Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 42

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Fixing FT

  1. #31
    Problem Solver Extraordinaire shivampaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Somewhere. Nowhere. Everywhere.
    Posts
    14,738
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    It is only most noticeable here because of how quiet this forum is otherwise.

    We move more threads between other forums than we do from this one to others.



    Well we can change the text, but we (as mods) can't change the logos ( the one for Forum Talk is the default if no other is assigned).

    But I really don't think there is a significant problem. A very large majority of new members seem to find the game sections of the forums with little or no problem.

    And the fact that the URL starts with the word "forum" probably helps them to identify the fact that this is the Supercell forums.

    I really don't think changing any of that would make a significant difference, although changing text probably wouldn't hurt much.
    I don’t see why it can’t just be tried out. It won’t do any damage. Maybe the logo can’t be changed (it should though?) but you guys can change the forum title and text and also add vB notices right?

    You could also add notices for users who have post fonts between 0 and 10 for example or all users. Hey, you could even setup notices to show to the user on their birthday.

    Notices galore!

  2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #32
    Quote Originally Posted by shivampaw View Post
    I don’t see why it can’t just be tried out. It won’t do any damage. Maybe the logo can’t be changed (it should though?) but you guys can change the forum title and text and also add vB notices right?

    You could also add notices for users who have post fonts between 0 and 10 for example or all users. Hey, you could even setup notices to show to the user on their birthday.

    Notices galore!
    Nope.

    We can change forum titles and text. We don't have Notices in the version of Admin Panel we have. We have announcements, but those are not customisable for who sees them.

    But anyhow all of the above suggestions, so far as I am concerned are solutions looking for a problem.

    From our perception, there is no problem (as I have already said above). So we really have little interest in trying to "fix" it.

    And remember too, we are forum moderators, not administrators. We have been given some of the admin panel powers, but not all, and the main reason we have those is to be able to deal with the semi routine things like IP bans or forum username changes without having to ask the admins each time. We have done more than just that, but it is not our main purpose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

  3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #33
    SharkyFinn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Everywhere. Always watching.
    Posts
    8,935
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix1027 View Post
    I disagree with you wanting things spammed in forum talk, when a simple rework/rewording of the home page could stop or mitigate the number of fresh spawn spamming things in this subforum in the first place and lead them to posting in the proper subforum.
    You've drawn a conclusion that isn't based in reality. There is no "proper subforum" for a Clash Royale post. So exactly how would changing the icon lead them to Reddit?

    The difference is that you don't deal with the spam. We do. This proposal would just cause spam that shouldn't have been posted here to be posted in some sub-forum where it shouldn't be posted, causing more harm and creating more work than it does when it's in Forum Talk. You want Forum Talk pristine. I want a better forum experience for every one. Our priorities are clearly different.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trainfeeb View Post
    what does GIVE ME LEADER PLZ PLZ have to do with forum talk? The post is going to be posted anyway, but you might as well have it in the correct subforum.
    This is a perfect example, because there isn't a correct subforum for GIVE ME LEADER PLZ PLZ, so please explain where you think that particular thread will end up and why it's better for anyone.

    Quote Originally Posted by BlindHaze View Post
    Why do you think they’ll end up anywhere else? What evidence do you have that suggests they will? I think it’s unlikely they’ll start posting in Hay Day IFR. Do you know why I think that? Because they don’t do it now.
    I don't. Maybe you've confused me for someone else. My whole point is that changing the icon will change nothing. The OP belives that that changing the icon will cause them to end up somewhere else, some place better. It sounds to me like you're making my point for me. Did you not understand my posts?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdome757 View Post
    I don’t think changing an icon will affect anything. Why not just do as everyone else does? Report the thread and move on. It’s not like there are so many fresh spawns posting wrong here that relevant discussions are being pushed to the next page. Why the big deal?
    Agreed. I just don't get it or see it as a problem that affects anything more than a tiny fringe element of the forum.

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix1027 View Post
    Is nobody understanding OP's point at all? Why are we so insistent on letting a problem continue and deal with the consequences when we can take steps to stop the problem from happening in the first place?
    Because in our opinion, the solution will change nothing. And if somehow we're all incorrect and changing the icon will cause these threads to be posted elsewhere, it will make things worse. It's ok to question solutions that make matters worse. What if the OP proposed that we just shut down the entire forum to prevent people from posting spam? Why are you so insistent that changing an icon will "stop the problem from happening in the first place."

    Quote Originally Posted by Trainfeeb View Post
    Phoenix explained my point perfectly, if nobody is going to correct the postistion FT is in we might just repurpose it all-together
    So I guess you're going to again ignore my question. This will be the third post where I've asked it. I'm starting to feel that you're proposing a solution where you don't know or care about its outcome.

    "If we took your suggestions and changed the logo, and it somehow put some magical hocus pocus that prevented Fresh Spawns from posting here, where do you think their posts will end up, and why is that better for anyone?"

    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    But anyhow all of the above suggestions, so far as I am concerned are solutions looking for a problem.
    Agreed.
    Last edited by SharkyFinn; January 12th, 2018 at 03:08 PM.
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 16 - 582 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Fan Content Policy

  4. #34
    Problem Solver Extraordinaire shivampaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Somewhere. Nowhere. Everywhere.
    Posts
    14,738
    I agree the problem may not be massive, but a problem is a problem isn’t it? That said, I don’t think changing the logo will do anything at all.

    Sharky, to answer your question I’d say “somewhere that isn’t here, it could force them to click on the correct sub forums and dig deeper or maybe not.”

    Psychologically speaking, users would want to post on the forum “highest up” if that makes sense. All the game problems have forums within the main one and threads can’t be started in the main one. How about this (I don’t know if it’d work, but I don’t see the downsides and going on the psychological theory, it could work):

    Remove “Forum Talk” and replace it with “Forum Talk” where threads can’t be posted. Then add subforums inside of the new Forum Talk: General, Signature Shops & Forum Contests

    That will mean that users who click on forum talk from the homepage won’t see the green post new thread button straight away. They’ll need to navigate into another subforum and you’d count on the fact they go back and check out the game forums.

    @Ajax, seems weird that you can’t add notices. Do you think it’s something you could ask the admins to enable for mods? I do think it’s one of the most useful features of vB. Especially because it lets you target particular subforums, post counts, etc.

  5. #35
    Forum All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    4,337
    Quote Originally Posted by SharkyFinn View Post
    You've drawn a conclusion that isn't based in reality. There is no "proper subforum" for a Clash Royale post. So exactly how would changing the icon lead them to Reddit?

    The difference is that you don't deal with the spam. We do. This proposal would just cause spam that shouldn't have been posted here to be posted in some sub-forum where it shouldn't be posted, causing more harm and creating more work than it does when it's in Forum Talk. You want Forum Talk pristine. I want a better forum experience for every one. Our priorities are clearly different.



    This is a perfect example, because there isn't a correct subforum for GIVE ME LEADER PLZ PLZ, so please explain where you think that particular thread will end up and why it's better for anyone.



    I don't. Maybe you've confused me for someone else. My whole point is that changing the icon will change nothing. The OP belives that that changing the icon will cause them to end up somewhere else, some place better. It sounds to me like you're making my point for me. Did you not understand my posts?



    Agreed. I just don't get it or see it as a problem that affects anything more than a tiny fringe element of the forum.



    Because in our opinion, the solution will change nothing. And if somehow we're all incorrect and changing the icon will cause these threads to be posted elsewhere, it will make things worse. It's ok to question solutions that make matters worse. What if the OP proposed that we just shut down the entire forum to prevent people from posting spam? Why are you so insistent that changing an icon will "stop the problem from happening in the first place."



    So I guess you're going to again ignore my question. This will be the third post where I've asked it. I'm starting to feel that you're proposing a solution where you don't know or care about its outcome.

    "If we took your suggestions and changed the logo, and it somehow put some magical hocus pocus that prevented Fresh Spawns from posting here, where do you think their posts will end up, and why is that better for anyone?"



    Agreed.
    Your claims it will have no effect are asserted without evidence so people are correctly dismissing it without evidence. A lot of people.

  6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #36
    SharkyFinn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Everywhere. Always watching.
    Posts
    8,935
    Quote Originally Posted by BlindHaze View Post
    Your claims it will have no effect are asserted without evidence so people are correctly dismissing it without evidence. A lot of people.
    This is a community forum. Maybe you've lost sight of that, but people are actually allowed to express opinions here. Sometimes people have even been known to take two opposing positions in the same thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by BlindHaze View Post
    Why do you think they’ll end up anywhere else? What evidence do you have that suggests they will? I think it’s unlikely they’ll start posting in Hay Day IFR. Do you know why I think that? Because they don’t do it now.
    Should I dismiss the opinions of others in this thread since there is no evidence to support changing the icon will have a positive effect? According to you, I'd be correct to do that. Thanks for your approval.
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 16 - 582 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Fan Content Policy

  7.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #37
    Quote Originally Posted by BlindHaze View Post
    Your claims it will have no effect are asserted without evidence so people are correctly dismissing it without evidence. A lot of people.
    Your clam of "a lot of people" also has no evidence. Even if everybody apart from mods who has posted in this thread were to dismiss it, that would be all of 10 people. But so far it is just you.


    But that really doesn't matter. In order for the "solution" to make a difference to the "problem", there actually has to be a problem.

    And we (who are the ones who have to deal with any problems) just don't see one. We are not going to make any of the suggested changes (even the ones which are in our power) because we see no benefit to doing so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

  8. #38
    Forum Elder PaluEF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    <unknown>
    Posts
    2,793
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    From our perception, there is no problem (as I have already said above). So we really have little interest in trying to "fix" it.
    Quote Originally Posted by SharkyFinn View Post
    Agreed.
    Thanks for the answers.

    My advice to the members: continue helping and reporting, and the mods will take care.
    Let's move on

  9. #39
    10,000,001 Bmille3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Remember Jairus Lyles? Didn’t think so
    Posts
    14,717
    What pic would you want?
    We Are All Witness.

  10. #40
    Millennial Club Trainfeeb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Break.
    Posts
    1,322
    @Sharky I'll adress your question. The thread that the person will post regards to CoC so it should be posted in CoC, simple, right?

    @Bmille, idk, some coolGFX

    Click here for a surprise!

    I play video games.
    My favorite games: Fortnite, COD, Clash of Clans.
    #SaveRoyale.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •