Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Is it worth to only upgrade the attack and ignore the defense ?

  1. #1
    Fresh Spawn
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    4

    Question Is it worth to only upgrade the attack and ignore the defense ?

    What I see with my own base it that it's attacked once or twice a day only by players of higher or much higher level who can win easily and they take an amount of resource corresponding approximatively to the upgrade of a single building and a single unit (for the gold).
    So shouldn't I spend all my resources on upgrading my means of attack ? or would I be attacked and lose resource so often that it wouldn't be worth. Considering the number of times my base is explored per day (1 or 2) it seems like the best strategy to progress faster.

  2. #2
    Millennial Club WhirlwindFury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Cutting horse capital of the world
    Posts
    1,132
    I started a new base about a month ago (Funnel Cloud) ad it’s now at hq12. I really don’t care about defense at this stage and rarely focus on it. In order to not hit a wall as you continue along the upgrading path you need to keep your offense always upgraded as much as possible. Make daily plans to maximize offensive upgrades daily. Then only upgrade defenses during short periods of downtime. As a majority of you offensive upgrades are completed and all remaining ones are very expensive requiring multi day planning, then you can focus more on defensive upgrades in between. Yeah it gets old getting raided all the time and never defending but if you stick with it you’ll be maxed in about a year. Then you’ll need to come up with some other challenges / plans to keep you engaged in the game.

    For me, I’ve chose to max my account but going no higher than radar 6 and keeping all the other radar levels with their respective clouds in reserve for a vp leaderboard push.
    The Silo #9RJ2YGVQ
    VP Leaderboard Planning-Prepping-Pushing
    Now Specializing in Radar Clouds & Statue Swapping Strategies


  3. #3
    Forum Superstar Phoenix1027's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    3,224
    Quote Originally Posted by megatom View Post
    What I see with my own base it that it's attacked once or twice a day only by players of higher or much higher level who can win easily and they take an amount of resource corresponding approximatively to the upgrade of a single building and a single unit (for the gold).
    So shouldn't I spend all my resources on upgrading my means of attack ? or would I be attacked and lose resource so often that it wouldn't be worth. Considering the number of times my base is explored per day (1 or 2) it seems like the best strategy to progress faster.
    As long as you're attacking strategically then absolutely, defense is pointless and all resources should be spent on offensive upgrades. If you have some time I recommend reading through my guide on this very topic. I stuck to this guide religiously while upgrading my second account and still have not built a single defensive building or any of the mines on that account, and it's now at HQ 19.

    You can find my guide by following this link: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...-to-Boom-Beach
    https://forum-content.supercell.com/signaturepics/sigpic1628699_2.gif
    Boom Beach - maxed and retired
    Clash of Clans | TH9 | BK 15 | AQ 20 |
    Clash Royale | Arena 8 | 64/81 cards |

  4. #4
    Fresh Spawn
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by WhirlwindFury View Post
    Yeah it gets old getting raided all the time and never defending but if you stick with it you’ll be maxed in about a year.
    So it takes a year to reach level 65 ?! jeez I'm player level 30 and it took what... 2 weeks with 2 team of builders. I guess upgrades are going to become longer and longer. My HQ is level 12 and I've got 255 medals.

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix1027 View Post
    As long as you're attacking strategically then absolutely, defense is pointless and all resources should be spent on offensive upgrades.
    Okay I read it, thanks. Not sure how long I'll continue playing because when there's nothing to attack I get bored and you're advising to not attack everything all the time.

  5. #5
    Millennial Club WhirlwindFury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Cutting horse capital of the world
    Posts
    1,132
    Don’t make the game boring to play! If attacking everything all the time is what you like, then by all means go for it. Just know there are many different phases of the game you can play so when you do get bored just consider another set of goals to achieve. Most people get bored & quit the game when they play with no specific goals & objectives. Think you’ll find the game more enjoyable if you see progress on a daily basis toward an ultimate goal. But then again just blowing stuff up is good too, just keep in mind it gets old after awhile.
    The Silo #9RJ2YGVQ
    VP Leaderboard Planning-Prepping-Pushing
    Now Specializing in Radar Clouds & Statue Swapping Strategies


  6. #6
    Forum Superstar Phoenix1027's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    3,224
    Quote Originally Posted by megatom View Post
    So it takes a year to reach level 65 ?! jeez I'm player level 30 and it took what... 2 weeks with 2 team of builders. I guess upgrades are going to become longer and longer. My HQ is level 12 and I've got 255 medals.


    Okay I read it, thanks. Not sure how long I'll continue playing because when there's nothing to attack I get bored and you're advising to not attack everything all the time.
    I understand your point of view, that you want to be able to attack attack attack whenever possible but that eventually comes at the cost of not being able to attack at all because you'll hit the VP wall. However, you could always join the hopper network if you'd like to attack more operations. You'll get the chance to move to different task forces throughout the day to help them with operations.
    https://forum-content.supercell.com/signaturepics/sigpic1628699_2.gif
    Boom Beach - maxed and retired
    Clash of Clans | TH9 | BK 15 | AQ 20 |
    Clash Royale | Arena 8 | 64/81 cards |

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •