Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mystery derby frustrations

mystery derby frustrations

ok, let me start by saying that i actually like the mystery derby.. i like that u dont have to wait around for a task.. there are always 400s on the board. and i like the element of surprise. the regular derbies were getting a bit boring...

however.... many people in my hood are frustrated because they have gotten the same long, time consuming tasks 2 or 3 times in a row. for example.. one person in my hood got 2 goat milk tasks in a row and another got 2 wool tasks in a row. another person has now done 3 tomato tasks in a row!!! this is just pure torture! another hoodie got 3 fishing tasks in a row.

supercell.. please.. this needs to be fixed. im sure other hoods are having similar issues. i understand that it is supposed to be random but theres gotta be a way to fix it so u dont get the same time consuming task 2 or 3 times in a row.

UPDATE.. she has now gotten 4 fishing tasks in a row!! how is that fair??
    Last edited by Angelina0165; February 24th, 2018 at 07:23 PM.
    Leader of "Canadian Hood". (97 gold trophies!)
    Neighborhood tag #2j92yj88
    Farm Level 150
    kik: angelina0165

Oh yeah. We had the same EXACT thing. We were actually really excited when we saw it was going to be a Mystery Derby. I think next time we'll be regretfully opting out.

I'm also very frustrated by this mystery derby. I was also looking forward to it, until my 3rd fishing task showed up.

I was already out of reserve bait from the 1st and 2nd fishing task, and the 3rd one ate up all my gold and purple vouchers.

I pushed through, and managed to get it done, only to find a 4th fishing task waiting on me.....

when this task is finished, I will have caught nearly 400lbs of fish this week, and may or may not have time for 2 more tasks.

If I select another Mystery task and get fishing again, there is no way I can complete 9 tasks this week. And even that 8th will be cutting it close. It takes way too long to cook bait to go fishing this often.

I came here to say much the same thing.

I've had two people in my hood get two x mine 97 ore tasks in a row. One of them is now on their third mining task.

I don't know if the rest of my hood have enjoyed this derby as they're a very quiet bunch on the whole, but one of them has been stuck doing feed and collection tasks, and I'd be bored if that was me.

(I haven't asked how my hood has found this derby yet because frankly I'm really annoyed at them for not playing as a team this week, but haven't decided how to address that yet. If they want to play mystery derby again they'll have to do it without me!)

I actually feel that this mystery derby was easier for me compared to the first one. Yep, I got multiple fishing tasks again (last MD I got 4 fishing tasks plus an angler basket, only 2 fishing tasks this week), but this time around I was prepared with lures (I had about 70 of them ready, and was constantly making more).
    I feel like MD challenges me, pushes me to do some tasks I would otherwise ignore. Also, I felt more prepared this time: no machines loaded when itís time to take the task, some strawberries waiting to be harvested, lobsters and feathers in stock, town at max capacity. For the non-daily players, this derby can be quite difficult - one of my hoodies was lucky the last time (all help and trucks tasks), but this week she got stuck with different production tasks. Given that she doesnít play very often, I doubt sheíll be able to finish her 9 tasks. Luckily we arenít that demanding or crazy about placing
    Last edited by Rackoo; February 24th, 2018 at 05:59 PM.
    Farm level 111/ Rep level 33/ PM me for the farm tag
    Time can be rewritten

yes i feel the mystery derby was easy for me this week... lots of townie tasks.. truck.. help.. mining. but like i said, for some of my other hoodies it has been very frustrating. i feel like it mostly comes down to luck on what tasks u get. it helps to be prepared, yes, with lots of lures, no machines loaded, etc. but that only helps so much. if u get 4 fishing tasks in a row, for example.. it doesnt matter how many lures u had prepared.. youre gonna run out.
    like i said, i do like the mystery derby... it does push u to do tasks u wouldnt normally do.. and i like the surprise. all im saying is they need to tweak it a little so people arent getting the same horrible task 3 or 4 times in a row
    Last edited by Angelina0165; February 24th, 2018 at 07:22 PM.
    Leader of "Canadian Hood". (97 gold trophies!)
    Neighborhood tag #2j92yj88
    Farm Level 150
    kik: angelina0165

Forum Superstar
    Argh, that sounds bad!

One of my hoodie got a task for 9 dancers.
    She has a completely unupgraded personal train.

Another hoodie got... I think boats and a few help tasks that I remember.
    The 4th opted in person has not been doing mystery tasks.
    Level 100 reached 21/7/2019 -Town Reputation level 22
    Farm ID #298YQQ2QU
    ALL Sanctuary animals! - Permits: 56/Approximately a million
    Started September 2014! - Probably the slowest ever consistent player
    Mini farm started on April 24th, 2018! ~Level 63/Rep 16~

Pro Member
    A very good and fun Derby this Mystery Derby .
    Ok I hade one player that got 2 goat milk task in row she was not to happy , And a few other players got very hard task ,
    But how do they say ? is it pefact prepare prevent paninful performance ?
    So it look like all the 16 players opt-in will do all their tasks all 400 points ,

But the mystery dery most be very hard for low level players that dont have got the same resources as my 'oldtimers " have ,

Banned
    I had many frustrated too. And 3 opting out this week now as they said it wasn’t fun or it turned them off I guess.

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kend12 View Post
    I had many frustrated too. And 3 opting out this week now as they said it wasn’t fun or it turned them off I guess.
    They don't have to opt out this week if they don't like the Mystery Derby - this next Derby will not be one! From what I can see in the Derby stand and the 7th page of explanation, this will be a regular Derby. (I am in no way part of Team Hay Day so if something changes please don't scream at me )
    Level 100 reached 21/7/2019 -Town Reputation level 22
    Farm ID #298YQQ2QU
    ALL Sanctuary animals! - Permits: 56/Approximately a million
    Started September 2014! - Probably the slowest ever consistent player
    Mini farm started on April 24th, 2018! ~Level 63/Rep 16~