Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New TH9 Base design

Trainee

New TH9 Base design

Hey guys, i'm very new to town hall 9. I just starting the building of my brand new first X-Bow.

Here is my base: https://gyazo.com/c8beec015625799fdd606b0178af7560

Any suggestions or improvements i can make? Please let me know. Just looking for any suggestions that will protect my dark elixir and townhall, or at least prevent a 3 star.

Thanks.
    Last edited by cleborp; February 21st, 2018 at 03:46 AM.

At first glance you're extremely vulnerable to a jump spell and gobs from the top. Gobs under rage will take your Elixir, Dark store and TH within 5 seconds.

Ideally you want your TH and dark well protected behind a couple of layers, forcing the attacker to use wbs, as well as jump. Its tough defending as a new TH9 though and you'll probably lose a lot until your defenses are up to par. You could maybe adapt one of the battle donuts or crows until your defenses are up.

Just raid more than you lose.
    Last edited by Mico11813; February 21st, 2018 at 05:31 PM.

TH12 LEVEL 205 | BK 61 AQ 65 GW 37 | Est FEB 2015
    Thanos did nothing wrong

Junior Member TheRealPekkaMaster's Avatar
    As you're new it's going to be hard without upgrading...

But, if you can get some help in the form of defensive clan castle troops from your clan, consider putting the clan castle in the centre and making it hard to lure, in place of your TH. When you are about to or before running out of shield, request for defensive troops so you are covered for when you are offline.

When the xbows finish upgrading I recommend putting them near the middle either side of the TH/cc. Make sure that you have one xbow covering one half of the base and the other covering the other side. Set them to both ground/air to make sure they fire under any type of attack (the smaller area doesn't matter much atm because you're new and you want to protect the centre where you want your TH, dark storage and cc to be).

The xbows and cc are going to be one of the strongest things you have to defend yourself with...

Good luck!

Trainee
    @Mico11813 Yeah, I knew right away before I was a TH9 that my base was VERY vulnerable to jump spells. Thing is it's very hard for me to change my walls and keep it in the same formation. It's why I came on here. It's mostly just wall placements i'm having trouble with. Anyways, thanks for your feedback. No one has ever attacked from the left side of my base with jump spells YET. At least of i don't know.
    Last edited by cleborp; February 22nd, 2018 at 05:46 AM.

Trainee
    I will surely find a way, @TheRealPekkaMaster I will use your advice with the X-Bows. My friend told me not to get X-Bows because they add a ton of war weight.

Quote Originally Posted by cleborp View Post
    I will surely find a way, @TheRealPekkaMaster I will use your advice with the X-Bows. My friend told me not to get X-Bows because they add a ton of war weight.
    Yeah normally I would have mentioned it but I saw that you were already building them. Yep, xbows do add a whole lot of war weight. When I first got to TH9 I went the .5 route and just focused on maxing troops and spells and I've only just bought them and the upgrade just finished today lol.

It also depends on whether you war or farm etc... If you're ever in war it's important. Not as much if you only ever farm though since without xbows you wouldn't win as many defences and lose a lot of loot.

IGN: Pekka Master | TH10 | LEVEL 135 | LEADER OF EL!TE WARR!ORS| BK 30 AQ 30 |
    MY FULL STATS HERE
    Looking for a clan? See my recruitment thread here
    Avatar by DragonX101, Signature by Planck

Trainee
    I'll get the x-bows, but where should I move my clan castle to replace my xbow? That's the only struggle I have right now.

Wizard Tower and Xbows have (at TH9 max) about the same war weight.
    If you want to keep your weight as low as possible, you could build the xbow and omit the wizard tower

Trainee
    Alright thanks I'll get the second X-Bow. Just a struggle finding out where to place it, I need to find a better place to find to place my clan castle. Someone told me to put both X-Bows' where they both each have control of half the base. I know where to put my first, I want to put my second where my clan castle is. Any ideas where I could put my clan castle?

Btw I just realised that it's hard to tell from the image what the two upgrading buildings are... I'm not sure if you mentioned if they were both indeed xbows.

What I meant was to put the clan castle where your TH is right now in the image. I think that it must be right there in the centre as judging from your image, that is the only way it can be unlureable (as much as is realistically possible). My point was to place it so it cannot be lured by any troop and an attacker would be forced to face the cc troops. As long as you place it in such a place where this is possible then it would be in the right place. Like I said, from your picture this seems to me to be in the very centre of your base.

Now for the xbows, my suggestion is to put them in the following way.

1. Place one where the clan castle is in the image
    2. Place the second where the barb king is in the image.

Unfortunately, where I am stuck is where to place your TH. It should definitely be in the central compartment, the best advice I can give you is to see what you can remove to make space. Maybe put it where the middle wiz tower is and also remove the spring traps and find a different place to put these and the barb king.

Good luck

IGN: Pekka Master | TH10 | LEVEL 135 | LEADER OF EL!TE WARR!ORS| BK 30 AQ 30 |
    MY FULL STATS HERE
    Looking for a clan? See my recruitment thread here
    Avatar by DragonX101, Signature by Planck