Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Sick of long archer attacks!!!

  1. #21
    Pro Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Bournemouth, UK
    Posts
    651
    Is it cos upset ppl r using their boost n archer attax drains it?

  2. #22
    Millennial Club Realsies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    (づ。◕ ‿ ◕。)づ
    Posts
    1,053
    Quote Originally Posted by Affront View Post
    So, you are late to the rushing game (some of us rushed to bh4,5,6 and 7) or you are not taking loot every day or you think that you NEED DropShips to win.

    Barbarians and Archers bring you a long, long way.. and though you might annoy the opponent (for me, a mission in and of itself) you will win 3 out of 5-7 battles a day.

    /Affront
    I'm not late, I refused to because the concept of metas is stupid and that's not just in PVP games

    Using the same army every time is lame too
    h

  3. #23
    No, I'M BATMAN!
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    6,666
    Quote Originally Posted by Realsies View Post
    I'm not late, I refused to because the concept of metas is stupid and that's not just in PVP games

    Using the same army every time is lame too

    "Late" or "refuse" really is the same thing .. you are behind the curve and you are mad about it.

    I indicate, that Archers or Barbarians are fast and cheap to get maxed out, and that they will ensure a painless transition to other army compositions sooner or later.

    There MIGHT be a "meta" in Builder Base, but .. when one type of attack becomes popular, base designs change to combat it, which makes other armies highly efficient ..

    /Affront
    TH11-50/50/20|BH8-14.14.14.16.14.14.15.15.16.0/25| Farm with US | full stats

  4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Realsies View Post
    I'm not late, I refused to because the concept of metas is stupid and that's not just in PVP games
    So you refuse to rush because of something which doesn't really exist in this game, but which if it did would have nothing to do with rushing?????

    Using the same army every time is lame too
    So vary it.

    Tat is entirely your choice, though you do need to have a few troops at decent levels if you want to do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

  5. #25
    I think you're all missing the mark. I've isolated the root complaint from Justpushyouoff's post below.

    Quote Originally Posted by Justpushyouoff View Post
    We need a give up button at least so when the opponent gets more stars or % than you, you can give up start a new match so all your clock tower boost doesn't get wasted
    Justpushyouoff is not complaining about archer attacks or how to avoid them or how to get a better base layout.

    Why isn't there an option to see an opponent's progress during a versus battle? Unless you're running a mission from a Clan Games Event or trying to get a Builder Hall achievement there's no difference between a 1%-no-star-win and a 100%-three-star-win. They're both wins.

    I can't tell you how many times I've wasted my own clock tower boost time by trying to get the highest star and percentage only to find out my opponent disconnected with a 0%

    Or vice versa. I've lost connection and jumped back in unable to play (which is another gripe for a different thread), but I bet you that if there was a way that my opponent couldve seen that I got 0% they wouldve ended the battle. Why? because nobody like wasting boost time. I'll reiterate the purpose of this thread:

    Why isnt there an option to see an opponent's progress in versus mode? Can anyone see a downside to such a thing? Is there anybody else that would love to see this option added?

  6. #26
    Senior Member jskoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    planet earth... or general vicinity
    Posts
    230
    Honestly OP, not sure how much levels and such really matter. There are a number of folks on the BB forum who think wins/losses are predetermined anyway. The algorithm seems to determine what trophy range you stay in and no matter who you face, their troop/defensive levels or skill/lack of skill you will win or lose in order to be kept in that trophy range. I do not consider this "rigged" but needed to keep the different trophy tiers consistent and the clouding to a minimum.

    And yes, there should be a simple surrender button that ends the battle. - simple, simple, simple. (for an automatic loss of course) then the frustratingly frustrating waste of time goes away and people can actually be happy and make candy clash fun again
    No (written) rules were violated in the creation of this post!

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    239
    Imagine when we get to BB11 in 3 years, and the sneaky archers have like 20 seconds of invisibility, how bad the trickling epidemic will be. I hate tricklers!

  8. #28
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by smuckerskp View Post
    Yeah, the duration of the attack is annoying, but I'm happy to see those attacks on my base. I've started keeping track of the attacks on my base in a spreadsheet so I can log what attacks do what damage. Mass-Archer attacks are currently averaging 55% 1-Stars against my base. I should be able to beat that every time.
    You keep track on a spreadsheet?!? Wow! I've been playing this game for years and I don't think I could spend even more time figuring out stuff outside the game like that

  9. #29
    Millennial Club Realsies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    (づ。◕ ‿ ◕。)づ
    Posts
    1,053
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    So you refuse to rush because of something which doesn't really exist in this game, but which if it did would have nothing to do with rushing?????
    I'm saying rushing itself is the meta, and metas as a concept is stupid because the game becomes "find/follow the meta or lose" instead of being a strategy game
    Last edited by Realsies; January 14th, 2018 at 07:44 AM. Reason: felt like I was being too snarky
    h

  10.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Realsies View Post
    I'm saying rushing itself is the meta, and metas as a concept is stupid because the game becomes "find/follow the meta or lose" instead of being... you know... a strategy game
    OK, I understand what you are saying now.

    I don't agree that rushing can really be considered a "meta" in the normal use of the word, but I get your point.

    You don't want to rush because it is what most people do. Which is fair enough, except that there is a reason why most people rush. It is only one part of the overall strategy, there is still plenty of choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •