Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 44

Thread: Open Letter to Super Cell regarding war matching

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    296

    Open Letter to Super Cell regarding war matching

    Dear Super Cell: Add my voice to the list of long time players that are tired of the imbalance in the war matching algorithm. As a player with CWL experience and a max TH 10 account with 40/40 heros and a battle tested base, as just one of my 4 accounts, i want to make you aware of the following. Since the Xmas update, the problem with fair play clans vs. engineered clans went from BAD TO WORST. Example, in my last war my Max 10 was sitting in the 5th position in a 25 v. 25. I was attacked in war and 3 starred by our enginneered opponents number 23 base! An engineered TH 11 sitting in the 23th position!!!! What makes it more unreal was that both his AQ AND BK were down. Upgrading. His TH 11 base in the 23rd position with only a level 5 GW TOOK DOWN A FULLY MAX TH 10 WITH A QUAD LOON ATTACK!!!!!!! Do you not see a problem with that??? So, either they are modding or there is something drastically wrong with the algorithm especially since the last update. The problem is this, long time players are leaving the game. They're frustrated by the fact that all the hard work and money (yes, fair play clans purchase gems too) that they put into their bases goes for naught based on the advantage that engineered bases clearly have. Instead of the usual party line that we are working on it, can you perhaps just be honest with us and tell us that you're not working on it and that this is a business decision that you've made to allow this. At least at that point, those of us who are still fair play can make a decision as to whether we should begin engineering our bases to remain competitive or whether we should just pack it in like so many of our friends have and call it a career. If anyone from SC is interested I have the pictures from the attack I referenced above. I'm guessing not though!

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    375
    I don't really care how they do matchmaking at this point but they need to give us some information, any information about the direction they are moving towards. It really is frustrating to have no idea what our clan should be doing to get more fair matchups.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Crash321's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    361
    I love people complaining about engineering as i have never had and engineered opponent's thus never cared about who they are and what they do.
    Last edited by Crash321; February 11th, 2018 at 08:33 PM.
    Clashing at Adult Empire

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    375
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash321 View Post
    I love people complaining about engineering as i have never had and engineered opponent's thus never cared about who they are and what they do.
    Great story.

  5. #5
    Forum Elder
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Parking lot of Grateful Dead show
    Posts
    2,124
    Quote Originally Posted by fifaworld2 View Post
    I don't really care how they do matchmaking at this point but they need to give us some information, any information about the direction they are moving towards. It really is frustrating to have no idea what our clan should be doing to get more fair matchups.
    6 months ago, SC clearly stated they are attempting to reduce the advantage that engineering provides. They specifically stated they are attempting to make small changes. Most of us saw some changes.

    Within the last week or so, Darian stated that they will have a change for wars this year.

    There is also a wealth of player posts (Tank’s FAQ, plus numerous other thoughts and experiences).

    If if you don’t have an idea of how to get fair matchups, start there.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    375
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripple1972 View Post
    6 months ago, SC clearly stated they are attempting to reduce the advantage that engineering provides. They specifically stated they are attempting to make small changes. Most of us saw some changes.

    Within the last week or so, Darian stated that they will have a change for wars this year.

    There is also a wealth of player posts (Tank’s FAQ, plus numerous other thoughts and experiences).

    If if you don’t have an idea of how to get fair matchups, start there.
    We have seen more engineering in the last few months with a no engineering clan. I've read all of it... we do all of those things. I check all bases including hero levels and still 1 out of every 2 wars we start with a pretty severe disadvantage. Last couple of wars we have seen less engineers but are usually down at least an eagle or two.
    Last edited by fifaworld2; February 11th, 2018 at 09:01 PM.

  7. #7
    Warriors are OP
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    NE England, UK.
    Posts
    887
    Quote Originally Posted by HowDiWAB View Post
    Dear Super Cell: Add my voice to the list of long time players that are tired of the imbalance in the war matching algorithm. As a player with CWL experience and a max TH 10 account with 40/40 heros and a battle tested base, as just one of my 4 accounts, i want to make you aware of the following. Since the Xmas update, the problem with fair play clans vs. engineered clans went from BAD TO WORST. Example, in my last war my Max 10 was sitting in the 5th position in a 25 v. 25. I was attacked in war and 3 starred by our enginneered opponents number 23 base! An engineered TH 11 sitting in the 23th position!!!! What makes it more unreal was that both his AQ AND BK were down. Upgrading. His TH 11 base in the 23rd position with only a level 5 GW TOOK DOWN A FULLY MAX TH 10 WITH A QUAD LOON ATTACK!!!!!!! Do you not see a problem with that??? So, either they are modding or there is something drastically wrong with the algorithm especially since the last update. The problem is this, long time players are leaving the game. They're frustrated by the fact that all the hard work and money (yes, fair play clans purchase gems too) that they put into their bases goes for naught based on the advantage that engineered bases clearly have. Instead of the usual party line that we are working on it, can you perhaps just be honest with us and tell us that you're not working on it and that this is a business decision that you've made to allow this. At least at that point, those of us who are still fair play can make a decision as to whether we should begin engineering our bases to remain competitive or whether we should just pack it in like so many of our friends have and call it a career. If anyone from SC is interested I have the pictures from the attack I referenced above. I'm guessing not though!
    This sure proves one thing. Not all engineers are bad attackers. He must have got it spot on, to wipe a fully maxed 10, and a league base to boot. A guy with max loon and level 8 warden had a 1 star fail in our last war, against a mid level 10. He didn't try again.

    Sure, it may be frustrating for people that such a powerful attacker sits so low, but of course the map is listed by defensive strength. Flip the mind set, and you would be thinking, what a terrible base. Sure, these severely offensively lop sided bases can drastically alter the outcome of the war, but the scale of the balance needs to be taken into account. Your max 10 is number 5, so there are big bases, above yours, in a 25v war. That guys attack may have had a negative impact on you personally, but may not have had such an overall impact on the final outcome. An attack on the lower top end isn't usually, in our experience, the one that clinches, or loses the war. Just my opinion.

    Fair play clan, another term introduced by maxer type clans, to further alienate anyone that chooses to optimise their war account. SC say they are working on it.. people say its got worse.. that must mean something has changed.. that being the case, they will try again. Of course its a business to them, but the longer term future of the game relies on keeping the masses happy, so why would they just blanket response?.

    . People will, and should, be able to choose how they play, if it gives too big an advantage, then the programmers will reel them in. If people choose to risk attempting to hit higher up the roster, through their build, then the risk is theirs, or rather their clans, as his base is presenting a gift of a 3 star to the opposition

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Brexit Island
    Posts
    5,559
    Quote Originally Posted by HowDiWAB View Post
    .. As a player with CWL experience and a max TH 10 account with 40/40 heros and a battle tested base, .... I was attacked in war and 3 starred by our enginneered opponents number 23 base!... What makes it more unreal was that both his AQ AND BK were down. Upgrading. His TH 11 base in the 23rd position with only a level 5 GW TOOK DOWN A FULLY MAX TH 10 WITH A QUAD LOON ATTACK!
    Well, that sounds like a base design problem. That lava spam is effective against TH10s, but a strong TH10 also has a decent chance of defending it if they use an appropriate base. But when you talk about battle-tested, are you talking about in CWL or against CWL attackers? Because some of those bases are awful in random spin wars. We get burnt bases from a few CWL clans to use, and although I usually let my players do their own thing with bases some of them were so weak that I had to intervene and tell people to change them again - in particular because they were utterly useless against lavaspam.

    If you use a base configured against certain types of attacks (CWL meta) against an opponent who is using very different methods it will struggle.

    Instead of the usual party line that we are working on it, can you perhaps just be honest with us and tell us that you're not working on it and that this is a business decision that you've made to allow this.
    Do you really think they're not working on it? You've not noticed anything different? I know it's not traditional to bring data into a rant, but here goes... This chart is from an analysis of the top 100 clans with the highest best win streak from ClashOfStats. All these best streaks are 100+, and I would imagine the vast majority were either engineered or modding (the very top ones are all engineered) The chart shows the month in which the win streak ended, due to it breaking, or the clan retiring. But the number is expressed as a percentage of the number of clans remaining up to that point:



    Notice any difference from about July 2017 onwards when SC started fiddling with the MM? There are just 3 clans of the top 100 longest streaks whose streak is unbroken and unretired (and a 4th maybe only on a short pause)

    And some questions for you:
    - How many of your TH10s had >70 combined heroes? How many with 80?
    - How many of your TH10s had max guns?
    - How many of your TH10s had max walls?
    Last edited by OnyxDS; February 11th, 2018 at 09:48 PM.
    Forum cup organiser. The forum cup discord server is: https://discord.gg/KEUxV2e

  9. #9
    Forum Elder TankSinatra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,882
    Interesting stuff Onyx. For the OP, you won't get SC to respond to a forum post its just us players here. Consider putting up your tag though so we can see the issue.
    Level 10 Adult War Clan METAMUCIL.
    And some of us are old enough that its not just a funny word...
    Metamucil keeps the red out of our logs. Small wars, lot of green.
    War Record - https://cocp.it/clan/82GJJV2J

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by TankSinatra View Post
    Interesting stuff Onyx. For the OP, you won't get SC to respond to a forum post its just us players here. Consider putting up your tag though so we can see the issue.
    OPís previous posts led me to his clan websites. If his maxed TH 10 that he refering to is a base of the leader then thereís no doubt that the base should be 3 stared because itís just a th10 with no inferno. Opís clan has few engineer bases in his lineup along with many .5s (data from cocp.it), and thatís might be the reason why his clan matched with engineers.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •