View Poll Results: Who agrees that these suggestions should be implemented?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • I think these ideas are great!

4 44.44%
  • I think these ideas are terrible!

5 55.56%

Thread: Suggestions for Hay Day

Banned

Lightbulb Suggestions for Hay Day

Hello, my name is Happy Helper! I would like to introduce myself by saying that Hay Day is my favourite game! I even have a mental schedule of when I play play it during the week and day! However, despite the amazing (or a-MOO-zing) game it is, like any other game there is always room for improvement. Here is what I believe Supercell should consider implementing in the game for future updates:

1. SANCTUARY

A1: The animals within the sanctuary are already wonderful and aesthetically pleasing. I especially like my elephant! The sanctuary should include the following animals: peacocks, zebras, lions, tigers, ostriches, monkeys, flamingos, crocodiles, and/or pandas. I just adore pandas! These animals should also come in different variations, like colour and age.

B1: Puzzle pieces should be easier to receive and/or the requirement of puzzle pieces for each animal should decrease (e.g. 32, 24, 18, 12, etc.).

C1: A border around the sanctuary would be most pleasing. It is very unnerving that my animals may wonder through the town or train tracks. Of course this won't happen, but I can't help but fear it!

2. TOWN

A2: I love the townspeople and I am enlightened that they choose my farm to visit. But I am always curious as to why is it that the same people visit my farm. In order to prevent this, we would have more names, more careers for the townspeople and different facial and body features. In addition, I feel bad for my townspeople, because they don't have a variety of clothing, they should instead have a selection of clothing to wear. I can't bear to imagine the smell!

B2: I wish my townspeople had more stores to visit! I have amazing stores already, but I wish my townspeople had a humongous selection! I would certainly hope the following be added: butcher's shop, café, museum, candy store, clothing store, convenience store, farmer's market, florist, ice cream shop, jewelry store, pet store and/or pizza place.

3. STORAGE

A3: I would appreciate if we had a tool shed or something rather for expansion tools (e.g. dynamite, pick axes, shovels, land markers, paint buckets, bolts, saws, etc.). It would certainly make things more efficient and would also be a nice decoration for my farm!

B3: It takes quite a long time to upgrade my barn, my silo and even my tackle box. To prevent this, a way to collect these expanding materials or a decrease in the necessary amount of these items to expand buildings like a barn, would certainly help me as a farmer.

4. NEIGHBOURHOOD, CHAT & DERBY

A4: I love my neighbourhood! All my neighbours are supportive and inclusive! I would adore it if we could communicate individually with them. That way not everyone in the neighbourhood would see our conversation. For example, my grandmother is a member of our neighbourhood and conspicuously I love her. Because I love her, I like to leave little notes of appreciation. An individual chat would prevent other neighbours from seeing these messages. In addition, I also like selling and buying items from other neighbours, but in the past we had an incident were a certain member would buy items from other neighbours when there was an arranged deal between those neighbours and there was this certain member had no permission to buy such items. Therefore, if we had an individual chat, these dilemmas would not occur.

B4: Instead of having only neighbours having the right to communicate in these individual chats, non-neighbours should also be granted this ability. I know for a fact that myself and other farmers would love to converse with farmers that do not belong to the same neighbourhood.

C4: Rather than having an individual chat, farmers could also converse by having a social wall. On this public wall, farmers across the globe could post suggestions, questions, comments or even donations on a particular farmer's wall. That would be so fantastic!

D4: There is the constant dilemma of neighbours not participating in derbies. It is quite the hassle to remove neighbours from a neighbourhood, and quite frankly... I detest evicting neighbours, because I feel bad for them. However, I totally disagree that neighbours should gain off of the work of others during derbies. Instead, leaders and co-leaders should have the option to select an automatic neighbour remover of some sort depending on how many derby points a neighbour earns, how many derby tasks a neighbour selects or whether or not the neighbour even participates in the derby. For example, a leader or co-leader might select the minimum requirement of 450 derby points and 3 derby tasks per week. This would prevent non-participating neighbours to join neighbourhoods, but would also help farmers understand that there is a specified requirements to join a neighbourhood, because many farmers don't enjoy derbies and some may also want to be in a participating neighbourhood. Please save us leaders and co-leaders from removing fellow neighbours.

E4: A global chat would be extraordinary! Almost like another favourite game of mine, Clash of Clans. Thanks Supercell by the way for yet another great game!

F4: I would love to have more Derby Themes! They're just that awesome!

G4: As a co-leader of my neighbourhood, I love to put messages within the Neighbourhood Notifications tab so all neighbours have the ability to comprehend what is currently occurring within my neighbourhood. However, I am limited to three public messages. I don't really like this, due to the fact that I have multiple messages I would like to address to my fellow neighbours.

H4: In addition to being limited in the Neighbourhood Chat, as members of a neighbourhood we are limited to what we are aloud to write in a single comment. This is not efficient in the sense that it limits our messages and our creative liberties. Please adjust this issue.

I4: I would love to receive noticed ions on my device from my neighbours when they wish to get ahold of me. Better yet, I would simply adore if these notifications would include text.

J4: I would be so amazed if Supercell would introduce Neighbourhood Loans o Hay Day. So often my neighbours are suffering financially in Hay Day. The only way I can currently help them is to buy there products. But if Neighbourhood Loans were introduced to the game, I and all neighbours alike could give money to fellow neighbours and we would in return receive more money. Of course however, there should be a limit to the loan so that we are still challenged in the game.

5. ROADSIDE SHOP & NEWSPAPER

A5: Within neighbourhoods we always have agreed deals between neighbours. But lots of the time, players outside of the neighbourhood take our products. To currently prevent this, we neighbours have to decide to do one of the following: have no advertisements on any other products within our Roadside Shop, put the product at the back of the shop or have no trade agreement at all. It is very disappointing when an anymore individual "steals" our product. I think there should be a way to prevent this. One idea could be adding slots within the Roadside Shop designated for neighbours only, almost like the boat crates.

B5: We should definitely have another set of advertisement within or out of the standard newspaper. This new advertisement might include bidding on certain items or solely rare items. The reason why this should be implemented is because it would enhance everyday shopping within the game.

C5: At the moment, if a farmer has products in his or her Roadside Shop, they can only discard the item entirely. A wonderful suggestion that I have thought of several times is to enable farmers to edit the products within their Roadside Shop, even if it costs diamonds. This would include adjusting the quantity, the price and removing the item out of the Roadside Shop, but they have the right to discard or keep the product(s). So many times have I made an error concerning price and quantity.

6. PRODUCTS

A6: The following products should be implemented within the game: socks, blueberries, roses, hamburger meat (i.e. from cow), shrimp, crab, toys, caramel popcorn, coconuts, limes, blueberries, coconut juice, coconut oil, pineapple, pineapple pizza, potato fries, chocolate milk, rubies, pearls, sapphires, new jewelry, oysters/clams (i.e. where pearls come from), amethyst, mushrooms, new shoes, soda, horseshoes, kiwi, watermelons, blackberry candles, lemon candles, lemonade, limeade, strawberry-lemon pie, strawberry pie, rhubarb, strawberry-rhubarb pie, strawberry juice, key lime pie, chicken salad, chicken burgers, red velvet cake, caramel, pineapple tart, peanuts, peanut butter, chips, tulips, cream cheese (e.g. 2 cream + 1 cheese), more dairy products, more sugar products, different cookies (e.g. double chocolate cookies, raspberry cookies, etc.), donuts, cinnamon, cinnamon buns, strawberry milk, peppers, yogurt, chicken noodle soup, noodle soup, cereal, chicken (meat), chicken nuggets, pumpkin bread, chocolate bread, banana bread, cinnamon bread, raspberry bread, meat pie, blueberry muffins, lemon muffins, chocolate muffins, chocolate chips, vanilla, caramel chips, new dresses, raspberry lemonade/pink lemonade, strawberry lemonade and/or pears.

7. MISCELLANEOUS

A7: When ever I observe the lemons, they look very much like limes. It would be truly amazing if the lemons were adjusted to look more like lemons (i.e. yellow, not green) and have the same design for limes. This is crucial for me, because lemons are my favourite fruit and yellow has always been my favourite colour!

B7: There should be rewards for helping neighbours with requests, instead of only receiving Experience Points and a title.

C7: I notice quite often that when some requests help, I cannot identify whether it is for boat crates or for trees/bushes. It would be much easier if the exclamation mark (!) was colour-coordinated to differentiate between boat crates and trees/bushes. For instance, a blue exclamation mark could signify that a farmer needs help for (a) boat crate(s), green could signify that a farmer needs help for (a) tree(s)/bush(es) and the yellow that we already have could signify that a farmer needs help for (a) boat crate(s) and for (a) tree(s)/bush(es).

APPRECIATION

Thank you very much for reading this long message. Of course these are suggestions that I would like, but I do believe that many others would adore most of these suggestions. If one of these suggestions or even all of these suggestions are implemented in future updates, which would be very, very unlikely, I along with many farmers would be so happy. However, although it is Supercell's job to make its players happy and enthused, it is also Supercell's job to make a profit and for that reason some of these suggestions could never be implemented n'or considered.

If none of these items are implemented n'or considered, I will love this game just the same and it will remain my favourite game. I love the work that Supercell does and I am very fortunate to play this game. This game means so much to me and I have been playing it for a very long time. I have gotten my grandmother to play Hay Day (as mentioned above) and even my mother who is now deceased to play Hay Day. Everyone at Supercell is doing a great job and you all deserve so much more! You are not only entertaining us, but are also providing us with lasting memories. If I could I would reach over and give everyone there a big hug!

With all due respect,

Happy Helper

Hi,
    Several of your ideas/comments have already been discussed and have been ruled out (or put into the "maybe some day" category).

You might find it helpful to look at the Must Read sticky (sticky at the top of this forum section): https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...s-and-requests

Cheers
    Last edited by BaguettesAndBrie; January 21st, 2018 at 01:24 PM.
    WeChat: HDBrie | Kik: BaguettesAndBrie | Player tag: #2P9V2VRCO
    NH: ★ Bacon & Baileys ★ -> learn about us here!
    NH tag: #C8YRPUP
    Baby NH: The Little Dust Bunnies -> what's this?
    Main farm: 133

Banned
    Hello, BaquettesAndBrie

Thank you very much for providing me with that link. I'll be reviewing it!

With all due respect,
    Happy Helper

Yes on Florist Shoppe in town! We all have so many flowers, and DD is always full of ads for them. Please, SC, may we have a florist in town before our flowers all wilt?
    ty,
    Barb
    Level 100, achievements 108/108, no more counting GC: bqbowers01
    HD NH: Happiness Spot

SCORCHED EARTH SURVIVOR 15Jun2016

Cool

Hi happyhelper,

Please don’t be discouraged by the lack of posts and the negative response to the poll. As BaguettesAndBrie noted, there is a “ruled out” sticky that addresses some of your suggestions like, for example, the tool shed. I think the biggest problem is that your list is so incredibly comprehensive. None of us know where to begin to reply.

I think you will get a better response if you choose one of your suggestions and start a thread with a good description of it in the title. In looking at your Sanctuary list of suggestions, these thoughts come to mind:
    • Additional animals: huge list! I think you would have more success choosing your favorite, like pandas, and starting a thread suggesting them. SC can only introduce a limited number of things, and I believe we farmers have a better chance of influencing them if we show wide support for a single item.
    • Puzzle piece acquisition: this is definitely a painful subject. I need one more piece for my second hippo, but this week’s puzzle boat pieces went to the giraffe (I now have a total of 2 pieces for the giraffe). I have no problem with the number of pieces, but I wish we could choose which puzzle to apply them to. I wouldn’t get the total number of animals faster, but I would like to feel that I had some say in which ones I got. There are particular trees and flowers that come with certain animals that I am really looking forward to. I’m pretty sure SC won’t reduce the number of pieces. That would be very unfair to those who have worked so hard to complete the 36-piece puzzles.
    • Border around the Sanctuary: I placed the rope fencing along the border between the Sanctuary and the train tracks. I know it wouldn’t really deter the animals, but it’s good enough for me. I prefer adding my own border to having SC place something permanent.

Both the issue of additional animals and the issue of puzzle pieces have come up in the past. I find it difficult to effectively search the forums for threads related to something I would like to suggest, but it’s impossible if the title is something generic like “New Ideas”. On the one hand, you could start a “Sanctuary suggestions” thread with all 3 of your ideas; but, personally, I would be more likely to respond to them as individual threads: Pandas for the Sanctuary, Puzzle piece suggestions, Border for Sanctuary.

Try posting threads for some of your individual suggestions. You’ll have noticed that Barb (Bqbowers) chose one thing, the town flower shop, to support.

Also, in my experience, polls never seem to work out the way you hope!
    Last edited by MiniGardener; January 23rd, 2018 at 11:41 PM.

Farm Level 127 | Town 41 | Achievements 143/144

Hey!,
    I agree with MiniGardener, you should compartimentalize your ideas, and propose them in an organized and clear way.

As to your suggestions, I do found some to be quite good:
    - the florist shop, candy store and ice cream shop.
    - some products like caramel popcorn, blueberries (frequently requested) and the yogurt.
    - more derby themes (of course!!)
    - a global chat, where people could even recrute neighbours, or farmers could look for neighbourhoods.
    - the function to alter a sale, and therefore not losing the product and the money (as is now the only way to cancel a sale).
    - The phone notification feature for a neighbour's comment.

However, some of your ideas should be thought of more thoroughly, I believe:
    - some products you propose already exist, like noodles, and the noodle soup. Try going to hayday wiki, from wikia, fandom, and search for your products, to check whether they are a thing already.
    - some town buildings I don't get, like the museum (what would people ask you for?) And the cafe (we already have a beach cafe...).

I guess that's it. You DO make some fair points, but as MiniGardener said, presentation matters, and your ideas might not be considered because of it.
    Thanks
    Last edited by Rena9067; January 23rd, 2018 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rena9067 View Post
    As to your suggestions, I do found some to be quite good:
    - the florist shop, candy store and ice cream shop.
    Thanks
    As you specifically picked it out, I thought I would comment :

Having a candy store or an ice cream shop would place too much load on these individual products. Obviously if we had a new town building, it would have capacity for 6 visitors. So that's 6 visitors (or 1/8 of your total visitors at any given time) requesting only candies, or only ice creams. This would eat up farmers' candy and ice cream inventory so quickly, and they'd be impossible to replenish because the ice cream and candy machines are already busy 100% of the time for many farmers.

This is the reason why we have town buildings like the cinema - it covers ice cream and candy, and popcorn, and some other things too, which spreads the load and makes the game more playable.

Quote Originally Posted by Lud3ck View Post
    As you specifically picked it out, I thought I would comment :

Having a candy store or an ice cream shop would place too much load on these individual products. Obviously if we had a new town building, it would have capacity for 6 visitors. So that's 6 visitors (or 1/8 of your total visitors at any given time) requesting only candies, or only ice creams. This would eat up farmers' candy and ice cream inventory so quickly, and they'd be impossible to replenish because the ice cream and candy machines are already busy 100% of the time for many farmers.

This is the reason why we have town buildings like the cinema - it covers ice cream and candy, and popcorn, and some other things too, which spreads the load and makes the game more playable.
    That’s a good point. I hadn’t thought about that potential problem, but now that you mention it, I agree with you.

Forum Superstar
    Too many suggestions for people to consider at once? Pfft, watch me.

1. SANCTUARY

A1: *Other animals in sanctuary*

I don't think SC will add new animals anytime soon as many players are still working on the current animals. I'd definitely like to see some new ones once many finish their sancturay. though I think we'd need a larger sanctuary!

B1: *Easier/less required puzzle pieces.*

I don't mind the slow going, but I do believe it could be fun to have extra chances to get puzzle pieces. Maybe as a reward for filling X boats in a row? I've got to admit I'd be kind of annoyed if they suddenly switched it to fewer required pieces.

C1: *Border around the sanctuary*

I think I'd rather make my own, if anything? It doesn't bother me.

2. TOWN

A2: *different types of townies*

Cute idea, but this would add a lot of data to the game with little extra functionality. Not sure it would work at all.

B2: *Different types of shops*

No, because a lot of the shops would deplete your products really quickly as they'd rely on one or two machines. A lot of these are kind of "combined" in the shops we have, in a way?

I do think a market could be cool though, maybe a market event in town every so often?

3. STORAGE

A3: *tool shed*

Has often been suggested and ruled out (or is it on the 'maybe some day' list?). I don't see it happening anytime soon.

B3: *another to collect EMs/less required EMs*

This is not at all likely to happen. There's already plenty of ways for you to collect expansion materials

4. NEIGHBOURHOOD, CHAT & DERBY

A4: *individual chat*
    I really would like individual chat. I'm not sure I'd use it much, but it'd be quite nice!

B4: *non NH members can talk to each other*

So like, PMs but gobally? That could be nice. Not sure who's going to monitor if anyone is being abusive, though... :\ (To a lesser extent, that comment also goes for the NH PMs)

C4: *suggestion/comment wall*

Again, this could be cute. But who's going to monitor if anyone is going to be swearing or posting offensive things?

D4: *automatic neighbour remover of some sort depending on how many derby points a neighbour earns, how many derby tasks a neighbour selects or whether or not the neighbour even participates in the derby.*

Would this not mean some variation of auto-kicking inactive members? Ruled out.

E4: *A global chat*

Not sure about this. Maybe it should be something that can be turned on/off. Children also play Hay Day, after all. I do like the principle though!

F4: *More Derby themes*

Yes! I love them too

G4: *Extend NH leader message function*

My NH doesn't use this, but I have seen that it is quite limited. Agreed.

H4: *Larger character limit for messages*

I'm not sure how long the messages can be. I don't believe I have ever ran into that limit? It would be good to have a larger limit (or limit abolished altogether) if possible!

I4: *Notifications if NH member wants to speak to you*

Yes!

J4: *Some kind of loan system*

This could be a pretty good idea! But you can give away coins. Sell products for 1 coin, buy back for full price, repeat. Would be lots easier, though! Then again, it's not like earning coins is *super* difficult. It could be nice, but I don't see it as a necessary change.

5. ROADSIDE SHOP & NEWSPAPER

A5: *NH box in RSS, or something of the sort*

Many have requested, it's a good idea. It's on the 'no immediate plans, but maybe some day' list, so there is hope!

B5: *New ways of advertising*

Bidding? No no no no NO. That would just SUCK for lower level players strapped for coins - they could probably never find the items in the DD again! I think the way we do shopping/advertising now is fine, honestly

C5: *Adjust/edit item up for sale*

Agreed. Oh all the times I have accidentally sold something for default. Usually only crops, though. Lucky me!

6. PRODUCTS: *insert a boatload of product ideas*
    Many of these are great! I'm not sure if they'd all work because you just suggested SO MANY! I'd definitely like to see some of them, though!
    Noodle soup already exists, btw.

7. MISCELLANEOUS

A7: When ever I observe the lemons, they look very much like limes. It would be truly amazing if the lemons were adjusted to look more like lemons (i.e. yellow, not green) and have the same design for limes. This is crucial for me, because lemons are my favourite fruit and yellow has always been my favourite colour!

They look quite yellow and definitely like lemons to me!

B7: There should be rewards for helping neighbours with requests, instead of only receiving Experience Points and a title.

Hmm. What kind of rewards are you thinking of? Maybe there could be thank you notes like we get for boats/reviving.

C7: *Help needed identification system*

I'd love this, but I'd also hate to think that many boats would probably not see much help - don't most people go hunting for revives?
    Last edited by EllunaHellen; January 24th, 2018 at 09:58 PM.
    Level 100 reached 21/7/2019! Level 101 -Town Reputation level 22
    Farm ID #298YQQ2QU
    ALL Sanctuary animals! ~not anymore~ - Might unlock all this land by 2025. Maybe.
    Started September 2014! - Probably the slowest ever consistent player
    Mini farm started on April 24th, 2018! ~Level 66/Rep 17~

Respect!

And mostly agree.
    Town 28, Barn 2700 Silo 2100, Tackle box 175, level 108 Player ID # UCUG20JP
    We Dutch discovered Russian Hack https://www.volkskrant.nl/media/dutc...ions~a4561913/
    Done scorched earth twice