Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 82

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: SC are not tackling engineering

  1. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Gxr900 View Post
    If that were indeed true then the problem would be with the matchmaker and not with a particular play style. SC has already stated they would not be penalizing rushed or maxed villages, and their goal is to match like clans with like. So if you constantly draw engineered clans then you should look at your roster for the cause. It could be the size, the breakdown, the progress, or even the time that you search, etc, but it is not a given that clans will always match engineered clans. And if you are simply matching rushed clans then the same applies to that as well.
    Ok, so I guess the matchmaker is broke. I've tried several different lineups and times for months and nothing seems to work. Maybe the only thing to do is have wars with 5 or 10 people which I don't think would be very fun. Used to have 40 and 50 people wars all the time and never experienced the mismatching the has occurred over the last several months. Guess it's time to hang up the game.

  2. #72
    Forum Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,696
    Quote Originally Posted by Jblair1979 View Post
    Ok, so I guess the matchmaker is broke. I've tried several different lineups and times for months and nothing seems to work. Maybe the only thing to do is have wars with 5 or 10 people which I don't think would be very fun. Used to have 40 and 50 people wars all the time and never experienced the mismatching the has occurred over the last several months. Guess it's time to hang up the game.
    We routinely run 20-30 size wars without getting uneven matches, so the MM isnít ďbrokenĒ. It isnít perfect, and there are variations in matchups, but almost every single time our matches are perfectly even. We donít run.5s, engineered accounts, or use low TH fillers though. If you shared details of your roster Iím sure some knowledgeable people here could advise you on if there is anything in your lineup that would increase your chances of getting a poor match.

  3. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Gxr900 View Post
    ...SC has already stated they would not be penalizing rushed or maxed villages, and their goal is to match like clans with like. ....
    I agree SC "says" they want the matchmaker to allow for any play or build style and SC has even used that as an excuse to not drop a big nerf on engineering, but the fact is that from the beginning the matchmaker has severely punished rushed bases (defense ahead of offense) and I don't see any evidence of any attempt to try to correct that, so I don't buy it.
    Th11 here, several other accounts th8-10. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Some tips/thoughts on Legends here. Engineers aren't the problem, they are the symptom of a problematic matchmaker. My Legends hope: Legends2 5000-5999, Legends1 6000+ PvP with no loot or create a new 3rd trophy ladder for PvP (so no PvP in Legends) again with no loot, but then still Legends1 starting at 6000 cups, reset is 6000 not 5000. Contact SC here

  4. #74
    Junior Member UR4IC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Chicago suburb
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by Gxr900 View Post
    You can’t really complain if you bring engineered bases and/or .5s to war. People have been reporting bad matchups when they include .5s in their roster, so maybe try running a war without those bases.
    We do 0.5 to combat TH11 low defense/max troops village. It doesn't work. So now you say play fair..BUT after a few honest war wins then we get matched up with extreme engineered clans! OK
    Last edited by Bakunin; January 13th, 2018 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Removed insult

  5. #75
    Make A Wish
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    1,110
    Quote Originally Posted by UR4IC View Post
    We do 0.5 to combat TH11 low defense/max troops village. It doesn't work. So now you say play fair..BUT after a few honest war wins then we get matched up with extreme engineered clans! OK
    If it doesn't work why do you keep running your 0.5s?
    Last edited by Bakunin; January 13th, 2018 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Removed Quoted Insult

  6. #76
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    572
    Quote Originally Posted by Grude View Post
    First of all we are not looking for easier matchups at all just FAIR matchups. I would even go out to say that we are looking for the best of the best to war against. Just not against the best of 10 th11 and 4 of those at the bottom with a th7, 8, and 9 thrown in the mix to make it seem fair.

    So what you’re saying is that a 10.5 who is rated a (let’s just say) #6 in a 20v20 war is the same as the enemies #20 th11 with max heroes and max troops but no defenses and is capable of defeating a #1? Yeah that’s fair. So now super cell introduces the builder base but you cannot upgrade builder hall without having all buildings out on display. Imagine that. That took care of engineered builder bases.
    Just keep higher ths in your wars and move on with life

  7. #77
    Forum Elder
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Parking lot of Grateful Dead show
    Posts
    2,084
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    I agree SC "says" they want the matchmaker to allow for any play or build style and SC has even used that as an excuse to not drop a big nerf on engineering, but the fact is that from the beginning the matchmaker has severely punished rushed bases (defense ahead of offense) and I don't see any evidence of any attempt to try to correct that, so I don't buy it.
    Not entering into the engineering debate. I think the power potion is SC’s attempt to level the playing field. The “issue” for rushed bases is defense far more advanced than offense. Power potion solves this problem from a war perspective, doesn’t help raiding but is an effort to correct the disadvantage.

  8. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripple1972 View Post
    Not entering into the engineering debate. I think the power potion is SC’s attempt to level the playing field. The “issue” for rushed bases is defense far more advanced than offense. Power potion solves this problem from a war perspective, doesn’t help raiding but is an effort to correct the disadvantage.
    But sadly that attempt misfired and went in other direction entirely.
    AKay |TH9 | lvl 127
    BK/AQ: lvl28/30, war hero: 1000+


    Awesome sigpic by AsonUnique. Made here

  9. #79
    Forum Champion
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    5,533
    Quote Originally Posted by JFSoul View Post
    I don't know what to tell my clanmates about infernos now. Should they drop them in this current environment? My recommendation is no.
    I dropped infenoes on my 9.11s a while back, so deeply regreting it now, supercell essentially punshied us for trying to cooperate. Luckily i told most clanmates to Wait and see, so glad for my sake it did that. 4 of the accounts are unusable now being so rushed they were run out the clan with pitchforks.

    You live by the wrench you die by the wrench (or CAD) or whatever I guess, but it will be hard for me to take supercell Seriously they next time they say balance is where Its at. Sad, they had been doing really well on this issue i thought.
    Last edited by Vikingchief; January 15th, 2018 at 06:12 PM.
    Clan - Highland chiefs, Highlandchiefs2 (occasionally Highland rebels)
    Accounts - 5 th12, 11 th11s. Fixing matchmaker :https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...-and-onyzng%21 : how to migrate to supercell ID :https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...cell-ID-Thread

  10. #80
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,187
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikingchief View Post
    I dropped infenoes on my 9.11s a while back, so deeply regreting it now, supercell essentially punshied us for trying to cooperate. Luckily i told most clanmates to Wait and see, so glad my sake it did that. 4 of the accounts are unusual now being so rushed they were run out the clan with pitchforks.

    You live by the wrench you die by the wrench (or CAD) or whatever I guess, but it will be hard for me to take supercell Seriously they next time they say balance is where Its at. Sad, they had been doing really well on this issue i thought.
    You can always go full max 11. That is the one base type that never receives mismatches. Although that's only technically true in an all max TH11 clan. The additional defense may have net negative effects in non-max clans. I have no clue how it impacts your clan, but you could test it if you have an extra TH11 max that you can alternate in wars with yourself.

    Edit: I agree that not adjusting the Inferno weight value while reducing it's defensive value makes no sense if they care about matching well.
    Last edited by Sservis; January 15th, 2018 at 01:59 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •