Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: How to become a Supercell moderator ?

Quote Originally Posted by Clash12344321 View Post
    Mods are handpicked by other mods based on your posts. You'll need to have tons of A grade posts if you need to become one!
    I think that's only part of it.

Like GASPs, Moderators an important part of the Supercell family, dedicated to helping players of all levels of experience, playing styles and backgrounds. They help individual players and the Community have an enjoyable experience playing SC games and interacting in the forum.

I think if you

• Help those in need: troubleshooting, strategy, new players, etc.
    • Maintain a balanced, objective and friendly tone on the forums
    • Maintain a friendly and polite public image
    • Make posts & comments professional and courteous
    • Dedicate a few hours each week to the forum

Do the above and you'll probably be considered Moderator material.

It also depends on the need. Moderators / GASPs take time off from the game or the forum, so sometimes they need to recruit...sometimes they are able to manage with the current number on staff.
    Playing since December 2012
    Accounts:
    JFSoul; Colin's Fury; JS Navy; 5 TH10/9s
    "The two most powerful warriors are patience and time." Leo Tolstoy

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #22
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Personally, I’ve been doing Lach’s laundry for 6 months now and I pick up Holps at the airport every time he calls, but still I’m not a moderator.
    Smolson was on laundry duty for 12 months. And he was washing by hand.

Consider yourself lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Reefus View Post
    They’re selected from the community. They’re all so different from each other so I’m not sure what the metric is for selection. I’m guessing they all lost a bet or did something terrible in a former life. The nonsense they voluntarily sort through is astounding.

#thanksmods
    Couldn't have said it better myself

Banned
    From what my super secret source told me, it involved kool-aid, lots and lots of kool-aid!😉

Banned
    If you think there's good in everybody then you haven't met everybody
    You have to sign up and enroll to the forum police.

From there you go from thread to thread, reminding everyone of their place and quoting rules you have no right quoting. For extra credit it’s usually a good idea to damn every comment made by forum noobs...how very dare they try and contritube opinions in the presence of long established forum veterans.

I choose to edit this given I’ve just received a negative reputation point from staff. This place can be pretty intimidating if you’re a new guy. You’re unfamiliar with the rules and long established forum customs are not yet known to you. Fair enough, you need to play it cool and settle yourself in but people can be pretty rough on you during these early days. Tolerance for new guys seems a little short from what I’ve seen thus far
    Last edited by PointFive; February 24th, 2018 at 05:15 PM.

Banned
    Sometimes, and sometimes we bring it on ourselves by how we say what we say. Usually it is not the mods who are hard on noobs, gasps- common, regular forummers- very common. The only thing to watch for in the rules is for the changes that are made with no notice. Then you get shanked in the back - or one may be oversensitive for some past trauma and then take it out on literally nothing worthwhile. But, truth be told, that seems to be pretty rare and the mods are pretty fair.

Banned
    If you think there's good in everybody then you haven't met everybody
    Oh to be clear I was criticising anyone who has an official role here. Mods, gasps etc. do a grand job.

It’s those underlying wannabe staff that act as the unofficial forum police. They can be harsh and pretty unforving

I was a mod for a large UK ISP for around 5 years. It was pretty much a thankless task really. True, there were a few benefits but given the amount of ***** (insert your chosen word there) that you have to deal with, the fact that a lot of the time you cannot post what you really think, the amount of editing (other people's posts) and general cleaning up of forums you have to do, the benefits didn't come close to renumerating me for the effort I put in.

I have half a clue that SC treat their mods somewhat differently and that they do benefit in some ways. That's a guess, but an educated one. Even so, at times it will still be a thankless task but I'm glad they do it all the same.

Besides, anyone that has Clint Eastwood as his avatar can't be all bad can he?

#BlameHolps !!

sig by clasher0011

Quote Originally Posted by fette View Post
    Big deal, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by PointFive View Post
    You have to sign up and enroll to the forum police.

From there you go from thread to thread, reminding everyone of their place and quoting rules you have no right quoting. For extra credit it’s usually a good idea to damn every comment made by forum noobs...how very dare they try and contritube opinions in the presence of long established forum veterans.

I choose to edit this given I’ve just received a negative reputation point from staff. This place can be pretty intimidating if you’re a new guy. You’re unfamiliar with the rules and long established forum customs are not yet known to you. Fair enough, you need to play it cool and settle yourself in but people can be pretty rough on you during these early days. Tolerance for new guys seems a little short from what I’ve seen thus far
    Quote Originally Posted by PointFive View Post
    Oh to be clear I was criticising anyone who has an official role here. Mods, gasps etc. do a grand job.

It’s those underlying wannabe staff that act as the unofficial forum police. They can be harsh and pretty unforving
    That sort of behavior decreases the chance of someone being promoted to moderator.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. How is war map placement of max halls determined you ask, check out threads like this one. Thank you SC for the new legends! I'd start it at 5500 and let farmers play 5000-5500, but overall it is a great improvement.

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #30
    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfPotatos View Post
    Why? They don't pay you for the job do they?
    As a huge fan of the game, being a moderator has been an absolute privelege and rewards me in ways that I couldn't buy.

When I started on the forum, it was already established. There was already a massive community of people talking about the game and dissecting its mechanics, bouncing around terms I'd never heard of and issues I never realized. Slowly, I worked my way in, talked with others, and most of all, listened and learned. I grew to love the forum community and I login daily. I never considered that I'd ever be anything other than just a member and I didn't seek it out either. Being asked to be a GASP came completely out of the blue. Even then, I used to say, "Yeah, but I'll never be a moderator," so that, too, came as a shock.

As a daily user, one of the big benefits is being able to manage and cleanup the forum where I spend so much time. I hate spam. I used to report them over-and-over and I would roll my eyes when they weren't removed immediately. Now, I zap spam left-and-right. When I see a spammer or a spam report, boom! There goes that one and any other they wrote. It's oddly satisfying.

I like organization and I like rules. I like a clear boundary that says this is ok, this is not. Being in a position to shape and enforce those boundaries really appeals to my type-A personality. I can be sure there's a place for everything and everything is in its place. I also love banning trolls. As member, I'd get angry with the "new" members who clearly weren't or the occasional lunatic trolls who'd have an expletive-laden meltdown or post the same gibberish under account after account, and I couldn't do anything about it. Now I can.

But even though I find the work I do on the forum satisfying, the benefits go far beyond that. I'm a huge fan of the game and I dedicate a massive amount of time to it. Getting to talk with all the Youtubers and streamers and learn from their conversations has been great. Having access to developer versions, and getting information about and being able to provide input on future releases is a dream come true. I have hopes that a QOL idea I shared might make it into the game. It may not, but if it did, how cool would that be? But getting to visit Supercell and meet with the community managers and the development team was absolutely surreal. I was treated like a VIP the whole time, feted around on one amazing adventure after another, and had the most incredible time. I know I'll never forget it.

Being a moderator may not be for you, but I wouldn't trade it for anything.
    Last edited by SharkyFinn; February 24th, 2018 at 06:47 PM.
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 19 - 676 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Fan Content Policy