Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is This A Leap Foward Or Backward?

Banned
    go for maxing .. engineering don't worth it anymore .. you'll be matched up with only engineers with current match making .. and with your clan's war's i don't think 4 th9s one of them having th11s offence will get good match ups .. most probably mismatches , which will lead to a lot of frustration and then going for maxing will be harder ...

so it's better to max th10 first

Quote Originally Posted by funnybu View Post
    go for maxing .. engineering don't worth it anymore .. you'll be matched up with only engineers with current match making .. and with your clan's war's i don't think 4 th9s one of them having th11s offence will get good match ups .. most probably mismatches , which will lead to a lot of frustration and then going for maxing will be harder ...

so it's better to max th10 first
    It could lead up to mismatches to our advantage though......
    Last edited by 0Yanagapa0; January 20th, 2018 at 05:54 PM.

not interested in thread counts/titles just a guy on the forums chatting away
    I would say carry on upgrading straight to th11 just focusing on ur troops as ur engineering i will warn you now op th10 attacks tend to end with high two stars in war somtimes even just one star its not a fun lev to be at which is why i say go up to th11

go to th11, do not drop infernos or eagle, max out heroes and troops.

The MM does not value offense the way it should, I see over and over again (still) wars where TH11's with TH11 point defenses and max TH11 troops AND heroes seem to weigh less then a completely max TH10. You want an advantage? Max your offense, neglect your defense, profit!

btw I think the MM is broken as is, IMO. A TH11 regardless of troops or defense should weigh more then the most a TH10 can weigh. Why? well first off it's common sense, and secondly a player can always add in defenses and upgrade troops. You can't unbuild defenses.

I'm hopefully that for TH12, whenever it comes, they will have building/troop requirements like the builder base. *THAT* will fix engineering in a blink.

Quote Originally Posted by BlindHaze View Post
    Haha! I must admit, ‘disgustingly unfair advantage in war’ made me laugh!
    Points for honesty, actually saying out loud what we all do.
    I truly believe the recruitment tool will improve over time. Please read my posts on this topic not as complaints, but as a polite request for improvement. Often I include a suggestion, or an observation of an existing function that could improve the tool.
    Before we throw the baby out with the bath, I would like to remind you that recruiting in global was no picnic either. Mostly hoppers, very few serious players.

It sounds like only 3 bases in your lineup are engineered, and they are all nearer the top of the roster than the bottom. People in the war forum area would likely tell you this is a bad idea - because it’s better to engineer systematically across the whole of clan rather than bases in isolation, and more to the point for you in particular, because it’s a bad idea to have engineered bases sitting at the top of the roster rather than strong anchors.

I’d give up on the idea of a “disgusting advantage” - it is unlikely to happen both with SC doing much more to address fairer matchmaking with lopsided offence clans, and because you are late to the lopsided offence engineering party... if you engineer more you’re likely to match more clans who have been doing it longer/better.

Ultimately it is up to you, there is risk of bad matches either way.
    Chapter One #22V00CGY Level 16 International clan
    We welcome strong TH11 and TH12 adult players with big heros for relaxed fun warring, maxing bases and some pushing. Must know where the donate button is!

Banned
    It helps to have a couple of very good TH11s with defenses on top, you will need some very good TH11 attackers if your gonna run with a TH9.5 with 11 offense on top.

You don't have any th10/11 in your roster ... why do you need th11 offense? The top 3 of a clan shouldn't engineer. Upgrade defenses if you want an advantage in war.

Quote Originally Posted by 0Yanagapa0 View Post
    I am a th9.5 with all maxed lvl 11 walls. Almost all my troops are maxed. Should I upgrade to th11 or max out defence? My goal is to give myself a disgustingly unfair advantage in war. With that in mind, is upgrading my th a leap forward or backward? This thread will be the deciding factor in if I upgrade or not......

Edit: please explain WHY!!- to provide a bit of context. I am our top guy in war. My clan has four th9s 2 of which are 9.5s including me. The rest are th8 and below. We do 20 man war.

Here's my base:http://imgur.com/ynHU6Qx
    My guess is, if your clan is maxer, and the bases at the top are quite similar in size, then the best way forward for you is to continue to max out, as your strength will be in the number of strong bases at the top of your roster. Number 1 on the roster is the most important base in the roster as its your clans anchor, so I understand the dilemma. Unfortunately its difficult to get yourself an advantage as its main job is to stop the opposition getting a clean sweep, so the anchor really has no option but max out (not so sure about the overweight nerfed IT). But post update, SC has given you the perfect tool. Upgrade TH and lab, and you will get your new purpose built max troop base via potions, and with no war weight added to your base at all. You can still work your base as a TH10, but the potion gives an instant transformation come war. Say thank you SC. Only down side, raids on your farming base get tougher as it keeps throwing up eagle bases for you to "next".

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin94 View Post
    You don't have any th10/11 in your roster ... why do you need th11 offense? The top 3 of a clan shouldn't engineer. Upgrade defenses if you want an advantage in war.
    Well said, couldn't agree more