Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possible Engineering Fix?

Possible Engineering Fix?

Has the idea of a dps penalty for attacking below your town hall level been discussed? Something similar to the loot penalty for multiplayer attacks, just a percentage reduction of your army's damage when attacking a town hall lower than your own in war.

As an example, if a town hall 10 attacks a town hall 9, his troops, spells, and heros do 10% less damage than if he were attacking a town hall 10 or 11. The 10% is just a random number I threw in, it could be 3% or 30% or 13%, but the idea is the same, no matter the number.

Also, it could be scaled up for dropping 2, 3, or more levels below your own.

Not that specifically, but people have suggested capping troop levels at the target TH appropriate ones. You'll probably find the idea runs into quite a bit of resistance on here - as any actual change to the game always does. But without something like this the MM is never going to make people happy. While the game supports 1 player spamming another for an automatic perfect score, there's always going to be cases where the match allows that.
    Forum cup organiser. The forum cup discord server is: https://discord.gg/KEUxV2e

New Bloke/Chick
    OP I like this idea!
    I also think supercell could cap the result of attacking a TH below you to 2 stars in war.
    Both achieves the same idea - penalize the engineers who are looking for easy attacks on the TH below them.

Banned
    If you think SC struggles with a general matchmaking process, I think it’s a great idea to add more complexity to the process. I am sure there will be no issues in a flawless execution of a whole new dps metric.

And I would never be someone who then would roster engineer to gain an advantage.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by JakeSanford View Post
    Has the idea of a dps penalty for attacking below your town hall level been discussed? Something similar to the loot penalty for multiplayer attacks, just a percentage reduction of your army's damage when attacking a town hall lower than your own in war.

As an example, if a town hall 10 attacks a town hall 9, his troops, spells, and heros do 10% less damage than if he were attacking a town hall 10 or 11. The 10% is just a random number I threw in, it could be 3% or 30% or 13%, but the idea is the same, no matter the number.

Also, it could be scaled up for dropping 2, 3, or more levels below your own.
    Any suggestion of MM change based on a meaningless building such as the townhall is a non starter. For instance, my maxxed TH8, just upgraded to TH9, with zero TH9 offense, nor the AQ. Why should the attack be reduced by 10% damage if I attack a TH8? It may help to read the sticky thread about the match making.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenSpa View Post
    Any suggestion of MM change based on a meaningless building such as the townhall is a non starter. For instance, my maxxed TH8, just upgraded to TH9, with zero TH9 offense, nor the AQ. Why should the attack be reduced by 10% damage if I attack a TH8? It may help to read the sticky thread about the match making.
    Which is why the alternative suggestion of limiting your new TH9 to TH8 troops (which it has anyway) when attacking a TH8 works better.
    Forum cup organiser. The forum cup discord server is: https://discord.gg/KEUxV2e

Quote Originally Posted by Ripple1972 View Post
    If you think SC struggles with a general matchmaking process, I think it’s a great idea to add more complexity to the process. I am sure there will be no issues in a flawless execution of a whole new dps metric.

And I would never be someone who then would roster engineer to gain an advantage.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenSpa View Post
    Not really saying anything about changing the match making process. And I have read the matchmaking FAQ thread, which got me to thinking about this as a possible solution to the problem many people have with engineering.

As a counter to the argument against basing it on the attacker's town hall, base it on their lab instead, possibly.

Really, just trying to start a conversation about an idea I've not seen mentioned.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JakeSanford View Post
    Not really saying anything about changing the match making process. And I have read the matchmaking FAQ thread, which got me to thinking about this as a possible solution to the problem many people have with engineering.

As a counter to the argument against basing it on the attacker's town hall, base it on their lab instead, possibly.

Really, just trying to start a conversation about an idea I've not seen mentioned.
    You are (as many others have) trying to fix a symptom. Not the cause.

Engineering is a method of building your base in an effort to optimize your strengths vs. your opponent based upon the match making.

If you fix the match making, you eliminate the advantage of engineering. There are numerous examples of ways to do this. SC has decided that the best way is to make small incremental changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripple1972 View Post
    You are (as many others have) trying to fix a symptom. Not the cause.

Engineering is a method of building your base in an effort to optimize your strengths vs. your opponent based upon the match making.

If you fix the match making, you eliminate the advantage of engineering. There are numerous examples of ways to do this. SC has decided that the best way is to make small incremental changes.
    Totally agree with this sentiment. Well-spoken.

--

Separate thought:

One common complaint people have about unfair war matchups is "They have x number of TH11s and we only have y number of TH11s." I know you it isn't the be-all, end-all determining factor on who will win the war - but if it allows 10s to hit 9s, 9s to hit 8s, etc then it's no longer a skill vs. skill determination of who will win the war. Maybe as a start SC should throw out any matchups the MM thinks is fair when the TH11 difference is greater than 1.

Also already been suggested by yours truly....months ago....lol.

Pretty sure over the last 1.5 years we have touched on every possible scenario (more then once) and nothing came of it. They went with "power potions" instead. Which I think was a good move. Everybody can be an engineer now with minimal effort with hardly any long term risks.
    Last edited by SuperStorm103; January 12th, 2018 at 11:37 PM.
    DeathStorm-10|22/23|2148*|FireStorm-10|17/20|2178*|SuperStorm-9|13/15|2147*
    DragonStorm-9|8/8|1529*|PerfectStorm-9|8/10|1428*|BrainStorm-10|10/16|1452*