Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Should the rep system be changed?

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by SamirMishra View Post
    But as you said, that you eventually get Underserved Negative reps, Why are you even getting then? If you do not question the situation at that time, There's likely we would see some of the Members Negative repping Posts for tiny reasons or for no particular reasons.
    Perhaps, but Iím on mobile and donít often see it anyway. I guess itís more just me not worrying too much about it. Also thereís no hard and fast rule about what you can neg rep for - I know someone got a neg rep because their font was blue. It was raised to a mod who said the rep should stand.

I do get some that I deem undeserved but maybe others donít. For instance that thread a couple of days ago where you came to my rescue when I was wrongly said to be disrespecting Indian folk got me a red line.

So yeah, maybe it happens and the recipient can deem it unworthy but then itís down to a modís decision. And I donít think itís a widespread issue, maybe once here and there (based on my own personal experience).

2.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo0305 View Post
    It many times happens with me....

If I give someone a negative reputation then he gives me back!

That's why I agree what Mrlk says....

or we should have a system like that in which if we are giving a neg rep then we have to write the reason!
    I'd like to know your opinions about it!
    We do have a system where you have to give a reason for a neg rep.

And if somebody gives you neg rep back, then you should report it, as that is not a valid use of the system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo0305 View Post

If I give someone a negative reputation then he gives me back!
    Yes, Same with me.

And for no reason

Signature made by me !

Need a Signature? Click here.

I think of rep as just a little token of appreciation. While rep is nice, I'd be fine if it was removed altogether, as it doesn't really mean anything. Negative Rep may be annoying, but you'll get it back if it's for no reason like you've stated
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterofSwag13 View Post
    You idiots the earth is flat because science

365 days for He, 366 days for She and 1 day for We. Know what I mean?
    I don't think negative reps gets handed like sweets. Dominance of Green bar is a proof of it. Negative reps are very rare, IMO, since whether one feels deserving or not, most likely reports it. And nobody would prefer getting reported with such ease for obvious reason.

I dunno about you, but in case you're been at receiving end, more often than not, then I suggest changing the tone of your posts for mostly it's the tone of the post, IMO, then the point in it is the reason one gets negative reps. Still, if you feel something is wrong then consider asking Mods, or Forumers likes OnyX, Tiler to help you. These are some people here who literally carries solution to every forum related issues in their wallets, chest pockets etc.
    Last edited by Sammydict; February 13th, 2018 at 05:16 PM.
    "...and the fairy tale continues", Roger Federer on the 20th Grand Slam

To read how a romantic night turned horrific click on the Doorbell
    SigPic Courtesy: DragonX101

I think its fine as it is. I, arguably am harsh with my reputation but on the same level I judge posts on a standard that I think the forums should be on, and the bar isnt set high in the first place.

Regular sig made by ME! Want one? Visit my shop!
    Meet me in OT or FG!
    It is pronounced BAKE-US, not BACK-US. Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by N1NJ4W4RR10R
    Myst is coaching, myst is playing. Myst must be maf. VTL myst

I agree completely. I don't understand downvoting someone for disliking their sentiment UNLESS it is due to excessive prejudice. I don't downvote those that downvote me even though I think their comment was much worse than my own. All this talk about negative posts is kind of weird since we can all disagree with each other. If you think my tone is off just let me know in a follow up message. It isn't that hard to be an adult about all of this.

The forums would be more toxic without the reputation system. Reporting of posts are for major things. Negative votes are more for just being rude, toxic, etc. as opposed to something really big. Clearly, they are not just for disagreeing with the position of the person and negative reputation votes are not regularly given inappropriately like that. It happens, but not all that often. More often, if you look at the post that was down voted, you can find something in there that was a bit toxic and not needed. Take a look at the posts and see if the same point could have been made without an extra comment or two that the person thought was rude. If there is something like that, well that is what the reputation system helps to reduce. If there was nothing like that, well then that was just someone not using the system appropriately. Most likely, you will also get up votes often enough to keep the reputation positive. If someone gets so many down votes and so few up votes that their reputation is negative (other than if they just started and haven’t had time to get many up votes) then I am confident it almost always is because of how the person posts.
    Th11 here, several other accounts th8-10. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Some tips/thoughts on Legends here. Engineers aren't the problem, they are the symptom of a problematic matchmaker. My Legends hope: Legends2 5000-5999, Legends1 6000+ PvP with no loot or create a new 3rd trophy ladder for PvP (so no PvP in Legends) again with no loot, but then still Legends1 starting at 6000 cups, reset is 6000 not 5000. Contact SC here

Yes I think it should be changed for many reasons:

1) I have seen positive reputation given for "ordinary" comments. Comments that are underwhelming to me for some reason attract multiple upvotes from others. Seems like possibly some abuse from forum users. Whether its their friends in real life, or just fanboys/fangirls, I have no idea. I have not reported this as it seems like it would just be a blind accusation without proof, and honestly think it would be a waste of mods time. This is not something I have noticed recently, but when i was somewhat newer, as I explored how reputation worked and would visit others profiles. I don't waste my time with that anymore, but if I had to guess, I would say it still happens.

2) It is indeed risky to give negative reputation to anyone who has ever given you negative reputation. If done right away, it may just seem like targeted revenge. Targeted manipulation of the revenge system is against TOS.

3) any type of negative reputation given will result in hurt feelings. better to just ignore the offending comment and move on.

4) if you give negative reputation which gets reported by the person who received it, and if a mod agrees that it was unwarranted for any reason, it is very possible that you could receive an infraction. so it is safer to just not give negative reputation at all.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a more comprehensive guide to reputation. Some may not have seen this:

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...UM-RULES/page3
    Last edited by ClasherYukon; February 14th, 2018 at 03:32 PM.
    I finally figured out how to edit my signature. You DON'T click on "my profile." Just click on settings. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by ClasherYukon View Post
    Yes I think it should be changed for many reasons:

1) I have seen positive reputation given for "ordinary" comments. Comments that are underwhelming to me for some reason attract multiple upvotes from others. Seems like possibly some abuse from forum users. Whether its their friends in real life, or just fanboys/fangirls, I have no idea. I have not reported this as it seems like it would just be a blind accusation without proof, and honestly think it would be a waste of mods time. This is not something I have noticed recently, but when i was somewhat newer, as I explored how reputation worked and would visit others profiles. I don't waste my time with that anymore, but if I had to guess, I would say it still happens.
    I'm sure some people upvote their friends, although the mechanics of "must spread reputation around before..." rather limits it to trivial amounts. And mods can see who had upvoted who - if you think someone is getting pointless rep repeatedly there's no harm PMing a moderator to point it out and they can look. They have reset people's rep down to zero for this.

2) It is indeed risky to give negative reputation to anyone who has ever given you negative reputation. If done right away, it may just seem like targeted revenge. Targeted manipulation of the revenge system is against TOS.

3) any type of negative reputation given will result in hurt feelings. better to just ignore the offending comment and move on.
    It depends what the person is doing - in some cases it's better to try and get them to desist. The last 2 I downvoted were both people who joined anyone-can-join clans and turned up on here asking for SC to demote their "inactive" leader. They thought it would be a jolly good idea to take over some dead level 10 clan rather than create their own. Hurt feelings are entirely appropriate sometimes IMO.

4) if you give negative reputation which gets reported by the person who received it, and if a mod agrees that it was unwarranted for any reason, it is very possible that you could receive an infraction. so it is safer to just not give negative reputation at all.
    I think it's really doubtful you'll get an infraction for a downvote other than a revenge one, unless you've left a really nasty comment with it - in which case it deserves it under forum rules anyway. I've seen mods refuse to remove downvotes they don't agree with, let alone infract the sender.

As a general comment - I've seen a few people in the past complain they get "random" downvotes. And in every case when I've looked at their post that got downvoted it's seemed pretty obvious why it got downvoted. That's not to say I would have downvoted it necessarily, but nearly always the tone was quite combative and/or rude and it's pretty obvious why someone reacted badly to it; and that the post could have been more politely phrased, almost certainly avoiding downvotes.
    Forum cup organiser. The forum cup discord server is: https://discord.gg/KEUxV2e