Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Animated images in signature picture

Did you felt that cold breeze behind your head? Yeah, that was me...

Animated images in signature picture

Sooooo I thank "well, if now forums let you to posts animated images on threads, why not having a gif in the signature"?

However, when I tried, a vBulletin message appears, with the message "You may not upload animated images.". Why we can use gifs on posts but not in signatures?
    Last edited by JcttehTheWise; 1 Week Ago at 09:05 AM.
    ​Well... I used to be an active CR forumer, but now that oficial CR forums are closed, I almost moved to communityroyale.com
    Anyway, you can request some of my no-sense art clicking here...
    Trust me... it's not shabby...seriously...

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    We only started allowing it in posts recently.

And why didn't you read the rules? It is quite clear that animated Gifs are NOT allowed in signatures or avatars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    We only started allowing it in posts recently.

And why didn't you read the rules? It is quite clear that animated Gifs are NOT allowed in signatures or avatars.
    He meant why are they not allowed, any particular reason? The rule doesn't state that.

Sig courtesy of TheShadow626!

Smirk is my sword. Smirk is my shield.

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #4
    It doesn't.

Nor do most of our rules state reasons - there are further explanations of teh rules in the sticky in Firum Talk, with this one being here - https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post10991900

But the main reason is that animated gifs are often annoying to many people, and also take up more bandwidth. In posts, it is acceptable because each post is a one-off (except where quoted), but in signatures and avatars it would appear on every post you make, and for frequent posters it would very quickly become exceedingly annoying.

And the reason I asked why he didn't read the rules wasn't him asking for the reason, it was because he said he tried it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

I can see why it's not, it would be pretty annoying.

awww