Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Boat crates

Boat crates

I made two trips thru the DD, found total of 13 boats, all needing 33 cream. Yikes
    Very hard for even the most avid helper to help boats requesting the same items.
    Once we give at one, there's none left.

Do you do dairy boats or send them out?

If you're big into helping, do you deposit dairy?
    loping to ? 🐴
    ~Gertie~
    Level: closer to 300 than 200
    Barn/silo: Nice square footage

2.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #2
    I do not help anyone needing dairy. I cast mine away as well if not a PP boat. I won't flag it either. I don't feel right asking others to give up precious dairy. I take full responsibility of bad boats I choose to keep. LOL.
    Last edited by ilovehayday; January 12th, 2018 at 11:10 PM.
    Level 100! 6/28/16 won the pearl 12/31/14 won the windmill 2/3/15
    Thank you to ClashOfHolmes for my cool banner

Forum Superstar
    My own: Send off, unless PP boat
    Other people's crates: Help sometimes, if I have it and don't need it right that moment. Not often, though.
    Last edited by EllunaHellen; January 12th, 2018 at 11:19 PM.
    Hay Day farm level 88 -Town Reputation level 20
    Farm ID #298YQQ2QU
    11/12 sanctuary animals- 6 adults, 5 babies (SOON!!!!) - Done gathering expansion permits
    Started September 2014! (not in a hurry.)
    Mini farm started on April 24th, 2018! ~Level 47/Rep 12~

i typically won't fill my own boats that ask for cream or cheese, and therefore do not fill them for others either. it is rare i ever have enough dairy items to fill what the boats ask for.
    Join our hood: Anchor Down / Yellow Ship Wheel on Blue Circle / Tag #80CGC2Y8

Yup, this is what I thought and stated earlier. My staples go straight to production. I have no extra. If I accumulated enough for my boat, I would stifle my own production.
    And, those of us that have played way too long know this is part of the game, everyone needing the same item for boat. Makes it more "challenging".
    I have deposited over 600 items into crates for strangers today and not o e was dairy, sugar, seafood or sauce. Nope.

*eta, interestingly, the majority I found are in very large hoods & their hood mates are not filling crates.

New trip thru and all but one boat needing help needs, you guessed it, fish!
    Last edited by Gertie777; January 12th, 2018 at 11:40 PM. Reason: *eta
    loping to ? 🐴
    ~Gertie~

I sometimes help people on my friends list, but only will consider doing so if they have filled at least one crate themselves. Mark all 3 or all 4, no help from me.

I am only able to do so because I have a helper farm and occassionally trade sems or bems for dairy.
    Last edited by illinirick; January 13th, 2018 at 01:26 AM.
    Level 189 Town 56
    139/141
    2 fish to finish book; Playing since 2/1/16

Nope! The only dairy boats I fill are puzzle boats, and I will occasionally fill a butter crate for someone if I have a lot of extra butter (and plenty of cream so I don't run our of those replenishing butter. The cream crates always ask for too much (10-11 each) is very difficult but 4-6 butter for a crates is occasionally doable without grinding my farm to a halt.
    Last edited by Rebecca1519; January 13th, 2018 at 01:43 AM.
    Farm: Nature's Haven
    Level: 138
    NH: Godric's Hollow

Well, I will never comprehend people keeping boats asking for staples and other hard to get items.
    A couple weeks ago I played in a hood with some old friends. Lol. One woman had a goat cheese boat followed by a boat asking for cream and soy sauce. She kept both, didn't use Tom, consequently lost both boats. She was very upset that we (hood) didn't give her the items. Omg, goat cheese? I have never made one, I "buy" them from Tom.
    Anyway, she was so angry she kinda ruined the tempo of the game. Well, I was just as angry that she didn't use better judgement.
    A lot of people make this game much harder than it is.

I have always thought it strange for someone to flag boats asking for obscure items, they have hours to prepare, don't, yet expect the items to be given to them. For me, it's akin to asking for money.
    Last edited by Gertie777; January 13th, 2018 at 02:27 AM.
    loping to ? 🐴
    ~Gertie~

I don't fill dairy, sugar, fish, lobster or feather boat crates ever. I will not do these for myself, even for a puzzle piece, so definitely not for anyone else either. If I get a boat containing any of these abominations, I wave good bye to it within a few seconds .
    Level 95 | Town Reputation 30 | #2LVLL2PV
    Completed Scorched Earth Challenge Twice
    Of Chill Reputations

My kind of farmer Rose. When I see lids up on so many boats requesting these items, I SMH. Violently.
    One day, they will learn.
    loping to ? 🐴
    ~Gertie~