Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: What's the best war castle troops for defense nowadays?

Quote Originally Posted by ExpertSAQ View Post
    Ypu can disagree but, anything inside poison is useless.
    Not necessarily, the poison just makes the troops less useful, since the troops attack rate is slowed down. However, something like a hound is barely affected by a poison, and is not useless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge0904 View Post
    I now have gone over $10,000 invested in this game.
    Quote Originally Posted by JLSuperfly View Post
    Still less than what Charlie Sheen spends on hookers.

In our weekend war, a max TH11 lavaloon attacker with circa 35/35/15 Heroes hit one of our TH10's.
    Our TH10 had 2 witches, 1 baby Dragon and 1 archer.

After luring, the witches/baby D combination went on to kill all 3 Heroes, and destroy many loons too.
    Resulting 25% zero star.
    If my memory serves me right, the attacker didn't bother bringing even 1 Poison spell, which was probably his doom.
    Clan Name : SOUTH WEST 45, Clan Tag : #90LP2PL. Highest Win Streak 12!
    Clan Details : Established 2012! Adult, English speaking International Level 15 War Clan (twice a week). Recruitment Thread : https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...10-s-to-TH12-s My Spec : Early TH12.

Quote Originally Posted by Skrags View Post
    In our weekend war, a max TH11 lavaloon attacker with circa 35/35/15 Heroes hit one of our TH10's.
    Our TH10 had 2 witches, 1 baby Dragon and 1 archer.

After luring, the witches/baby D combination went on to kill all 3 Heroes, and destroy many loons too.
    Resulting 25% zero star.
    If my memory serves me right, the attacker didn't bother bringing even 1 Poison spell, which was probably his doom.
    It's a good combo. If you miss the poison on the witches (or don't bring a poison) they can be extremely difficult to take care of. If you're going with ground you have to have a Valk (if no poison or if they get thru the poison drop). I've seen and experienced complete failures because of witches.
    Playing since December 2012
    Accounts:
    JFSoul; Colin's Fury; JS Navy; 5 TH10/9s
    "The two most powerful warriors are patience and time." Leo Tolstoy

Quote Originally Posted by OnyxDS View Post
    One technical point on FIFO - all the troops of a certain type will come out together. So it you put in 1 arch, 1 baby, and then fill with arch, all the arch will emerge before the baby. Which actually makes filling much easier: if you try and put in the right number of arch first, it's easy to get it wrong and overshoot by one.
    Thank you for sharing this detail. I will have to test this as I don't recall this being the case when previously testing FIFO, but if there was a change and this is true, it simplifies filling greatly.

For 35 housing, I've liked the following: Drag + 3 loon or 1 Witch + 1 baby drag + 1 Valk + filler (arch or gob).

In a competitive war where there are successful scouts that pull top ccs, or in general where top attacks are managed well, you have to remember there is a replay and a second attempt for an attacker to plan how to deal with your cc. So troops comprising 25 arch+1 baby drag, lavahound+other, and/or 2 witch+other, while those certainly are effective on a first hit, their strength lies in the element of surprise. They can much more easily be managed with a second attack whereas what I propose above has much better durability and versatility against all kinds of attacks against it -- planned or not.

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #16
    I asked my Hairdresser for a Donald Trump...she gave me a tremendous hair cut and had me deported.
    Lots of Dragons around at the moment and a witch can totally ruin a Dragon raid if you don’t poison her. Nothing more infuriating than your Smaug’s being pummelled as they toast skeletons but never get close enough the source to stop her spawning them. I too would throw in a Baby D plus at least one Valk.
    Last edited by Holps; January 8th, 2018 at 07:36 PM.