Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why so many rustic boquets in the market?!

Angry Why so many rustic boquets in the market?!

Please don't tell me supply and demand. There IS NO demand...no tasks for them, never a boat item, the farm visitors in the driveway don't even want them. Yet people keep trying to sell them like they are in Great demand. Why do players make them? I cannot figure it out. Does Greg buy them back at full price? It is SO annoying. I completely boycott any player selling them, especially ones who ask for help and only offer rustic bouquets in return. With aallllll those machines making items, they can only offer rustic bouquets?! Aaarrrgh!
    Last edited by ptpeg57; February 25th, 2018 at 07:49 PM.

there IS NO demand, but THERE IS tons of supply. people are making them because they are trying to master the flower shop machine, and they are the longest time / simplest raw resource item. there are tons of thread about this that will confirm the same.
    Join our hood: Anchor Down / Yellow Ship Wheel on Blue Circle / Tag #80CGC2Y8

Quote Originally Posted by ptpeg57 View Post
    Please don't tell me supply and demand. There IS NO demand...no tasks for them, never a boat item, the farm visitors in the driveway don't even want them. Yet people keep trying to sell them like they are in Great demand. Why do players make them? I cannot figure it out. Does Greg buy them back at full price? It is SO annoying. I completely boycott any player selling them, especially ones who ask for help and only offer rustic bouquets in return. With aallllll those machines making items, they can only offer rustic bouquets?! Aaarrrgh!
    Players want to achieve mastery of the flower shop and these are the easiest bouquet to make. Plenty players will buy them up in vast quantities in anticipation of the visitor event next week so the dd may look a little more appealing for a couple of days!

I got a few boats lately that asked for them. I don‘t produce them but I‘m glad to buy them when I get a boat order.

Forum Superstar
    Oh look, the Rustic Bouquets are back and so are the complaint threads.

We know. The DD is full of 'em. But hey, guess what? If it's not this, IT'S SOMETHING ELSE! The DD has never been varied and full of good, premium items. The DD is full of things that are super fast to make or gather, such as wheat and eggs. The DD is full of items that are easy to make on (relatively) new machines or machines that are unlocked later in the game, such as tofu dogs, cloche hats, and, that's right, rustic bouquets!

Why do people make them? MASTERY!

Why do people ask for help and only give bouquets in return? Well, exactly BECAUSE the DD is full of them! It's a very slow-moving item, and that is exactly why people use it for help. Throw it in the stand, put an ad on it, and you won't have to put something else in there every 5 minutes.

And yes, Greg will eventually buy them back at full price, though I think people who make use of that will not always place an ad.

Now if you don't mind, I'll be snapping up some more so I can sell 'em to the void come Tuesday - two visitors wanting them in front of my house already!

I get almost no boat requests for them, but some town and truck ones
    Last edited by EllunaHellen; February 25th, 2018 at 08:35 PM.
    Level 100 reached 21/7/2019! Level 101 -Town Reputation level 22
    Farm ID #298YQQ2QU
    ALL Sanctuary animals! ~not anymore~ - Might unlock all this land by 2025. Maybe.
    Started September 2014! - Probably the slowest ever consistent player
    Mini farm started on April 24th, 2018! ~Level 66/Rep 17~

OP, I get sick of seeing them too. It was kind of nice when crops were yielding extra as there were more crops for sale in the DD than rustic bouquets. I ignore visitors to my farm so don’t know if they ask for them or not, and rarely have any boats or townies that want them. I keep 10 in my barn, and replenish as needed which isn’t very often. I don’t pay attention to mastering my machines, when it happens it happens, no big deal. I rarely even click on an ad in the DD if they are advertising rustic bouquets, as usually that’s all they are offering so it isn’t worth the trouble.

There are so many precisely because there is no demand. There is no demand because everyone has a great supply of them, since they don't require any scarce resources, are relatively quick to make, and the machine which is used to make them is (95% of the time) going to be laying idle otherwise, since there are few other products that it can make, and those are also rarely demanded.

People are still going to advertise them in the paper despite there being no demand because a) it's free, and eventually someone will buy them (even if it's Greg or Tom) and b) people want their ads to sit in the paper for a while because it attracts people to help with their boat orders.

As everyone else has said 100s of times, it's just the way it is, and if it wasn't rustic bouquets it would be something else.

Trainee
    Quote Originally Posted by ptpeg57 View Post
    the farm visitors in the driveway don't even want them
    The farm visitors will only ask for the two items you have the most of in your silo/barn, and all the items you have 0 of

I know you said don't tell you supply vs demand. But, that is exactly what it is. The only difference in the free market, usually a high supply reduces the price of the commodity. The Hay Day market, most players don't seem to adjust their rates these days.

I put them up in my store (unadvertised) for 1,000 coins for 10. They don't last longer than 10 minutes because one of my farm friends or followers knows they won't take a loss at that price. Or, they can sell them slightly higher or even try full price to make a profit. On the demand side, there is very little demand. I don't often see them in truck or boat orders. And town requests don't have them that often either.

Back when I started, the supply of eggs and bacon was very high and most people had trouble selling them at even default price.

This is one of the reasons the visitor event helps with this super high supply issues, because people can still buy them at full price and turn around and make a profit off of them. On a typical day, there is not much incentive to buy full-priced rustic bouquets because there ends up being a coin loss when they are used.

The visitor event should suck them up for a couple of days. Even if you don't participate in the farm visitor event, it is a good time (I have found) to obtain some BEMs, SEMs, and LEMs. So, watch the DD!

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1 View Post
    I know you said don't tell you supply vs demand. But, that is exactly what it is. The only difference in the free market, usually a high supply reduces the price of the commodity. The Hay Day market, most players don't seem to adjust their rates these days.

I put them up in my store (unadvertised) for 1,000 coins for 10. They don't last longer than 10 minutes because one of my farm friends or followers knows they won't take a loss at that price. Or, they can sell them slightly higher or even try full price to make a profit. On the demand side, there is very little demand. I don't often see them in truck or boat orders. And town requests don't have them that often either.

Back when I started, the supply of eggs and bacon was very high and most people had trouble selling them at even default price.

This is one of the reasons the visitor event helps with this super high supply issues, because people can still buy them at full price and turn around and make a profit off of them. On a typical day, there is not much incentive to buy full-priced rustic bouquets because there ends up being a coin loss when they are used.

The visitor event should suck them up for a couple of days. Even if you don't participate in the farm visitor event, it is a good time (I have found) to obtain some BEMs, SEMs, and LEMs. So, watch the DD!

Spartan, this is a high quality response, the kind I am looking for in this thread

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...-what-can-I-do

if you could copy and paste it into this thread, I would be forever indebted, or just very grateful
    Farm 141
    CoC TH12 BhB9 AQ 60 BK 50 GW 23
    established level 18 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...