I'm rewinding the tape"

Table of Contents

Introduction

The Base and Mechanics

Pros/Cons

Conclusion

Logs (Will be in second post)

Introduction

Hi, you may already know me but I may aswell introduce myself anyways. Im TheShadow626 and i've been into base design since I started this game and the forums helped me follow that passion as soon as I found out about labyrinths and Avernicus as he inspired me to evolve and always try new things and as a result of that I released a couple base designs here back in the day - or well, a couple years ago.

I have come to you today with my first TH10 base which is a Straight DE Protection crab-like almost southern teaser-ish base, Arose. When I first came back to the game a couple of weeks ago or even a month ago now I was heavily invested in the X-Bow Islands that people generally use in TH9 war bases aswell as the anti laloon concepts of stacking wizard towers together in a lop sided fashion but because i'm not really into war at the moment because I came back to the game not that long ago I decided to make a farming base out of it!

Aphrodi was indeed an inspiration with his timeless Crows base and I really needed to stock up on DE to get my heroes up cause im a slacker.

Shoutout to
    UltraDragonMaster aswell for the constant feedback and discussions to optimize the base.

The Base

Scout View

Base Centre

Walls Only

Please Note: This base was testing around Crystal 2 to Low Master 3, I would not advise using this base in higher leagues!

The Mechanics

Defense-Targeting Troop Pathing

While testing this base about 90% of attacks were from the south-side of the base and generally most the troops would path around the base away from the DE - usually nothing makes it close to the core. Ive found that because of the Townhall being so close to the outside of the base it acts like a bait because it is a storage now after all aswell as the fact that it gives 1 star.

The pathing from the top of the base does a very similar job except xbows would target the troops sooner aswell as the massive amounts of splash that comes from the stacked wiz towers - this just gives more insentive to attack from the bottom of the base even though it would be much easier to funnel troops towards the dark elixir from the north.

Deadzones/Defenseless Ring

The X-Bow Islands and dead space causes most non-defense targeting troops to path around the base. High HP buildings north to the DE storage will let as much DPS possible be focused onto the troops by the teslas therefore acting like a buffer.

You can tell when looking towards the core of the base that there is a lot of ways troops will path away from the DE Storage aswell as maximizing DPS Towards the core - so far no heroes have gotten close to the core, they either path around or die before they get close to the DE.

Note; this base has not yet been tested with single infernoes BUT I think it would be fine seeing as most troops usually path around the base so I think it would be fine and I will be testing the single infernoes.

Pros

Townhall bait (causes most players to attack from the south causing troops to path away from de)

High DPS Core

Tank seperation

Anti Laloon

Easy 30% Shield

Cons

Good attackers can break any base

Other resources are decently easy to snipe.

Weak against Gob-Knife

Conclusion

This is a strong DE Protection base that works at a generally early stage of TH10(Dont be fooled by my walls). The concepts are pretty simple and there's nothing super crazy about it except the 3 X-bow islands which kinda continues my journey with unorthodox bases. No base is perfect! I mostly see farming bases or any other normal matchmaking bases as ways to take advantage of bad attackers, and 90% of the time you'll generally be hit by bad attackers.

Just remember that this base isnt for the higher leagues but feel free to make different variations and send them to me, im curious! the logs will be in the next posts, thanks for checking out my base design!
    Last edited by TheShadow626; February 2nd, 2018 at 06:17 PM.

Logs

The Logs Below were collected when I was away for 4 days, aka while my base was dead and most traps weren't armed along with no cc troops

Last edited by TheShadow626; February 2nd, 2018 at 12:06 AM.

Reserved Just Incase, you may post now
    Last edited by TheShadow626; February 2nd, 2018 at 12:08 AM.

First! 10 chars. Love the base shad

First welcome back. Second I feel like I canít comment on TH10 bases anymore because I just face roll them. I canít see it through TH10 lenses anymore.

Looking at it though, you can QW from on side 3 or 9 oíclock and funnel her toward the TH, opposite side a small-ish force of BK and hogs can take out other AD and loons with haste can wreck the rest. But this is from my prism as a TH11.

I would definitely run 2 multis, or 1 of each.

Why did you decide not to put any traps near your de storage?

I feel like I could gob knife this, since there isn't much splash near the storage, and no traps as well means that goblins will zoom right through.

I do think that other then that, its a solid base - will defend dark against heavier armies a vast majority of the time. What are you running in your cc, if anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge0904 View Post
    I now have gone over $10,000 invested in this game.
    Quote Originally Posted by JLSuperfly View Post
    Still less than what Charlie Sheen spends on hookers.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraDragonMaster View Post
    First! 10 chars. Love the base shad
    Ayyy

Quote Originally Posted by Illuminance View Post
    First welcome back. Second I feel like I can’t comment on TH10 bases anymore because I just face roll them. I can’t see it through TH10 lenses anymore.

Looking at it though, you can QW from on side 3 or 9 o’clock and funnel her toward the TH, opposite side a small-ish force of BK and hogs can take out other AD and loons with haste can wreck the rest. But this is from my prism as a TH11.
    Yeah you would be able to do that, but theres never much you can do about townhalls above you like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1jeffrey1 View Post
    I would definitely run 2 multis, or 1 of each.

Why did you decide not to put any traps near your de storage?

I feel like I could gob knife this, since there isn't much splash near the storage, and no traps as well means that goblins will zoom right through.

I do think that other then that, its a solid base - will defend dark against heavier armies a vast majority of the time. What are you running in your cc, if anything?
    I felt like if I put traps near the DE they would be wasted because most troops run around the outside anyways, im willing to test other variations and ideas and see how they work out though, I run anything in the cc because my clan isnt super active, so it could be low level giants to high level loons or a random amount of archers.

In most cases with "farming bases" you never really go against good attackers or its very rare - sure I could optimize this base like crazy to try and deal with it but it Protects the DE generally well most of the time, I have yet to see someone destroy the storage.
    Last edited by TheShadow626; February 2nd, 2018 at 07:08 AM.

I don't see how the core is anti-hero. For example SuperQueen, funnel at 12 o'clock force her down to 0300 and charge her into the base, she'll take out 2 xbows and teslas can be dealt with if using a rage. I suggest using single IT's just to defend charges a bit more.

Other than that the base looks promising and i hope i'll find you in matchmaking since i'm around the same trophy range

Quote Originally Posted by ParadoxalAxioma View Post
    I don't see how the core is anti-hero. For example SuperQueen, funnel at 12 o'clock force her down to 0300 and charge her into the base, she'll take out 2 xbows and teslas can be dealt with if using a rage. I suggest using single IT's just to defend charges a bit more.

Other than that the base looks promising and i hope i'll find you in matchmaking since i'm around the same trophy range
    i'll update the the pro's and cons then, thanks for the feedback!

And yeah im testing single infernoes now, they just seem to be better at the moment after the nerf.

I'm willing to test any/all suggestions! This is what the base design subforum is for afterall
    Last edited by TheShadow626; February 2nd, 2018 at 07:19 AM.

I don't know if this one is overlooked or taken into account but the northern side of the base has questionable air coverage. Could possibly be enough for a Baby Drag or a few Minions to create a decent funnel.