Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: This is ridiculous SC. The game is out of balance.

Quote Originally Posted by JFSoul View Post
    I think there is some merit to what iBork is saying as it pertains to TH11 balance. As heroes are getting fully upgraded and players are getting more comfortable with the inferno nerf, I'm seeing more three star attacks in wars. Since the nerf I haven't failed a Legend league attack (I know it's not the same as war, but it pertains to balancing).

I'm sure we will see more balancing from SC, but I think we are approaching the tipping point at TH11 for a buff to defense or a nerf to offense.
    I'm not sure anyone was disagreeing that TH11 might have gone a bit too offence heavy. Early results from the new CWL season have a higher TH11 3* rate than at TH10, which doesn't sound right. But that wasn't what iBork was saying. His claims were:
    - at TH11 any moderate competent attacker can 3* 100% of the time with a fairly spammy attack.
    - the game is broken if any TH can realistically 3* itself (and then the general rant how SC don't care about war, etc...)
    Forum cup organiser. The forum cup discord server is: https://discord.gg/KEUxV2e

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by iBork View Post
    So all TH's can be easily 3 stared now. We just tied a war. A fully maxed TH11 and other high level TH11's 3 stared with a Witch/Bowlers spam attack. No skill needed.

A max TH should never be 3 stared by a same level TH SC. This applies to ALL TH's. A max TH10 should not be 3 stared by a max TH10, same for TH9, TH8 and so on.
    OP , i agree with your first para. The new hero levels strengthen the spam attacks.
    but i dont think it sounds fair that a max th11 cant be 3 starred by max th11. A Skilled player can 3 star it. We can judge by his attack if that was a spam or a well planned attack.

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by OnyxDS View Post
    I'm not sure anyone was disagreeing that TH11 might have gone a bit too offence heavy. Early results from the new CWL season have a higher TH11 3* rate than at TH10, which doesn't sound right. But that wasn't what iBork was saying. His claims were:
    - at TH11 any moderate competent attacker can 3* 100% of the time with a fairly spammy attack.
    - the game is broken if any TH can realistically 3* itself (and then the general rant how SC don't care about war, etc...)
    I donít think competency was part part of the claim...

Millennial Club
    I agree with the others, same TH should be able to 3 star same TH, but it should not be spam easy. I had an anti-2 ring base design and all it took was 1 perfect war against us after the December update for me to change my layout. I hate the current layout since it's an easy 2 star (base is a little embedded so it can't be barched for loot), but the compartments slow down the attack enough not to be 3 stars anymore.

I thought those attacks you showed were good, but as others mentioned they were ring based designs. Half my roster likes seeing ring bases now because we have a pretty good shot at 3 starring those designs. I also noticed that in your first set of videos (without healers) the wins barely won. Slight tweaks here or there and they would not be 3 stars. The second set of videos you showed (with healers) were also nice attacks, lots of troops left over, but they also were not maxed bases. Strong TH11s, but not max bases.

The only time I've seen in my wars where someone had lots of troops left over and the 3 star looked too easy against a max base is when someone left their design the same pre-December update, and it was very ring-like.

personally, I think that a ring base should be easily 3 starred with a war army. Ring bases are supposed to be for farming to protect against farming armies. The fact that you even see them in war is bummer. takes no base building skill to make one so why should it take any skill to 3 star one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadrach777 View Post
    I agree with the others, same TH should be able to 3 star same TH, but it should not be spam easy. I had an anti-2 ring base design and all it took was 1 perfect war against us after the December update for me to change my layout. I hate the current layout since it's an easy 2 star (base is a little embedded so it can't be barched for loot), but the compartments slow down the attack enough not to be 3 stars anymore.

I thought those attacks you showed were good, but as others mentioned they were ring based designs. Half my roster likes seeing ring bases now because we have a pretty good shot at 3 starring those designs. I also noticed that in your first set of videos (without healers) the wins barely won. Slight tweaks here or there and they would not be 3 stars. The second set of videos you showed (with healers) were also nice attacks, lots of troops left over, but they also were not maxed bases. Strong TH11s, but not max bases.

The only time I've seen in my wars where someone had lots of troops left over and the 3 star looked too easy against a max base is when someone left their design the same pre-December update, and it was very ring-like.
    Max th9 with 30/30 hero's,Check us out: Magnitude 11, ​Magnitude 12. I was walking past the mental hospital the other day and all the patients were shouting, '13....13.....13.'The fence was too high to see over, but I saw a little gap in the planks.I looked through to see what was going on.....Some ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ poked me in the eye with a stick!Then they all started shouting '14.....14....14....

Pro Member
    Nice vids, I cant pull of those attacks. I still struggle a lot and still 1 star and sometimes 2 star max TH11s. Now that might just be me, but for me the game is still to hard at TH11. However, some of my teammates can pull of these kind of attacks and say that multi inferno, ring bases and weak cc troops don't convince them that it is too easy.

Banned
    I think there is some merit to what iBork is saying as it pertains to TH11 balance. As heroes are getting fully upgraded and players are getting more comfortable with the inferno nerf, I'm seeing more three star attacks in wars. Since the nerf I haven't failed a Legend league attack (I know it's not the same as war, but it pertains to balancing).

I'm sure we will see more balancing from SC, but I think we are approaching the tipping point at TH11 for a buff to defense or a nerf to offense.

Excellent comment as always and the BERF cycle is simply on the Buff Phase; look for defense upgrades / housing space increase in either the next update or the one after - gotta keep the cash register ringing...

Same as it ever was!

Great to so so many of the masters in this thread...

We are nowhere close to the tipping point. The inferno update is working as intended in elevating some of your attacks to 3 stars. Actual frequency of 3 stars will depend on the level of competitions you face. In the grand scheme of things, I don't believe the recent buff cycle has helped enough players to achieve 3 stars. The IT nerf didn't close the skill gap completely. SC is probably just waiting to see if the overall skill level improves over time.

Best thing to do is don't let the buff/nerf cycles dictate your playing experience and don't pigeonhole yourself to your own clan experience. You always have the option to move up and down the competition level to find your own comfort zone or the next challenge.
    Stop blaming the game, it is simply a reflection of your skill!

Quote Originally Posted by nstar612 View Post
    We are nowhere close to the tipping point. The inferno update is working as intended in elevating some of your attacks to 3 stars. Actual frequency of 3 stars will depend on the level of competitions you face. In the grand scheme of things, I don't believe the recent buff cycle has helped enough players to achieve 3 stars. The IT nerf didn't close the skill gap completely. SC is probably just waiting to see if the overall skill level improves over time.

Best thing to do is don't let the buff/nerf cycles dictate your playing experience and don't pigeonhole yourself to your own clan experience. You always have the option to move up and down the competition level to find your own comfort zone or the next challenge.
    I agree and would add that when evaluating whether we have hit the tipping point, the evaluation should be max attacks against max bases with anti-3 star designs. Most of the replays iBork showed are replays of bases not designed to stop 3 stars. Those bases deserve to get 3 starred by good max attacks. For those who like base designing, this is a good thing. Those internet anti-2 star bases used to be very hard to 3 star. Now they aren’t so the player must put more thought into their designs.
    Th11 here, several other accounts th8-10. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Some tips/thoughts on Legends here. Engineers aren't the problem, they are the symptom of a problematic matchmaker. My Legends hope: Legends2 5000-5999, Legends1 6000+ PvP with no loot or create a new 3rd trophy ladder for PvP (so no PvP in Legends) again with no loot, but then still Legends1 starting at 6000 cups, reset is 6000 not 5000. Contact SC here