Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Should the rep system be changed?

It won't allow you to give negative rep without a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Dharmaraj View Post
    Yes, Same with me.

And for no reason

Signature Banner from ClashofHolmes
    Stormy Knights Leader
    Join Stormy Knights
    Player Tag: ​#20RRP9UQ8

I have had some negative rep but it's been a long time. I've never had a revenge negative rep but if I did, I would report it. Rules say it won't be tolerated. I don't know what that means but maybe Ajax can tell us more.

Signature Banner from ClashofHolmes
    Stormy Knights Leader
    Join Stormy Knights
    Player Tag: ​#20RRP9UQ8

Negative reputation is definitely a touchy subject for some. I've already mentioned my own experience after giving negative reputation so I won't get into that.

As far as my own receipt of negative reputation? Brought out some paranoia I guess. After having never received negative reputation I received 4 downvotes in a matter of days. Seemed to me I was being targeted by what I guessed was a clique of friends. I reported it obviously, but it was likely just paranoia on my own part.

Like I've said before: negative reputation results in hurt feelings. Don't do it.
    I finally figured out how to edit my signature. You DON'T click on "my profile." Just click on settings. Weird.

Forum All-Star
    I'm going to report all the positive reputation I've received because let's be honest, I don't deserve any of it.

365 days for He, 366 days for She and 1 day for We. Know what I mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by BlindHaze View Post
    I'm going to report all the positive reputation I've received because let's be honest, I don't deserve any of it.
    Those haven't been given because of What you think.
    Last edited by Sammydict; February 18th, 2018 at 05:09 AM.
    "...and the fairy tale continues", Roger Federer on the 20th Grand Slam

To read how a romantic night turned horrific click on the Doorbell
    SigPic Courtesy: DragonX101

Quote Originally Posted by BlindHaze View Post
    How about I just give a few negatives to balance it out?
    We Are All Witness.

Forum Elder
    There was a time when I used to ask a mod to take a look, every time I received a negative rep. Hoping to revert it so that I can maintain my online reputation in a positive way.
    And then one day, I lost everything I gained just coz of some reps (10-15) I gave away to friends, and I received some (10-15) undeserved positive ones from friends.

That day, it made me feel so bad, I decided not to visit Forums anymore.
    But, one of my very good friend here told me.
    " You receive reps from someone you don't even know, when you are doing something good, continue doing it. What matters is self happiness and satisfaction about helping others by being a good forumer and posting a quality post"

That changed my mind completely from care for reps to don't care about reps.
    That day I disabled rep from my profile and till date it's still disabled. I've received a couple of negative rep just coz I spoke against others opinion (disagreement), but I didn't even report it to a mod. And I didn't even care to look at who gave me a negative rep. I've gained half of the reps I've lost in a span of 2 months ( obviously not given by friends).
    Life gets easier when you stop caring about every single thing you come across on the internet..
    Good luck.
    Last edited by Lady Maverick; February 18th, 2018 at 07:40 AM.

Banned
    Yep, I agree