate in the farm visitor event, it is a good time (I have found) to obtain some BEMs, SEMs, and LEMs. So, watch the DD!