Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: The worst match-up I've ever come across!! :(

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    War ended.
    Result- Victory. Yay!!!
    Stars- 53-47.
    Attacks used-- Us(38/40) enemy(36/40)
    Total destruction- 94.55%- 83.45%.

They took a huge break after using 17 attacks. And they started attacking in last 2 hrs. And many of them failed miserably. They could not even 2* our th 10's with maxed out troops.

I just understood Confidence is something that matters in war. You lose it, You lost the war.

Thanks to SuperStorm for helping us and boosting our confidence level.
    Stay blessed Storm. You are a kind person.
    Wooohooo! Well done lady! Congratulations. Well done!

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripple1972 View Post
    Shocking, another early call of worst match ever ends in a win. Congrats.
    Well, final score really doesn't say a lot about the fairness of the match. Who is to say what the other team is capable of. I have seen a few wars that were legit horrible matches, only trumped by the utter lack of skill the team with advantage had.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Clark11308 View Post
    Well, final score really doesn't say a lot about the fairness of the match. Who is to say what the other team is capable of. I have seen a few wars that were legit horrible matches, only trumped by the utter lack of skill the team with advantage had.
    Agreed, just like listing th’s or evaluating a match before it starts doesn’t give much information.
    There have been terrible matches, I was in a clan that had an advantage 95% of the time.

However I just don’t understand the complaining before a match starts. Mike Tyson vs. Buster Douglas

I think it mostly comes from lack of information. Itís tough to break down a match when nothing matches. Most people only consider offense. And just assume the other clan will blow them away. They miss that they are defensively superior. So people just need look past town halls and offense before jumping to conclusions.

Nothing wrong with expecting to match something close to your roster only to match something completely different.

Judging by the competitiveness of our warlog (and we face primarily engineered clans) the war finder seems to be in a good place (from a 20 v or 30v th11-th9 roster point of view)
    Last edited by SuperStorm103; January 13th, 2018 at 11:04 PM.

Centennial Club
    Shocking, another early call of worst match ever ends in a win. Congrats.
    I do not think itís apporpriate to look at the result to judge the matchmaker. So if a clan of 50 maxed TH11s lost to a clan with 50 maxed TH7s cause they didnít use a single raid, youíd be like, yep, fair match?
    The poker player that goes all-in with a 7-2 and is called by aces is the better player cause 3 7s come on the flop? Iíd love to,play poker with you. :-)

Just because the OPs clan is more skilled by at least one order of magnitude does not justify the inability for the SC programmers inability to fix this stuff.

I want the wars to be as matched as fair as possible so you simply only need to slightly out-skill the other side in order to win.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees095 View Post
    I do not think it’s apporpriate to look at the result to judge the matchmaker. So if a clan of 50 maxed TH11s lost to a clan with 50 maxed TH7s cause they didn’t use a single raid, you’d be like, yep, fair match?
    The poker player that goes all-in with a 7-2 and is called by aces is the better player cause 3 7s come on the flop? I’d love to,play poker with you. :-)

Just because the OPs clan is more skilled by at least one order of magnitude does not justify the inability for the SC programmers inability to fix this stuff.

I want the wars to be as matched as fair as possible so you simply only need to slightly out-skill the other side in order to win.
    I would like fair matchups as well. More times than not, the complaints about matchups made before the match starts prove to be incorrect. Matching an engineered, baby hero, one attack clan is probably a fair matchup to a well organized, skillful clan. Regardless of being outnumbered by wardens or th’s.

Your 2 examples while humorous mean nothing. Neither one will ever happen. The mm is not that broke, and I’m guessing we play for different stakes.

Centennial Club
    I would like fair matchups as well. More times than not, the complaints about matchups made before the match starts prove to be incorrect. Matching an engineered, baby hero, one attack clan is probably a fair matchup to a well organized, skillful clan. Regardless of being outnumbered by wardens or th’s.

Your 2 examples while humorous mean nothing. Neither one will ever happen. The mm is not that broke, and I’m guessing we play for different stakes.
    You judged the matchmaker based on a war result. While a 72-71 result may indeed be cause of two equally skilled clans warring with near equal offense and defense, it’s also possible the clan that won may have been so skilled they were able to overcome a sizable mismatch.

You are right my examples were extreme. But it was to open your eyes that results do not necessarily prove the matchmakers success. We do agree that this war may or may not be an equal matchup.

And youre likely right about the level level of poker we each play. Or certainly our success at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    War ended.
    Result- Victory. Yay!!!
    Stars- 53-47.
    Attacks used-- Us(38/40) enemy(36/40)
    Total destruction- 94.55%- 83.45%.

They took a huge break after using 17 attacks. And they started attacking in last 2 hrs. And many of them failed miserably. They could not even 2* our th 10's with maxed out troops.

I just understood Confidence is something that matters in war. You lose it, You lost the war.

Thanks to SuperStorm for helping us and boosting our confidence level.
    Stay blessed Storm. You are a kind person.
    I'm pleased this one turned out positively for you m'lady.
    I can vouch for Storm as well... top bloke. He visited my clan a while back and gave us tips on how to counter a match up we got that was inherently lopsided. We won as well.

I also agree - confidence is a huge part of wars - when you are on your game, there are more carparks made on the enemy war map than you could shake a stick at.
    If you start out strong with 5 or 6 good triples, it immediately puts doubt into your opponents minds.

So to avoid us being on the receiving end, we pile in early doors and put the 'you know what' up them.
    (Doesn't always work but you can't win 'em all).
    Skrivo
    TH11
    Leader of war clan vVv

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees095 View Post
    You judged the matchmaker based on a war result. While a 72-71 result may indeed be cause of two equally skilled clans warring with near equal offense and defense, it’s also possible the clan that won may have been so skilled they were able to overcome a sizable mismatch.

You are right my examples were extreme. But it was to open your eyes that results do not necessarily prove the matchmakers success. We do agree that this war may or may not be an equal matchup.

And youre likely right about the level level of poker we each play. Or certainly our success at it.
    So we can’t use results, we can’t just look at th’s, how exactly would you measure the mm success?
    There are a lot of variables, and everyone can give examples to support random positions. I am just tired of seeing daily posts that turn out to be off.

Centennial Club
    So we can’t use results, we can’t just look at th’s, how exactly would you measure the mm success?
    There are a lot of variables, and everyone can give examples to support random positions. I am just tired of seeing daily posts that turn out to be off.
    If you want to simply look at results, have at it. It seemed to me, and correct me if I misread your intent, that you were saying the OPs take on an unfair matchup was incorrect cause they won. Since I didn’t go in to the war and use my own metric, you very well may be correct. However, isn’t it also possible the OP was dead on correct, the matchup was bad, just they were so much more skilled they pulled it out.

My gut feel, hardly scientific, but based on what I’ve experienced, I’d say option two is actually more likely.

I myself have seen many clans with an offensive and defensive advantage still lose cause one clan was so much more skilled than the other.

Id like to think my clan is pretty good, but put us against one-hive, give us an edge on both sides of the ball, and we’d still,lose. Skill does matter. Just not as much in SC world as I’d like it too. (Though if you consider gaming the system a skill, okay, there is that.)