Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I give up

I give up

We continue to get matched against th11s in war. I've tried to remain optimistic that SC would find a reasonable MM fix since it seemed to be a priority for them but I'm done. We usually have a handful of TH10s in our lineup and we almost always see one or more th11s buried in the enemy lineup that just steamroll through our top bases. I'm sure I'll continue to log in to collect resources and such for a while anyway but war was by far the most entertaining part of coc for me and that experience has been completely ruined. Oh well, the game was fun while it lasted. Have fun everyone!

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Starscream1 View Post
    We continue to get matched against th11s in war. I've tried to remain optimistic that SC would find a reasonable MM fix since it seemed to be a priority for them but I'm done. We usually have a handful of TH10s in our lineup and we almost always see one or more th11s buried in the enemy lineup that just steamroll through our top bases. I'm sure I'll continue to log in to collect resources and such for a while anyway but war was by far the most entertaining part of coc for me and that experience has been completely ruined. Oh well, the game was fun while it lasted. Have fun everyone!
    Thanks, and best of luck to you. All successful people I know, got there by quitting when times were difficult.

star scream, bfore throwing in the towel, why not upgrade your villages to th11 and upgrade your lab so you can use power potions when you meet engineered clans? If that doesn't work, then throw in the towel.

You will still be th10's for all intents and purposes but have the option of th11 troops if you need them. That was SuperCells remedy to engineering. That cannot take anything away from these players, but they can give everybody else a better tool!
    Last edited by SuperStorm103; January 12th, 2018 at 07:15 PM.
    DeathStorm-10|22/23|2148*|FireStorm-10|17/20|2178*|SuperStorm-9|13/15|2147*
    DragonStorm-9|8/8|1529*|PerfectStorm-9|8/10|1428*|BrainStorm-10|10/16|1452*

Matchmaking is not that bad and th per se means nothing
    anyway good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Starscream1 View Post
    While I agree changes should be made so this doesn’t happen, have your handful of th10s considered moving to th11? If no, why not? What about at least to get the lab so they can use a potion to attack with max th11 troops when needed?
    Th11 here, several other accounts th8-10. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Some tips/thoughts on Legends here. Engineers aren't the problem, they are the symptom of a problematic matchmaker. My Legends hope: Legends2 5000-5999, Legends1 6000+ PvP with no loot or create a new 3rd trophy ladder for PvP (so no PvP in Legends) again with no loot, but then still Legends1 starting at 6000 cups, reset is 6000 not 5000. Contact SC here

Once again guys, advocating upgrading TH and lab. Whilst I have no doubt of your integrity, and its just a tool to combat engineers as required, not all will see it that way. These clan games would appear to be a weekly thing now, whereby restocking the potions wont, it would appear so far, be a problem. So the new breed of engineer will develope, since TH and lab carry no weight penalty in war.. EDIT.. I will take it a little further. For every person that responds to these threads, there are many that read but dont post on the threads. It is my firm belief that engineering would not have been anywhere near its current proportions if it were not for the countless threads posted here about how successful engineering was. Therefore, a new "engineering tool" has now been unleashed on the war scene.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; January 13th, 2018 at 01:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    Once again guys, advocating upgrading TH and lab. Whilst I have no doubt of your integrity, and its just a tool to combat engineers as required, not all will see it that way. These clan games would appear to be a weekly thing now, whereby restocking the potions wont, it would appear so far, be a problem. So the new breed of engineer will develope, since TH and lab carry no weight penalty in war.
    I can’t tell if you are saying OP’s clan should try having those th10s go to th11 rather than quitting or not?
    Th11 here, several other accounts th8-10. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Some tips/thoughts on Legends here. Engineers aren't the problem, they are the symptom of a problematic matchmaker. My Legends hope: Legends2 5000-5999, Legends1 6000+ PvP with no loot or create a new 3rd trophy ladder for PvP (so no PvP in Legends) again with no loot, but then still Legends1 starting at 6000 cups, reset is 6000 not 5000. Contact SC here

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    Once again guys, advocating upgrading TH and lab. Whilst I have no doubt of your integrity, and its just a tool to combat engineers as required, not all will see it that way. These clan games would appear to be a weekly thing now, whereby restocking the potions wont, it would appear so far, be a problem. So the new breed of engineer will develope, since TH and lab carry no weight penalty in war.
    Which is a good guess at SC’s intentions. They cannot solve the mm algorithm, so they give other ways for smarter people to play. I said for a long time engineering/optimizing was a smarter way than maxing. Now, SC is giving people an option to engineer as needed. Maxers complained we cannot unbuild our defenses, now everyone can make choices as how to progress.

Either by accident or by design, this can mitigate the rushers issue and let people be more competitive.

Face it...War matchmaking is still broken. Most mods here have a tongue kiss relationship with Supercell and argue against most posts here about war matchups. We play fair with no engineered bases but with some 0.5. We won 6 in a row with some very close wars...but the seventh war I guess Supercell MM decided to match us against an engineered clan with 0 wins. Enemy Engineered clan had lots of ties and some losses against probably better engineered clans. Note to self: The higher the fair wins you get then throw in an engineered base on your side.

Quote Originally Posted by UR4IC View Post
    Face it...War matchmaking is still broken. Most mods here have a tongue kiss relationship with Supercell and argue against most posts here about war matchups. We play fair with no engineered bases but with some 0.5. We won 6 in a row with some very close wars...but the seventh war I guess Supercell MM decided to match us against an engineered clan with 0 wins. Enemy Engineered clan had lots of ties and some losses against probably better engineered clans. Note to self: The higher the fair wins you get then throw in an engineered base on your side.
    Can you direct me to some of those moderator posts where they said there was nothing wrong with the war matchmaker or it needed no improvements, etc? I can’t recall any moderator ever saying that.