Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: [ASK] Just a few questions for staff

Banned

[ASK] Just a few questions for staff

1) Will SC Fix Clouds In Higher leagues ?
    I am th11 with maxed elixir troops and maxed queen. A thought always come in my mind that I should push to legend and make a good record in my profile but I step back due to cloud problem. I cant spare much time in clouds as it would become an obstacle in my daily life routine.

2) Has SC taken any step against engineers ?
    well ,I am surprised to see that they removed the old th sniping system and they cant even take a single step towards engineers. And most obvious , both were intended by players only. So , if they could remove the old farming system , then why cant they fix engineering ? I know these 2 things are different but a common thing is that , these 2 things were both carried down by players. So , if SC fixed one , then why not the 2nd thing ?

And the last one.
    3) Any Hint when would SC brought down th12 ?
    So , this one Is just for my curiousty. I am not asking for the exact month or date. Just wanna if it would be brought down this year , next year or whatever ?
    Or I would make it simple , are they working on th12 yet ?

Probably at work not working clearly. Doh!
    Unlikely to get any official response to your questions so I will give you my views instead

1) 5 years have passed without any improvement at all. Don't hold you breath.

2) They are working on it. It is slightly better although mismatches are still very much common place.

3) Likely to be this year imo.

Agree with Damiz on 1 and 2 (maybe on 3 as well, but...).

3) In one of the Q&As, Darian said that they don't want to release th12 with so few players on th10/11 (specially few 11s). It wouldn't make sense to say something like that - at all - if there wasn't a th12 in the works, or at least on the drawing board. This was my interpretation, SC/Darian didn't confirm th12 yet. I suspect it's "ready" for a while now (maybe they started planning it shortly after th11's release), but they can't really release it in a functional form (i.e. economy would go haywire with even less 11s for 11s to attack and close to no 12s attacking each other, creating a loot drought). Once they get good numbers at 10/11, we might get a th12. I hope it happens this year, but I wouldn't be shocked if SC decided to delay it even more if they don't get the numbers they want.
    TH12 - Heroes 52/57/25 || Max walls: 51/100 (M3, collector raids, nothing to see).
    People keep using the word "adapt" after big updates. Not adapting is working maybe too well for me, tho.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Damiz View Post
    Unlikely to get any official response to your questions so I will give you my views instead

1) 5 years have passed without any improvement at all. Don't hold you breath.

2) They are working on it. It is slightly better although mismatches are still very much common place.

3) Likely to be this year imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by BaronScarpia View Post
    Agree with Damiz on 1 and 2 (maybe on 3 as well, but...).

3) In one of the Q&As, Darian said that they don't want to release th12 with so few players on th10/11 (specially few 11s). It wouldn't make sense to say something like that - at all - if there wasn't a th12 in the works, or at least on the drawing board. This was my interpretation, SC/Darian didn't confirm th12 yet. I suspect it's "ready" for a while now (maybe they started planning it shortly after th11's release), but they can't really release it in a functional form (i.e. economy would go haywire with even less 11s for 11s to attack and close to no 12s attacking each other, creating a loot drought). Once they get good numbers at 10/11, we might get a th12. I hope it happens this year, but I wouldn't be shocked if SC decided to delay it even more if they don't get the numbers they want.
    so should I drop my idea of pushing ?

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by TheClasherMikey View Post
    1) Will SC Fix Clouds In Higher leagues ?
    I am th11 with maxed elixir troops and maxed queen. A thought always come in my mind that I should push to legend and make a good record in my profile but I step back due to cloud problem. I cant spare much time in clouds as it would become an obstacle in my daily life routine.

2) Has SC taken any step against engineers ?
    well ,I am surprised to see that they removed the old th sniping system and they cant even take a single step towards engineers. And most obvious , both were intended by players only. So , if they could remove the old farming system , then why cant they fix engineering ? I know these 2 things are different but a common thing is that , these 2 things were both carried down by players. So , if SC fixed one , then why not the 2nd thing ?

And the last one.
    3) Any Hint when would SC brought down th12 ?
    So , this one Is just for my curiousty. I am not asking for the exact month or date. Just wanna if it would be brought down this year , next year or whatever ?
    Or I would make it simple , are they working on th12 yet ?

1 & 2) I'm going to say this in a way to try and avoid sounding like "PR speak". The Clouding situation (along with engineering) are actually two of the top priorities for the CoC team this year. Ironically, fixing the clouds is tougher than fixing engineering due to how the system is designed.

Look, the bottom line is this: Keeping you in the clouds benefits no one. Preventing people who have put in time, effort, sweat, and blood to reach higher tiers from playing the game is obviously not an ideal way to keep people playing the game. Fixing the cloud issue might take an entire overhaul of how the game functions. This is not an easy thing to do, nor is it a quick solution, but it is something we are going to address. The same goes for engineering. I think we have a solution for this but it's still being developed but it's something we're going to release this year. Yes the team has been taking both of those issues very seriously.

3) We have a metric ton of new content we're working on. Many of what we're going to be introducing is based on a lot of player suggestions. It's too early to confirm what those suggestions were or what the content is. As to the specifics of your question, 'no comment'.
    AKA Tank Puppy

Ice skating is just walking in cursive.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by TheClasherMikey View Post
    so should I drop my idea of pushing ?
    Definitely, trophy pushing is just nonsense in this mode. Play builder base or clash royale if interested in trophy pushing.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post

I think we have a solution for this but it's still being developed but it's something we're going to release this year. Yes the team has been taking both of those issues very seriously.

3) We have a metric ton of new content we're working on. Many of what we're going to be introducing is based on a lot of player suggestions. It's too early to confirm what those suggestions were or what the content is. As to the specifics of your question, 'no comment'.
    wow , sounds interesting , good luck team!

1 & 2) I'm going to say this in a way to try and avoid sounding like "PR speak". The Clouding situation (along with engineering) are actually two of the top priorities for the CoC team this year. Ironically, fixing the clouds is tougher than fixing engineering due to how the system is designed.

Look, the bottom line is this: Keeping you in the clouds benefits no one. Preventing people who have put in time, effort, sweat, and blood to reach higher tiers from playing the game is obviously not an ideal way to keep people playing the game. Fixing the cloud issue might take an entire overhaul of how the game functions. This is not an easy thing to do, nor is it a quick solution, but it is something we are going to address. The same goes for engineering. I think we have a solution for this but it's still being developed but it's something we're going to release this year. Yes the team has been taking both of those issues very seriously.

when the next update will be released?
    and any balance changes before it (for example this month)?
    please answer Darian
    Last edited by amirnilchi1377; January 30th, 2018 at 02:53 PM.

Banned
    And likely do not involve the same consequences : solving the clouds will be a key financial decision while eliminating engineers won't be. It will address fair-play which is good.

Look, the bottom line is this: Keeping you in the clouds benefits no one. Preventing people who have put in time, effort, sweat, and blood to reach higher tiers from playing the game is obviously not an ideal way to keep people playing the game. Fixing the cloud issue might take an entire overhaul of how the game functions. This is not an easy thing to do, nor is it a quick solution, but it is something we are going to address.
    Darian, this is months if not years that we hear this, that we hear the same speech... Any other relevant update ?

The same goes for engineering. I think we have a solution for this but it's still being developed but it's something we're going to release this year.
    Darian, just to clarify here : will a solution to clouding will be also released in 2018 ?

Yes the team has been taking both of those issues very seriously.

Last edited by Chris2000; January 30th, 2018 at 03:10 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by amirnilchi1377 View Post
    when the next update will be released?
    and any balance changes before it (for example this month)?
    please answer Darian
    probably no-one would be telling us until sneak peeks