Thread: Creating an API key

Creating an API key

Hello, I'm new to API and rather a noob. I wanted to know if anyone would provide my some information as to how to specify an IP address for an API call. I'm looking into developing an Android app but my first limiting factor was the issue of an IP address since it changes with every device.

Does anyone have an idea as to how I would use a static IP address for the API call?

Thank you in advance

You need some sort of server to do the actual talking to SC. Your app would then talk to your server. Unless there is some service out there which will route traffic for you, giving you a fixed address. But usually it's servers that are doing the API stuff rather than client machines.
    For info on CWL see: CWL survival guide and data posts: 1 (stars), 2 (3* rates), 3 (rosters), 4 (start times and other)
    --------------------
    Forum cup organiser. The forum cup discord server is: https://discord.gg/KEUxV2e

If you can set up your router to use something like noip.com, then it will effectively have a static IP address and all your internet access will use that IP.

sig by clasher0011

Quote Originally Posted by fette View Post
    Big deal, eh?