Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Open Letter to Super Cell regarding war matching

Yikes, might as well Godwin the thread.
    It's always the closet engineers that are the most bitter. Trying to maintain a righteous pose while doing exactly what they claim to hate, lashing out at anyone that points out the obvious.

Forum Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by HowDiWAB View Post
    Viking...I just had a dissertation written out in response to your last comment but perhaps thankfully for all of us...I lost my internet connection and lost the post before I could post it. Since I'm not interested in trying to recreate it..let's leave it at this...
    First, I never accused engineers of being in violation of TOS. We both know they are simply exploiting a weakness in the program... or not....if this is a purposeful decision by SC despite their many assurances that it is not..and that they are working on it.
    Second, you know as well that .5 we're a response to this problem. People started to delay dropping Xbows, ITs and eagles because of the war weight they added in response to unfavorable match ups they were getting. I remember when I started playing. Everyone was diligent in leveling their offensive and defensive capabilities.

So, rather than going round and round as you say, let's leave it at this:

I believe that I am representative of the casual to semi serious players that SC would be targeting it's product too. In an age and income range that most companies target for growth and sustained business.

People like me who have played this game for 3 or more years are frustrated and leaving the game over this issue.
    You can be an apologist for SC all you want and tell me I'm wrong or that they are working on it but I'm telling you that in the trenches this is a major issue and they are losing customers over it. If my perception is wrong so be it. But based on what I see on this forum, I don't believe it is.

I am simply trying to lend the common man's voice to this...not the techno weenies... not the 1% diehards at the top of the game...the average every day Joe who is tired of seeing friends leaving the game over this continuing issue.

So, perhaps our own ME TOO campaign will shed further insite into the number of people who feel the same way.
    SO I INVITE ANY OF YOU READING THIS FOR THE FIRST TIME OR FOLLOWING THIS THREAD TO SIMPLY REPLY TO IT WITH A ME TOO IF YOU CONTINUE TO BE FRUSTRATED BY THIS SITUATION.

Until it's shut down of course but then that only supports the conspiracy theorists that this is purposeful conduct by SC.
    again, Its like you talking past me. my point is that your talking like supercell isnt adresssing the issue, which they are. The real discussion is how well are they doing, and could they be doing better, many of us feel they have made some progress, but are far from the mark in terms of getting it right (allthough some progress clearly has happened).

i think you actually agree with that statement?

Lets not get into the xbows and infenoes not being dropped to avoid disadvantage, where as engineers only engineer for advantage, as Its a discussion that come to ... ZERO

Everyone (almost) agreees engeering need to be solved in the sense that as many wars as possible need to be close and competitive, most of us agree i think supercell is at least 40% of the way there, and many are excited (some nervous) to see the big change coming this year to clan wars.
    Clan - Highland chiefs, Highlandchiefs2, highlandrebels, CWSF xp grabbibg
    Accounts - 5 th12, 11 th11s. Fixing matchmaker :https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...-and-onyzng%21 : how to migrate to supercell ID :https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...cell-ID-Thread

Viking..thank you for your response..some of our responses are crossing. Therein lies some of the confusion. .5 debate...agreed no need to rehash it..I would point out I never heard or thought about .5 until it made it's way to the common folk that it was a way of dealing with the uneven balancing. I am not a person who has followed the forum for the years I've been playing. So developments that may seem like old news to forum regulars takes time to filter down to the everyday guy. I will continue to watch the developments. I appreciate your Insight and the fact that you are willing to acknowledge that a problem still exists unlike Mr. Sinatra who would just rather nerf (Godwin I believe is the elitist term he used) any continuing discussions on the matter.

.......me too

Forum Champion
    Viking..thank you for your response..some of our responses are crossing. Therein lies some of the confusion. .5 debate...agreed no need to rehash it..I would point out I never heard or thought about .5 until it made it's way to the common folk that it was a way of dealing with the uneven balancing. I am not a person who has followed the forum for the years I've been playing. So developments that may seem like old news to forum regulars takes time to filter down to the everyday guy. I will continue to watch the developments. I appreciate your Insight and the fact that you are willing to acknowledge that a problem still exists unlike Mr. Sinatra who would just rather nerf (Godwin I believe is the elitist term he used) any continuing discussions on the matter.
    are you aware of darians comments regarding significant changes to how wars work this year? Thats on top of the engineer to engineer type matching they have already implemented.

for me the times clearly are a changing as they say, not saying Its going to work, but seams something fairly significant is on the way.
    Last edited by Vikingchief; February 12th, 2018 at 04:32 PM.
    Clan - Highland chiefs, Highlandchiefs2, highlandrebels, CWSF xp grabbibg
    Accounts - 5 th12, 11 th11s. Fixing matchmaker :https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...-and-onyzng%21 : how to migrate to supercell ID :https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...cell-ID-Thread

unlike Mr. Sinatra who would just rather nerf (Godwin I believe is the elitist term he used) any continuing discussions on the matter.
    No, I'm pointing out how tone deaf it is to link matching problems within a video game to the #metoo movement. Seriously anyone that thinks that's a good idea isn't thinking clearly.
    It's always the closet engineers that are the most bitter. Trying to maintain a righteous pose while doing exactly what they claim to hate, lashing out at anyone that points out the obvious.

I would point out I never heard or thought about .5 until it made it's way to the common folk that it was a way of dealing with the uneven balancing. I am not a person who has followed the forum for the years I've been playing. So developments that may seem like old news to forum regulars takes time to filter down to the everyday guy.
    This will forever be the aftermath of engineering. Someone, somewhere will stubble on wrong outdated info. They’ll build their accounts based on that info hoping it helps. The end product is an account build that is outdated and a disgruntled player upset over the lost time. It’s bad all the way around. They delayed fixing the problem for too long. Their precious casual fan base will be the ones paying for it.

Nearly all our accounts are max, or near max for level. We eliminated 0.5 bases long ago and run a tight 9-11 roster 25v25 with 3-4 TH 11, 6-8 TH10 and the balance TH9. Our lowest TH9 has mid 20 heroes. Previously our top TH10 bases had consistently drawn high level TH11 bases back when the warden and EA were weightless. While we are matching some clans engineering their bases and rosters it is no where near the problem it once was. Far more of our random spins have been excellent matches looking more like league matches than what we had come to expect. For the most part we have been able to overcome the 1-2 base advantage at TH10&11 in these wars and no longer dread random spins. As our win streak increases we see more sophisticated teams running engineered line ups making full use of power potion.

From our limited perspective giant gains have been made in match making and we as a clan couldn’t be happier. After the silliness we use to face we will gladly take 5 balanced matches for a occasional mis-match every day.

Richard | Rogue Elite (#8200L0UJ) | TH 12 | Level 217
    L150 Heroes PB5733
    Boom Beach HQ 22 L 65

I run .5s, perhaps I like a little roster engineering, but get annoyed when I am out engineered and my base gets spammed because I am a CWL player it should not be allowed to happen to me sorry mate, doesn't read very well when I sift out the facts from the noise.

(small print: I am not a CWL player, I don't have .5 anymore in my line up, I don't roster engineer, and guess what? I get mostly similar playing style matches - at least until I get to a win streak of 4 or 5, then I meet engineering clans until I lose ...)

I feel the pain of anyone struggling under this current MM...

Quote Originally Posted by OnyxDS View Post
    Of course some retirements might be enforced by SC, due to what we might call "the Blombardo effect" of SC refusing to match them after weeks of searching.
    I would have clicked the reputation on your post but apparently I need to spread some rep around before I give you more lol...

I should say - its been months now.. I keep restarting searches in a couple of our clans / now including a burner that I dont even look at half the time and if it does miraculously get a war match I probably wont even notice till its over 3 days later... the benefit of having had SO MANY players quit across a FEW clans means we can spin various types of wars to try to get a match... any match... but no dice...

Cant get one...

-I'm hopeful that someday that will change; or somewhere I'll find a roadmap on 'how to get a war again' posted someplace... maybe I can then coax some of our old members out of retirement who have long ago given up on this game and moved on...

Hopeful that supercell does 'fix' it in some way that allows everyone to go to war again... its been really rough these past few months just trying to play at all...

Pretty rough when all a player wants to do is war -- and they can't... and the developers wont explain how to fix it or how to get wars anymore... Heck I dont even want a fair war at this point.. out match me... lol just gimme something...

Website- Clan Recruitment - War Weight - Suggested Upgrade Paths
    NightmareGuild2 #YRY2YRQ2 - FWA wars
    www.Discord.me/Nightmare
    Aged Greatness2 #8VJ9UJC8 -Regular War
    www.discord.me/AG2