Thread: Access Denied - Invalid Authorization

Trainee

Unhappy Access Denied - Invalid Authorization

Hello clashers !

Since jan 26th, i am not able to fetch data anymore through the API

I had scheduled tasks on my computer to do the job automatically, every 30 minutes..
    They stopped working at 6:30 AM, i was obviously in bed at this time, so it's not due to a code modification, my router didn't reboot, my IP was unchanged, so the token was valid.

Tried everything, renew my IP, generate a new token, even create a new developper account.. nope, every query leads to a "Access Denied / Invalid Authorization" error.

Am i blacklisted or something ?? That's the only thing that comes to my head..

I did spend hours, litteraly dozens of hours, to create management tools for my clan, war stats, clan stats, availabilty manager for FW/Tournaments, custom bots functionalities for discord.. for internal purpose only !

How did I break the rules ??

As expected, in-game support can't do anything to help, i've no other way to resolve this, or at least understand what happened.

I'm just really sad, i was enjoying so much playing with those data and providing tools to my clan.

ps: if by any chance, an official support from SC reads this, i can surely provide my dev account login mail in PM
    Last edited by funkTLS; January 31st, 2018 at 01:07 PM.

I don't know any way to get support for the API, sadly.

Have you tested your IP address is still correct, using one of the websites that will show you your current IP?

It sounds like you are running this from home. Have you tried temporarily running it on a server (you'd need to generate a new token including the new IP address) to see what happens?
    Various data posts: Who plays what? CWL data 1 (stars), 2 (3* rates), 3 (rosters), 4 (start times and other) Data at end of old Legends And (non-data) how max bases are ordered in war
    --------------------
    Forum cup organiser. The forum cup discord server is: https://discord.gg/KEUxV2e

Trainee
    Yup, my IP was unchanged, and i tried to renew my IP and generate a new token.
    Seems like my mac address is banned (or maybe i'm paranoid, but i can't see any other explanation)

And yeah, pretty sure it would work from another location, my scripts have run fine for months..

But free webhosts don't have any usable IP since they are virtual servers, and i won't pay for a premium account, even more if i know i could also be blacklisted

Well, i have a raspberry in a drawer, i will give it a try..

Thanks for your moral support anyway

I don't think they can see your mac address from the http type traffic you are sending. The only thing they could blacklist is your IP address, if you tried a different email. And you can test that if you test from another server.

I'm just doubtful they would block an IP permanently. There are sites like clashofstats that must be making a huge number of calls to their servers and haven't been blocked.

Well, i have a raspberry in a drawer, i will give it a try..
    But that would have the same IP address if it's on your home network?

This may be a silly question, but when you say your IP address is unchanged, you're not talking about a 10.0.x.x or a 192.168.x.x address are you?
    Various data posts: Who plays what? CWL data 1 (stars), 2 (3* rates), 3 (rosters), 4 (start times and other) Data at end of old Legends And (non-data) how max bases are ordered in war
    --------------------
    Forum cup organiser. The forum cup discord server is: https://discord.gg/KEUxV2e

Trainee
    Problem solved

Thanks to Polared, thank you man!

My CURL call was a bit different than the one in the guide you've posted, i really don't get it, it had worked for months!

Problem was between keyboard and chair..