Thread: Very new - duct tape and diamonds

Very new - duct tape and diamonds

Needing to find / buy duct tape to enhance storage in my barn and silo how do I find people selling them?? Diamonds, how to I earn the damn things? Not being able to harvest crops to sell or make goods to store is frustrating and makes me wonder just why I am playing this addicting time consuming game if I an unable to do those basic free things. Anyone able to offer assistance? Adding friends too, how do I do that?

I would sell everything in my silo, then grow and sell wheat. Sell it for 10 coins and advertise and it will sell quicker than you can grow it. There are threads in the general section to ask for friends via your ID or Facebook. Diamonds come from treasure chests, mining and participating in global events.
    Last edited by Connemara; January 7th, 2018 at 11:39 AM.
    Started playing 27 September 2014
    #CYC0LGPY
    IT'S A GAME " an activity that one engages in for amusement"

Check if there is a higher level players in a hood then join their hood as they don't need tools a lot

You can search though the paper and be quick and you might nab some duct tape. It can be difficult to find however. After adding some friends, you can look in their shops and the might be selling some. Duct tape, and similar items drop randomly when doing things around your farm, so increasing the number of things you do, increases the number of expansion items you receive, and increases the likelihood that some of them will be duct tape. There is also a thread in the general section of these forums for trading things like duct tape, perhaps someone there would be willing to trade you some. When you unlock neighborhoods (if you haven't already) then find an active one and see if someone there finds a lot of duct tape and would be willing to give or trade you some. These strategies will also help you with the other expansion items.

To find friends, you can look at the thread dedicated to finding and adding friends. You can post your farm info there and send requests to users who have put their info there. (Use you friend book, type in their code, and send them a request). You can also tap the plus icon by the name of someone farm when visiting and send them a request. Your request will of course need to be accepted before you are friends. You can also hit the icon that looks like a ribbon or bookmark and follow their farm. You can follow up to 10 farms, you will be able to see if they need help, and you can go and visit them and check their shop to see if they are selling anything you want.

Connemara's section about wheat is an excellent idea, lots of actions to get expansion materials, and the wheat will sell. That method also works well with corn, although it takes a little longer to grow, it will see faster, even at max price.

Diamonds are Hay Day's premium currency. The easiest way to get more is to buy them with real money. However one of the great things about HD is you can have a lot of fun without them, if you have a little patience. Other ways to get them involve opening locked chests (don't use diamonds to unlock them, it isn't worth it, keep trying chests and you will find ones that open without too much trouble), completing achievements (click on you house to see the list), participating in global events, mining (you will find a few, and only available after you have unlocked the mine), for catching new and different sized fish (in your fishing area after you unlock it) and by opening some of the packages SC gives sometimes for some updates and some announcements. You also get diamonds each time you level up. Unless you are willing to buy them, I would suggest saving your diamonds, as you will want them to unlock more production spots in your machines.
    Farm: Nature's Haven
    Level: 138
    NH: Godric's Hollow

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayduke2005 View Post
    Needing to find / buy duct tape to enhance storage in my barn and silo how do I find people selling them?? Diamonds, how to I earn the damn things? Not being able to harvest crops to sell or make goods to store is frustrating and makes me wonder just why I am playing this addicting time consuming game if I an unable to do those basic free things. Anyone able to offer assistance? Adding friends too, how do I do that?
    First of all, welcome OP to the HD subforum. I get so much more duct tapes and planks than bolts and would invite you to my neighborhood and sell you tapes if it weren't full. Here are the ways I harvest BEM (Barn Expansion Materials) and SEM (Silo Expansion Materials).

1. Save enough vouchers to buy pets such as cats and kittens, dogs and puppies, horses and donkeys. Wake them up and feed them regularly to get the above gifts.

2. Play the Town and serve visitors to get the above gifts. Tap the sea chests in your town and at your hoodmates'.

3. Plant and harvest crops often.

Quote Originally Posted by Hussains42 View Post
    Check if there is a higher level players in a hood then join their hood as they don't need tools a lot
    LOL, that's a long shot because higher level players also need tools to expand their barns and silos. For example, I'm level 126 and my barn and silo are 3300 and 3050, respectively. One of my goals is to max out my barn and silo while playing casually. Haystacker is the only forumite I know who maxed out his barn at 10,000 prior to recent update.

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...=1#post9873415
    Last edited by LynnK2015; January 14th, 2018 at 04:35 AM.
    Lynn, 4-05-18, clasher and farmer but not boomer and brawler

Supercell's culture and the independence of teams
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...dence-of-Teams

Quote Originally Posted by LynnK2015 View Post
    First of all, welcome OP to the HD subforum. I get so much more duct tapes and planks than bolts and would invite you to my neighborhood and sell you tapes if it weren't full. Here are the ways I harvest BEM (Barn Expansion Materials) and SEM (Silo Expansion Materials).

1. Save enough vouchers to buy pets such as cats and kittens, dogs and puppies, horses and donkeys. Wake them up and feed them regularly to get the above gifts.

2. Play the Town and serve visitors to get the above gifts. Tap the sea chests in your town and at your hoodmates'.

3. Plant and harvest crops often.

LOL, that's a long shot because higher level players also need tools to expand their barns and silos. For example, I'm level 126 and my barn and silo are 3300 and 3050, respectively. One of my goals is to max out my barn and silo while playing casually. Haystacker is the only forumite I know who maxed out his barn at 10,000 prior to recent update.

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...=1#post9873415
    Ahhh, but the max was just raised with the last update to 12,000. I have a very long way yo go!

To the OP, you’ve been given good advice her about finding friends and wheating. You may also want to read thru the sticky threads for new people, even if you are not all that new.

Needing to find / buy duct tape to enhance storage in my barn and silo how do I find people selling them??
    Luck. Most players sell them infrequently, and when they are for sale they tend to sell extremely quickly. It gets slightly easier once you level up to where you can join a neighborhood, but it is still difficult to find one where people are active and share planks/bolts/tape/panels/screws/nails relatively freely. It helps if you can find one where people realize that taking turns increasing barns to relatively even degrees leaves everyone with more barn space available for things besides hardware.

Hardware items like tape may appear as a bonus item while you are harvesting crops IF your barn is less than 100% full. It appears to vary from farm to farm which barn expansion item and which silo expansion item is scarce/abundant. This seems generally more time efficient than trying to buy them. If you do not have at least once space in your barn, it usually indicates you should be selling something less immediately important from it.

Diamonds, how to I earn the damn things?
    1) Spend real money
    2) Get lucky opening red tool chests and (later) sea trunks off shore from the town. Spending diamonds to open locked chests/trunks will gain you hardware but result in a net loss of diamonds, on average.
    3) If you average something circa two hours playing per day, a "Night at the Movies" ticket will appear by the mailbox with the Daily Dirt. You can watch around four trailers per day, each of which gives you some thing; diamonds are somewhere in the vicinity of 1-in-3 of the Things.
    4) After level 24, you can (and should) spend 24000 coins to open the mine, which you can use tools (dynamite, TNT, shovels, pickaxes) will yield you metal ore and diamonds. Of course, you will shortly need the Jeweler machine, which will want to use diamonds to make diamond rings. In the long run, it is a more efficient use of diamonds to occasionally hire Tom (see the Wiki) and have him fetch some rings than to make them -- although this ties up barn space.
    5) Participation in global events and/or derby can also get diamonds as prizes.

Not being able to harvest crops to sell or make goods to store is frustrating and makes me wonder just why I am playing this addicting time consuming game if I an unable to do those basic free things.
    The frustration sources change over time.
    That said, the "point" of the game is amusement. If you find frustration exceeds amusement (especially after passing level 35), you may eventually wish to consider alternative uses for your time.

Adding friends too, how do I do that?
    Via Facebook friends, Game Center friends, or in-game through by tapping the "add freind" button when visiting their farm. There is a limit of 150 in-game friends, so higher level players may not have any openings. However, many will, particularly among players who unfriend less active friends. This in turn leads to "how do I keep friends" and "how do I get better friends".... (Running your dairy as much as possible may indirectly help.)
    Last edited by abb3w; March 16th, 2018 at 07:39 PM.
    Farm Tag #29C9L8RGL
    Lvl 120ish Barn 4000ish Silo 3000ish
    Neighborhood #2CU9R88C "Barnstormers" -- seeking an English-speaking active Champions-league derby player lv 40+ from Pacific area (AK/HI/NZ)

I’m really falling out with this game I play 24/7 do every boat an the first day got puzzle piece an nothing since I do all the derbys an just got a couple of pieces after contacting support I but diamonds every week but loosing the joy of playing as at this rate I get 1 piece every few months I’ll be 100 wen done