Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Open Letter to Super Cell regarding war matching

Centennial Club
    Great work Onyx. If I understand your graph correctly, nearly 70% of wins streak outstanding at the beginning of Aug17 got killed by the end of Oct17. That August 2017 update ended a huge # of wins streak, mostly at the expense of engineered clans. Perhaps that is why cocp.it created a new leaderboard starting Aug 25, 2017.

% ws killed Clans
    remain (as %)
    Aug-17 27% 73
    Sep-17 41% 43
    Oct-17 31% 30

Quote Originally Posted by crawfish View Post
    OP’s previous posts led me to his clan websites. If his maxed TH 10 that he refering to is a base of the leader then there’s no doubt that the base should be 3 stared because it’s just a th10 with no inferno. Op’s clan has few engineer bases in his lineup along with many .5s (data from cocp.it), and that’s might be the reason why his clan matched with engineers.
    Ah ok, standard thread then.
    It's always the closet engineers that are the most bitter. Trying to maintain a righteous pose while doing exactly what they claim to hate, lashing out at anyone that points out the obvious.

Good info Onyx.
    It's also interesting to note, that quite a few clans in the top 20, still with unbroken 150+ win streaks, seemed to have stopped warring within the last couple of months.... I wonder why?!?

Clan Name : SOUTH WEST 45, Clan Tag : #90LP2PL. Highest Win Streak 12!
    Clan Details : Established 2012! Adult, English speaking International Level 13 War Clan (twice a week). Recruitment Thread : https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...10-s-to-TH12-s My Spec : TH11, 50-50-20.

Quote Originally Posted by Skrags View Post
    Good info Onyx.
    It's also interesting to note, that quite a few clans in the top 20, still with unbroken 150+ win streaks, seemed to have stopped warring within the last couple of months.... I wonder why?!?

Great catch...didn't realize that.
    Playing since December 2012
    Accounts:
    JFSoul; Colin's Fury; JS Navy; 5 TH10/9s
    "The two most powerful warriors are patience and time." Leo Tolstoy

No Crawfish...the leader account was not the account I was referring too. That's a relatively new 10 with no ITs and mid TH level heros. The account I was referring too is as I said...FULLY maxed TH 10. The account that you are referring to with the matching name normally sits in the 10th position in war match ups. Not the 5th. And yes, while we may have have 2 or 3 .5s and 1 rush/engineered in our clan. The engineered base doesn't war at all since we are fair play and we try to rotate the .5s as recommend to avoid these engineered Clans. The overall purpose of my post wasn't to debate with you guys or for you to convince me that I must be mistaken....it was to put out for SC that I (and people like me) who have been playing this game for years...who are not children...are fortunate enough to spend money (which is tight for everyone these days) in pursuit of our hobby..have seen a big change for the negative in recent years. I see the clan level frustration everyday. I see people leaving the game. You can give me stats or charts, you can tell me that they are working on it...Im telling you...that they are losing proven long term players over this issue! Seems to me, that's reason in itself to realize that something is wrong.

Forum Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by HowDiWAB View Post
    No Crawfish...the leader account was not the account I was referring too. That's a relatively new 10 with no ITs and mid TH level heros. The account I was referring too is as I said...FULLY maxed TH 10. The account that you are referring to with the matching name normally sits in the 10th position in war match ups. Not the 5th. And yes, while we may have have 2 or 3 .5s and 1 rush/engineered in our clan. The engineered base doesn't war at all since we are fair play and we try to rotate the .5s as recommend to avoid these engineered Clans. The overall purpose of my post wasn't to debate with you guys or for you to convince me that I must be mistaken....it was to put out for SC that I (and people like me) who have been playing this game for years...who are not children...are fortunate enough to spend money (which is tight for everyone these days) in pursuit of our hobby..have seen a big change for the negative in recent years. I see the clan level frustration everyday. I see people leaving the game. You can give me stats or charts, you can tell me that they are working on it...Im telling you...that they are losing proven long term players over this issue! Seems to me, that's reason in itself to realize that something is wrong.
    you dont seam to be checking in with reality as you make your points.

1 supercell have said something is wrong (months ago now)
    2 they have said they are working on it
    3 the results of their efforts are clear to see (some data in this thread, and LOTs of in game evidence)
    4 they have said they will continue to work on it

its very hard to mesh your letter and posts into some meaningfull discussion, as they assume engineering is getting worse, and that supercell doesnt realise that the issue needs to be adressed.

supercell have done a lot on this issue already, and i think Its safe to say will do more.

a more meaningful discussion is could they be doing a better job, how do you know, and If so, what could they be doing? What should they focus on? Where do uneven wars come from now day? For example is it really a base sitting at no 23 with heroes sleeping that turns a war, or is it a handfull of 9.11 and 8.11 with Max heroes? Is it the clanwide offence to defence ratio? Is it lopsiding still or has manicured (selective upgrading) become the biggest differentiator.

You should probably also be carefull accusing engineers of not being FairPlay, that term is used by supercell for modders and other TOS breakers, and with you .5 accounts others could accuse you of not being fairplay, and round and round it could go.
    Last edited by Vikingchief; February 12th, 2018 at 12:52 PM.
    Clan - Highland chiefs, Highlandchiefs2, highlandrebels, CWSF xp grabbibg
    Accounts - 5 th12, 11 th11s. Fixing matchmaker :https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...-and-onyzng%21 : how to migrate to supercell ID :https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...cell-ID-Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Skrags View Post
    Good info Onyx.
    Indeed. If you look on the best win streak rankings as opposed to win streak rankings it shows when the streak was reached. For a clan with an unbroken streak, still warring that should be within the last couple of days. And I could only see 3 of those (plus one who warred a couple of weeks ago, so might be currently testing and will restart). And 2 of those 3 (#6M & Bangkok) both had a fortnight gap just recently as they decamped to a test clan - so even they aren't warring solidly.

It was noticeable that before last July very few clans retired on 100+ streaks. Winterfell godz did, but they restarted last year before retiring again. But from about June 2017 onwards a significant chunk of the streaks that stopped are due to retirement rather than defeat. Of course some retirements might be enforced by SC, due to what we might call "the Blombardo effect" of SC refusing to match them after weeks of searching.

Quote Originally Posted by HowDiWAB View Post
    and we try to rotate the .5s as recommend to avoid these engineered Clans.
    Why do you even have x.5s then? Especially 9.5s - these have been a disaster for months and that's been discussed on here plenty. Add infernos to all of them and matches change dramatically; at least it did for us. You're faffing around "rotating" your engineered accounts and complaining you match engineers. I have no moral objection to x.5s, and it's a pity 9.5s got nuked since they were fun - but you won't get far complaining about matching weak engineered opponents if you have lopsided stuff yourself.

The overall purpose of my post wasn't to debate with you guys or for you to convince me that I must be mistaken....
    I'm not sure why you're posting it on a player discussion forum then. The fact that you don't want to know you are mistaken speaks volumes...

I (and people like me) who have been playing this game for years...who are not children...are fortunate enough to spend money (which is tight for everyone these days) in pursuit of our hobby..
    By a funny coincidence I think that describes almost everyone posting on this thread

have seen a big change for the negative in recent years. I see the clan level frustration everyday. I see people leaving the game. You can give me stats or charts, you can tell me that they are working on it...Im telling you...that they are losing proven long term players over this issue! Seems to me, that's reason in itself to realize that something is wrong.
    The limitation is trying to extrapolate your clan's experience and claim you are speaking for all players is that SC have access to actual hard data - lot's of it. Activity in the game is clearly up - from the fact clouds are the worst they've ever been. Sales appear to be up - it's moved up the top grossing list in most of the western app stores recently. Even interest shown by google trends has been flat over the last few months, having previously been steadily declining for a couple of years (as is normal for a mature mobile game)
    SC have much better data than that. But the limited public data doesn't really support the sky-is-falling-in theory. And to be blunt, SC is not going to panic because someone used an inappropriate base and got flattened by a spam attack.
    For info on CWL see: Clan Leader CWL survival guide
    --------------------
    Forum cup organiser. The forum cup discord server is: https://discord.gg/KEUxV2e

I think people need to diversify their attacks. Lean as many different strategies as possible and continue to build defenses.

I suspect their answer to engineering will be something along the lines of what they are doing in clan games and events. We will be limited on what we can take to the attack. It's pure speculation but I drew my speculation from the Spring Trap interview.

Engineers tend to max one or two troops. If they can't use those troops they are dead in the water.

Quote Originally Posted by fifaworld2 View Post
    I don't really care how they do matchmaking at this point but they need to give us some information, any information about the direction they are moving towards. It really is frustrating to have no idea what our clan should be doing to get more fair matchups.

Signature Banner from ClashofHolmes
    Stormy Knights Leader
    Join Stormy Knights
    Player Tag: ​#20RRP9UQ8

Viking...I just had a dissertation written out in response to your last comment but perhaps thankfully for all of us...I lost my internet connection and lost the post before I could post it. Since I'm not interested in trying to recreate it..let's leave it at this...
    First, I never accused engineers of being in violation of TOS. We both know they are simply exploiting a weakness in the program... or not....if this is a purposeful decision by SC despite their many assurances that it is not..and that they are working on it.
    Second, you know as well that .5 we're a response to this problem. People started to delay dropping Xbows, ITs and eagles because of the war weight they added in response to unfavorable match ups they were getting. I remember when I started playing. Everyone was diligent in leveling their offensive and defensive capabilities.

So, rather than going round and round as you say, let's leave it at this:

I believe that I am representative of the casual to semi serious players that SC would be targeting it's product too. In an age and income range that most companies target for growth and sustained business.

People like me who have played this game for 3 or more years are frustrated and leaving the game over this issue.
    You can be an apologist for SC all you want and tell me I'm wrong or that they are working on it but I'm telling you that in the trenches this is a major issue and they are losing customers over it. If my perception is wrong so be it. But based on what I see on this forum, I don't believe it is.

I am simply trying to lend the common man's voice to this...not the techno weenies... not the 1% diehards at the top of the game...the average every day Joe who is tired of seeing friends leaving the game over this continuing issue.

So, perhaps our own ME TOO campaign will shed further insite into the number of people who feel the same way.
    SO I INVITE ANY OF YOU READING THIS FOR THE FIRST TIME OR FOLLOWING THIS THREAD TO SIMPLY REPLY TO IT WITH A ME TOO IF YOU CONTINUE TO BE FRUSTRATED BY THIS SITUATION.

Until it's shut down of course but then that only supports the conspiracy theorists that this is purposeful conduct by SC.

So..ME TOO