Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Way to know if a player is Perma-Banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Dtownies View Post
    Look, we have tried to give you the best advice that we can. Only a SC employee or possibly a Moderator could let you know for certain.

I don't believe the player in question has been banned. Seems like he has just gone inactive.

If it's a huge concern to you, try to contact SC with your questions. Or perhaps a forum moderator.

If not, you could just kick him. No huge loss as he isn't active.

Good luck.
    Okay thanks.

Another thought is that a lot of clans use third party chat apps such as kik, LINE, or Discord. They are a mixed blessing, but they can be useful to send a private message outside of clan chat to tell someone to get their attacks in or ask if they’ve been perma-banned by any chance.

It wouldn’t help in this case, of course, but it’s something to consider going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Honu View Post
    Another thought is that a lot of clans use third party chat apps such as kik, LINE, or Discord. They are a mixed blessing, but they can be useful to send a private message outside of clan chat to tell someone to get their attacks in or ask if they’ve been perma-banned by any chance.

It wouldn’t help in this case, of course, but it’s something to consider going forward.
    Isnt part of the reason they do that to openly discuss cheating without having to fear getting banned?

Forum Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Salkin101 View Post
    Isnt part of the reason they do that to openly discuss cheating without having to fear getting banned?
    What?!? As far as I know, you can talk about cheating in clan chat as much as you want as long as you are not actually cheating. I know no one in my clan would dare report anyone in the clan without discussion with a co leader or leader. Many, many clans use outside apps for communication about war attacks, strategies and whatever else they want to talk about. Our clan uses Hangouts and I assure you that we are 100% FairPlay. I would wager that most serious war clans use a messenger app of some kind to communicate about the game. Why would you think it is only used to discuss cheating?

Clans get suspended from war for 14 days. The clan doesn't go away unless everyone in it was banned and then those account will be removed and the clan will vanish.

Quote Originally Posted by Electrifyingankur View Post
    But, haven't you seen Banned clans? They have all banned players and they are not removed from clan.

Signature Banner from ClashofHolmes
    Stormy Knights Leader
    Join Stormy Knights
    Join us on Discord
    Player Tag: ​#20RRP9UQ8

Forum Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Electrifyingankur View Post
    Hey there. There's a player( Max 9 with 20/20 heroes) in our clan who is inactive from quite a long time. We don't want to kick him because he's in our clan for around 1.5 year (inactive from 4-5months) <<snip>>
    WAITAMINUTE!

There is absolutely NO REASON to NOT kick a player that has gone INACTIVE from a clan.

You CAN kick the player with a nice parting message saying that he is welcome back when he starts playing again.

In Farm with US, we kick players that have no league shield 36 hours into a new season AND we kick players that have x-bows/infernos/ea/traps that need recharging (while their collectors are filling up)

The effect is, that EVERYBODY in the clan is active (at least a little) and that when we recruit new players, they see an entire clan with League Shields indicating that people are in fact, active.

So .. Permanently Banned or not, this player should have been kicked 4-5 months ago to make room for a more productive and active member.

In the last month, we have had 2 players bow out of the game gracefully, one had been in the clan for 1.5 years, one had been there for 3 years (both of them held the "member" status, and both are welcomed back if they ever start playing again) .. Those two are the only two openings we have had in the clan, for several months.

/Affront
    TH12-60/60/30|BH8-16.16.16.16.16.16.16.16.16.16/25| Farm with US | full stats
    Recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdome757 View Post
    What?!? As far as I know, you can talk about cheating in clan chat as much as you want as long as you are not actually cheating. I know no one in my clan would dare report anyone in the clan without discussion with a co leader or leader. Many, many clans use outside apps for communication about war attacks, strategies and whatever else they want to talk about. Our clan uses Hangouts and I assure you that we are 100% FairPlay. I would wager that most serious war clans use a messenger app of some kind to communicate about the game. Why would you think it is only used to discuss cheating?
    Heard someone mention that some non fair to play clans require you to have outside chat apps since it would be pretty easy to ban them based when they advice how to get cheats and how to coordinate the cheating.

Edit. I dont think i said its only used for cheating, but thats certainly part of what its used for.
    Last edited by Salkin101; December 17th, 2017 at 10:59 AM.

Congratulations on your patience... I would have kicked him months ago with a "come back when you're active" message

Quote Originally Posted by Affront View Post
    WAITAMINUTE!

There is absolutely NO REASON to NOT kick a player that has gone INACTIVE from a clan.

You CAN kick the player with a nice parting message saying that he is welcome back when he starts playing again.

In Farm with US, we kick players that have no league shield 36 hours into a new season AND we kick players that have x-bows/infernos/ea/traps that need recharging (while their collectors are filling up)

The effect is, that EVERYBODY in the clan is active (at least a little) and that when we recruit new players, they see an entire clan with League Shields indicating that people are in fact, active.

So .. Permanently Banned or not, this player should have been kicked 4-5 months ago to make room for a more productive and active member.

In the last month, we have had 2 players bow out of the game gracefully, one had been in the clan for 1.5 years, one had been there for 3 years (both of them held the "member" status, and both are welcomed back if they ever start playing again) .. Those two are the only two openings we have had in the clan, for several months.

/Affront
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdogdigs View Post
    Congratulations on your patience... I would have kicked him months ago with a "come back when you're active" message
    It is actually very tough to kick good people ( Behaviour + war performance) at least for me. I mean there are very less Max Th9s who stay at th9 only having 25/25 heroes and max Defenses with 1250 War stars. No?
    Also, I would have kick him long long ago as you guys have said but we generally do small wars: 1Max th10 ,10 Max th9s, + Th8s and below (15vs15 or 10vs10 all the time). And we have NO patience left to teach attacks to new recruits at this point in game :/ literally. We have around 35-40 players atm and that guy is not troubling us in any way. So we consider it better to leave him where he is. No, I am not saying that we have reserved a place for him in clan but there's no need to kick him ATM.

not interested in thread counts/titles just a guy on the forums chatting away
    Op you just described a inactive base and lets be honest why do you want to keep the base in your clan weather its banned or just inactive its been five months its time to put your boots on and get kicking its that simple as that base is no help to your clan