Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: War Draw .. !!

Quote Originally Posted by akshay180496 View Post
    Current draw bonus really feels like you lost.
    You did if you tied.

Added: 568 total wars for my clan. Only 11 have ended in a draw... seems rather rare to me and my maxer style clan.
    Last edited by xXXCHRISXXx; January 5th, 2018 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xXXCHRISXXx View Post
    You did if you tied.

Added: 568 total wars for my clan. Only 11 have ended in a draw... seems rather rare to me and my maxer style clan.
    Nope.
    Draw means system cant define one as a victor, not that you lost. And yeah no one wants to tie.
    And those 11 draws can still mean 275 xp more considering draw to be 25xp.
    AKay |TH9 | lvl 127
    BK/AQ: lvl28/30, war hero: 1000+

Awesome sigpic by AsonUnique. Made here

Nope.
    Draw means system cant define one as a victor, not that you lost. And yeah no one wants to tie.
    And those 11 draws can still mean 275 xp more considering draw to be 25xp.
    Which is just over what we get for 1 war. I think my clan has 6 draws - only 1 of them since clan XP existed. So we'd be just 25 XP different - and needing 10000+ per level now that really is irrelevant.

Again its not about rarity. Its about possibility. If draws occur they should be dealt with properly.
    And I would say they are being dealt with properly. A draw is not a win. Plenty of games have incentives to actually win and not arrange ties. In football (= "soccer" for the Atlantically challenged) it's 3 for a win, 1 for a tie. That's not unfair or incorrect - it's very deliberate.
    Forum cup organiser. The forum cup discord server is: https://discord.gg/KEUxV2e

Draw means system cant define one as a victor, not that you lost.
    I disagree. If you didnít win you lost. There is no second place winner. Itís either win the entire thing or lose.

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #25
    I disagree. If you didn’t win you lost. There is no second place winner. It’s either win the entire thing or lose.
    Please don't try to redefine the English language.

You do not lose unless the other clan wins.

In a draw, you have come equal first. Neither side has lost.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post

Whoa there mate. I agree with you entirely, but choose your words carefully. A draw is a draw. nobody won, nobody lost. Its not equal first. That puts the ball back in OP's court. A win bonus is for a win, full stop. Most likely scenario for a draw is 2 perfects. The idea of war is to score as high as possible, and also prevent the other side achieving the same outcome. If you concentrate on scoring, then if the opposition matches you, there should be no reward, as with almost anything competitive. The goal is to balance offence and defence to better the opposition. Cant go changing the rules cos you have no goalkeeper ( I am English btw). PS. our clan came to being after they brought in tie break, and in 150+ wars, we have never had a draw. Tie break was a great idea IMHO.

If you didnít win youíre the second place loser. I play to win, not lose, not draw, win. If I didnít win, I lost. Itís that simple to me. No defining needed. This is a game we play to WIN, not draw.

Just like SuperSmash Brothers on the N64. It should actually be something like "No Contest". Then nothing is awarded, but you may get your entry fee back!
    DeathStorm-10|22/23|2148*|FireStorm-10|17/20|2178*|SuperStorm-9|13/15|2147*
    DragonStorm-9|8/8|1529*|PerfectStorm-9|8/10|1428*|BrainStorm-10|10/16|1452*

9.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #29
    If you didn’t win you’re the second place loser. I play to win, not lose, not draw, win. If I didn’t win, I lost. It’s that simple to me. No defining needed. This is a game we play to WIN, not draw.
    Sorry, but this is an English language forum.

And in English, a draw is not a "second place loser". Neither lose, neither win.

you are quite right taht there is no defining needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Sorry, but this is an English language forum.

And in English, a draw is not a "second place loser". Neither lose, neither win.

you are quite right taht there is no defining needed.
    Look Alex call it what you want. Call it a participation trophy, call it a off day for your clan, call it whatever you want. Let's not argue about semantics. You go into the war with the intentions to win, not tie, not lose, win. Anything other than a win is a loss in my view.

And yes youíre correct, clearly this is an English user forum. And clearly, Iíve communicated in English. Donít you have some fresh spawns to troll on the general subforum?