Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: SC are not tackling engineering

Did my last comment seriously get deleted. Freaking weeeeaaaaak.

Its been discussed.

Quote Originally Posted by TankSinatra View Post
    If so you should look into the leagues, you'll rarely see serious competitors in random spins. The don't allow engineers (such as .5s) though.

.5s avoid very useful defenses because they're thinking about the matchmaking effect. This is generally known as engineering.

Quote Originally Posted by Grude View Post
    I would even go out to say that we are looking for the best of the best to war against.
    Join a league then. Plenty of very skilled competition, which it seems you are looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge0904 View Post
    I now have gone over $10,000 invested in this game.
    Quote Originally Posted by JLSuperfly View Post
    Still less than what Charlie Sheen spends on hookers.

op engineers, opponents engineer...seems fair to me
    Co-Leader of Monkey Bizness. Lv 18 constant war clan. #GV228Q9
    The Frosty Trinity
    Blaze - TH12 - K60/Q56/W30
    Fire - TH12 - K50/Q50/W20
    Inferno - TH12 - K50/Q50/W20

The only fair thing for supercell is profit, and of course they don't want to loose those engineers that pay a lot to win a war. Sad but it's the truth.
    Of course it's a short term profit, in a few months it will be only supercell and their be loved engineers playing the game. As a consequence engineers will then give up and turn against supecell, because there will be only them playing the game and the paid advantage is no longer there.

Good luck
    Last edited by dumdum2; January 9th, 2018 at 05:35 AM.

Centennial Club
    You can say it's fair if engineers face engineers. But it doesn't remain fair if one side has the defensive and offensive edge in the war. It should never be both.

Removing my post, as the criticism was unwarranted. My apologies to all.
    Last edited by Skrags; January 9th, 2018 at 05:01 PM.
    Clan Name : SOUTH WEST 45, Clan Tag : #90LP2PL. Highest Win Streak 12!
    Clan Details : Established 2012! Adult, English speaking International Level 13 War Clan (twice a week). Recruitment Thread : https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...10-s-to-TH12-s My Spec : TH11, 50-50-20.

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Skrags View Post
    Wow, some pretty disturbing comments here, without knowing the facts. While I concede that the OP's tone, sometimes creates a mud flinging opportunity, I think it's unfair to label his clan, when there's a clear opportunity to offer advice and thoughts, rather than get in the ring.

If he's playing around with perma X.5s then I get it. He's clearly looking for an advantage, but not finding one. Fair comments all round, but surely we should at least ask the question?

I'm a maxer (as many of you know). My current progression is a traditional 10.5 (having moved up to TH11, with 40/40 and maxed defences, with the exception of a few walls).
    Traditional X.5s are the domain of maxers, not engineers. I fully intend to drop my defences...about now actually!

As for X.5s being a disadvantage in January 2018, this is just not a generalisation I would endorse. For members of the community to make blanket statements to this effect, is worrying!

Having big maxer style TH10's in your roster....now that's a disadvantage under recent matchmaking. The TH11 disparity complaints over the last 6 months provide a volume of evidence to support this.

Pushing big TH10's up to early TH11's (or traditional 10.5s) has certainly benefitted our clan. We are seeing similar rosters to before, but now have some TH11 offence to compete.

While I don't condone the OP's tone at all, and maybe he is using perma X.5s, but maybe we should ask for further information before making pigeon hole statements, some of which I feel are more than a little misguided!

Just my opinion of course!
    Go look at OP’s clan and look at the bases in there if you really feel the comments were unwarranted. Most of the bases in the OP’s clan (ToXic Rabbits Level 14) are either engineered or a .5. OP’s clan is clearly engineering, it’s just backfiring since it is not getting him/her the desired results. OP himself/herself is a TH11 with no infernos... There are a few full THs in that clan, but a sizable number of the bases are missing key defenses.

Edit: Actually, OP does have infernos, so he/she is just another .5 in that clan with lots of the troops at max TH11 levels.
    Last edited by Gxr900; January 9th, 2018 at 10:19 AM.

Our last 7 wars (15v15) have been against engineered clans. We've been warring with balanced bases, so it's very frustrating. We got lucky and one two of them by percentage, and another two by one trophy, but it's very frustrating, since the win came from our opponent failing, rather than an even matchup based on skill.

We got crushed in our last war by engineers...they had higher offense and defense across the board, including 2 extra wardens, 1 extra Eagle, and 2 extra sets of infernos. In our current war we have an extra EA, but they have 4 extra Wardens and 2 extra infernos, and higher heroes. Some of my clanmates have turned red and are no longer warring. It's just sad.
    Playing since December 2012
    Accounts:
    JFSoul; Colin's Fury; JS Navy; 5 TH10/9s
    "The two most powerful warriors are patience and time." Leo Tolstoy

Quote Originally Posted by Skrags View Post
    Wow, some pretty disturbing comments here, without knowing the facts. While I concede that the OP's tone, sometimes creates a mud flinging opportunity, I think it's unfair to label his clan, when there's a clear opportunity to offer advice and thoughts, rather than get in the ring.

If he's playing around with perma X.5s then I get it. He's clearly looking for an advantage, but not finding one. Fair comments all round, but surely we should at least ask the question?

I'm a maxer (as many of you know). My current progression is a traditional 10.5 (having moved up to TH11, with 40/40 and maxed defences, with the exception of a few walls).
    Traditional X.5s are the domain of maxers, not engineers. I fully intend to drop my defences...about now actually!

As for X.5s being a disadvantage in January 2018, this is just not a generalisation I would endorse. For members of the community to make blanket statements to this effect, is worrying!

Having big maxer style TH10's in your roster....now that's a disadvantage under recent matchmaking. The TH11 disparity complaints over the last 6 months provide a volume of evidence to support this.

Pushing big TH10's up to early TH11's (or traditional 10.5s) has certainly benefitted our clan. We are seeing similar rosters to before, but now have some TH11 offence to compete.

While I don't condone the OP's tone at all, and maybe he is using perma X.5s, but maybe we should ask for further information before making pigeon hole statements, some of which I feel are more than a little misguided!

Just my opinion of course!
    What is disturbing about me saying using .5s increases the chance of an uneven match, sometimes in your favor and sometimes not? That has been a consistenly reported experience for many players posting here for several months or more. It isn't as easy as just saying remove your .5s and now you have perfect matches, but it is a factor to consider.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My legends hope: 14 hours daily search limit to reduce advantage of account sharing; black clouds screen; Legends3 5000-5499 cups, Legends2 5500-5999, Legends1 6000+ and titans/champs canít attack Legends1 or 2 players; while in clouds let us watch war, donate, do FCs, base design. Make a separate PvP trophy ladder option for all, others found here.