Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: GC and FB friends missing today

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by ciglieggia View Post
    exactly :/
    I have an old Iphone 4S but when I try to turn it on it tells me I have to connect it to Itunes. I connect it but nothing happens.
    Is it possible to log off from GC on my Iphone 6S with the latest iOS available? I tried to logoff from the whole apple ID but it did not seem to work: I only managed to get an email from Apple telling me the "find my Iphone" was disabled.
    You can log off of GC in the latest iOS under settings and then Game Center. But logging out on one device won't affect the status on another device. Nor did logging in and out of GC have any impact on me not seeing people. Like I said it was only when I played around with older versions of GC that it seemed to change.

The only suggestion I'd have for you, if that 4S isn't important to you and just an old one laying around, is to try restoring it to factory default (I think that's maybe iOS5 although I am sure it will want to update to iOS9) . Then use your AppleID to restore the device and login to GC with your account you have your farm linked to. You should be able to see the individual friends in any version of iOS the 4S can run. Maybe you'll get lucky too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick[Supercell] View Post
    I have reported this to the guys, but so far we haven't been able to detect anything on our side. :/ I'll keep you posted if I hear something new.

Recommended is to reconnect to GC & FB and see if that helps. Also make sure you have all latest updates installed.

I just learned that one person had the same problem with his baby farm - it had "stolen" the FB & GC friends. So, he had to unbind the Facebook & GC accounts from his baby farm and re-bind them with his normal farm. That may happen when you fiddle around with multiple farms. Our support should be able to fix if that's the case.

Cheers,

Nick
    Quote Originally Posted by SmallChange View Post
    About 50-70% of mine are missing.

I have the latest update.

I have only ever had one farm.
    same here, one farm only, latest updates. In fact they disappeared just after I installed the latest update. No Facebook ever, only GC.
    I have retried logging out, rebooting etc to no avail. It is now a week since this happened.
    50-70% missing too.
    Some of the ones I am missing are friends from when I first started playing nearly 5 years ago.
    Last edited by Gymgirl4a; 1 Day Ago at 03:03 AM.

Farm Level 151. Town 44. Farm ID is Y2GPJQGJ .😊

Quote Originally Posted by FruitDaddy View Post
    You can log off of GC in the latest iOS under settings and then Game Center. But logging out on one device won't affect the status on another device. Nor did logging in and out of GC have any impact on me not seeing people. Like I said it was only when I played around with older versions of GC that it seemed to change.

The only suggestion I'd have for you, if that 4S isn't important to you and just an old one laying around, is to try restoring it to factory default (I think that's maybe iOS5 although I am sure it will want to update to iOS9) . Then use your AppleID to restore the device and login to GC with your account you have your farm linked to. You should be able to see the individual friends in any version of iOS the 4S can run. Maybe you'll get lucky too.
    You're right :/ I tried to logoff and logon again on the 6S and it did not work.
    I forgot a "small" problem: my 4S has the wi-fi permanently disabled (it's a hardware problem), more that I am not able anymore to turn it on. :| I could go to the Apple store and see if they can turn it on at least....

Do you think it might be worth if I can have the chance to login with my game center account on someone else's iphone or ipad, that has iOS 9 or earlier, I can try to play around deleting old contacts and then logoff and on again on my 6S and see if it works?
    It's quite annoying to play with plenty of contacts missing

Centennial Club
    I believe any attempts to get them back will be futile unfortunately. For everyone.

Supercell games are clearly not the only ones affected. In reading elsewhere relevant to other games, coinciding with the security update to iOS 11.2.2, Apple reduced the number of GC friends able to be seen to 100. The list of who you can see was prioritized by points (i.e. ALL games currently or previously played by that person and achievements). This also explains why many folks can't see other players who can still see them: it merely depended in where they ranked as friends with points on each others GC.

Those of you who have lost everyone, like I had originally, I think are going to be limited to trying to somehow prompt GC and Hay Day to re-link. Either by changing something using an older device or disconnecting and reconnecting from FB etc. While I had no qualms doing so for my farm as I figured I'd lost everyone already anyways, I obviously can't guarantee that you won't do further damage to the few you have remaining if you haven't lost everyone.

At this point I don't think this really qualifies as a Hay Day Bug but should just act as an impetus for an expansion to our in-game friends limit.

Quote Originally Posted by FruitDaddy View Post
    I believe any attempts to get them back will be futile unfortunately. For everyone.

Supercell games are clearly not the only ones affected. In reading elsewhere relevant to other games, coinciding with the security update to iOS 11.2.2, Apple reduced the number of GC friends able to be seen to 100. The list of who you can see was prioritized by points (i.e. ALL games currently or previously played by that person and achievements). This also explains why many folks can't see other players who can still see them: it merely depended in where they ranked as friends with points on each others GC.

Those of you who have lost everyone, like I had originally, I think are going to be limited to trying to somehow prompt GC and Hay Day to re-link. Either by changing something using an older device or disconnecting and reconnecting from FB etc. While I had no qualms doing so for my farm as I figured I'd lost everyone already anyways, I obviously can't guarantee that you won't do further damage to the few you have remaining if you haven't lost everyone.

At this point I don't think this really qualifies as a Hay Day Bug but should just act as an impetus for an expansion to our in-game friends limit.
    I have less than 100 left. Some who disappeared were older players who no longer play many games but others were very active in Hay Day as well as other games.
    definitely seems relayed to the latest update from Apple though.
    Last edited by Gymgirl4a; 14 Hours Ago at 06:18 AM.

Farm Level 151. Town 44. Farm ID is Y2GPJQGJ .😊

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Gymgirl4a View Post
    I have less than 100 left. Some who disappeared were older players who no longer play many games but others were very active in Hay Day as well as other games.
    definitely seems relayed to the latest update from Apple though.
    I too have less than 100 now showing in Hay Day, but if I use an old device it will show 100 friends when I open GC. Many of those 100 simply no longer play Hay Day. The trimming of the list had nothing to do sadly with each game. In fact on a device with 5.1.1 it is still possible to actually see all the players I had friended by clicking on the Hay Day logo itself and showing all the players.

The biggest issue with the cut off method they used was how you earned points way back in GC. Some games simply score more points than others because they have more achievements. So people who no longer play those other games but play Hay Day frequently have very few points causing folks to lose their baby farms for example as a friend in their list. While people who play other games often and earn achievements all the time but no longer play Hay Day will still appear because they have a massive amount of points.

The thing I haven't tested yet is whether bumping a current friend who doesn't play Hay Day in my top 100 off the list will actually force a different one in there. I am somewhat reluctant to try tbh and am just hoping Nick can eventually give us some good news that our in-game friends limit has been increased to compensate.

Hi, my FB are,not missing only GC, contacted support but no response. Not surprised