Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Yet another bad match

Quote Originally Posted by pb913 View Post
    Why do people always get this backwards. If you have 6 TH11s and they have 19 TH11s...they are the clan that is doing the engineering...not the clan that has 6 TH11s. Look at the "lower" 1/3 of the TH11s...they are typically heavily engineered (TH11s with TH7 or 8 defenses, but max heros).

This is basically the matchups we have had for the last 10 wars.

Any why are people saying "if this is a bad matchup".....the answer is yes it is. it always is because no one is a TH11 with TH8 troops and TH8 heros. They always have max troops...or max troops that matter.
    We both said the same thing but you said it first. Credit goes to you.
    Listen, and understand! That New Algorithm is out there! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pain. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop... ever, until your win streak is broken.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdome757 View Post
    What exactly did I get backwards? I made no statement of fact in my post, I merely asked a question. Perhaps you can clarify? Neither of us can truly know the situation without seeing both war lineups. Until then itís all speculation. The opposition clan is obviously engineered and I was simply curious as to what his clan looked like. I would bet they are both engineered in some form.
    j

Sorry if I missread your statement...It read you asked if his clan was engineered. I've seen this over and over again, that people think the clan with less TH11's is the engineered clan. This is almost never the case...

j

Sorry if I missread your statement...It read you asked if his clan was engineered. I've seen this over and over again, that people think the clan with less TH11's is the engineered clan. This is almost never the case...
    Not saying this is the situation here, but currently the forum is full of heavy .5s (who don't consider themselves engineered) matching up with engineers. This is arguably not a fault in the matchmaker, just an indication that .5s aren't so sensible anymore.
    It doesn't mean the match is fair, but it means the .5s can end the pain by dropping defenses.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaTroll View Post
    But this is speculation until we see clan tags.
    Yep, and nothing else will do.
    Last edited by TankSinatra; 6 Days Ago at 05:06 PM.
    Level 10 Adult War Clan METAMUCIL.
    And some of us are old enough that its not just a funny word...
    Metamucil keeps the red out of our logs. Small wars, great record, low pressure.
    War Record - https://cocp.it/clan/82GJJV2J

The match is probably fair enough regarding to defenses but the offensive power from all the extra heroes and higher level troops is way off and that is the problem with this match.

They are really good at attacking but then again it shouldn't be a problem to three star a base when you have max TH11 troops and the opponent do not have any max TH11 defenses.
    Click here to see why you should not nerf Super Queen

Why do people always get this backwards. If you have 6 TH11s and they have 19 TH11s...they are the clan that is doing the engineering...not the clan that has 6 TH11s. Look at the "lower" 1/3 of the TH11s...they are typically heavily engineered (TH11s with TH7 or 8 defenses, but max heros).

This is basically the matchups we have had for the last 10 wars.

Any why are people saying "if this is a bad matchup".....the answer is yes it is. it always is because no one is a TH11 with TH8 troops and TH8 heros. They always have max troops...or max troops that matter.

People are saying “if this is a bad matchup” because just telling us the hall levels doesn’t mean it is a bad matchup. Also, it is not accurate to state in a 11 th11 vs. 6 th11 match that the team with 6 th11s never has engineering. That is just plain wrong. That team with 6 th11s often does have engineering. The times where it doesn’t is probably less often than the times when it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Endofdays View Post
    ...6 vs 19 is a bad matchup no matter how it is constructed.
    .......We just tried a 5v5 for the first time 1 max 11, 2 higher level 11's, 1 10 and 1 9 vs 4 max 11 defense 1 engineered 11 All with 40/40/20+ hero levels.

We lost by 1 star and never had a chance to win. unless the opponent did not show up to attack. ....
    No, 6v19 isn’t always a bad matchup no matter how it is constructed. That is not true. If I had to guess, I would guess it IS a bad matchup, but it certainly isn’t always a bad match. We have th11s in my clan. The first thing I look for when a match hits is a comparison of the full th11s, the ones that almost for sure won’t be 3 starred. If my clan has that advantage then I don’t care if the other clan has some lower th11s down the map giving them some extra offense. Go ahead and use them to 3 star my th9s that were going to 3 star anyway or even some th10s.

Take you recent war for example. What if you had 2 max th11s and 3 th10s and the other clan had 5 th11s all with low heroes, no eagles and not max defenses. You win. They have more th11s but you win.

So, that is why people ask for more than just a comparison of the halls.
    Th11 here, several other accounts th8-10. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Some tips/thoughts on Legends here. Engineers aren't the problem, they are the symptom of a problematic matchmaker. My Legends hope: PvP 5500+ with attack limit, leave rest same, including usual legends from 5000-5499 or, maybe even better, create a new 3rd trophy ladder for PvP and leave legends alone. Contact SC here

Quote Originally Posted by TankSinatra View Post
    It doesn't mean the match is fair, but it means the .5s can end the pain by dropping defenses.

It doesn't seem to work like that, following a run of bad match ups (2xTH11 vs 10xTH11 in a 20v20 war) since the September MM change, my clan's 4 9.5s dropped their infernos, and we ended up facing 2xTH11s (when we were 4xTH10, 6xTH9 in a 10v10 war)

Even our minis who no longer war in the level 12 clan are facing poor matches zero TH7 vs 1xTH7, 1xTH7 vs 2xTH7, then 2xTH7 vs TH8 at the top of 5v5 and a 10v10 war roster (all ours are standard maxing type bases,no engineers)

SC need to make sure the number of highest TH in each line up is the same in smaller wars, with a little leeway in 20v20 and higher where there is a chance to recover stars in the mid order.
    A qualified Engineer since 1985 - use engineering analysis and strategy in everything I do.

Is that a single target Ferno up there Ben? No Bill, it's just weeeeeeed.....

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    People are saying ďif this is a bad matchupĒ because just telling us the hall levels doesnít mean it is a bad matchup. Also, it is not accurate to state in a 11 th11 vs. 6 th11 match that the team with 6 th11s never has engineering. That is just plain wrong. That team with 6 th11s often does have engineering. The times where it doesnít is probably less often than the times when it does.

No, 6v19 isnít always a bad matchup no matter how it is constructed. That is not true. If I had to guess, I would guess it IS a bad matchup, but it certainly isnít always a bad match. We have th11s in my clan. The first thing I look for when a match hits is a comparison of the full th11s, the ones that almost for sure wonít be 3 starred. If my clan has that advantage then I donít care if the other clan has some lower th11s down the map giving them some extra offense. Go ahead and use them to 3 star my th9s that were going to 3 star anyway or even some th10s.

Take you recent war for example. What if you had 2 max th11s and 3 th10s and the other clan had 5 th11s all with low heroes, no eagles and not max defenses. You win. They have more th11s but you win.

So, that is why people ask for more than just a comparison of the halls.
    Excellent points.

I have an interesting match up, that I would say is in my favor, but still relatively "fair":

Us................................................ .............Them

1. TH11 (max)............................................. ................1. TH11 (max)
    2. TH11 (max)............................................. ................2. TH11 (max)
    3. TH10.5 (some max troops, 40/40/11 heroes, no EA)..3. TH11 (max)
    4. TH10.5 (some max troops, 35/350/5 heroes, no EA)..4. TH10 (max)
    5. TH10 (near max).............................................. ........5. TH10 (near max)
    6. TH10 (near max).............................................. ........6. TH10 (near max)
    7. TH10 (near max).............................................. ........7. TH10 (near max)
    8. TH10 (near max).............................................. ........8. TH10 (near max)
    9. TH10 (mid level with ITs)...........................................9. TH10 (mid level with ITs)
    10. TH9.11 (some TH11 troops, 30/30/5 heroes, no ITs)..10. TH10 (mid level with ITs)
    11. TH10 (just went from TH9)......................................11. TH10 (mid level with ITs)
    12. TH9 (near max).............................................. .......12. TH10 (mid level with ITs)
    13-20. TH9s, varying levels, all with xBows.....................13-20. TH9s, varying levels, all with xBows

We have more wardens and more TH11 offense, but they have an extra EA and two extra sets of infernos.

I would say we have the advantage, but it's not outrageous.
    Last edited by Jack Frost Soul; 6 Days Ago at 06:55 PM.
    Start Dec '12 | Hi Lg/Lv: Legend / 186
    Accounts:
    TH11Hi(815 Stars)|TH9Max(1385)|TH9Max(1385)|TH11Mid(1040)|TH10Max (770)|TH10Mid(520)|2TH9Hi (300+)
    "The two most powerful warriors are patience and time." Leo Tolstoy

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    That might be a bad match or it might not. It depends on what the types of th11s there are. How many advanced th11s with eagles and/or at least max other defenses are there on each side? If, for example, there is only one such base, your #1, the opponent might also be looking at this as a bad match, thinking you will 3 star their whole clan and they have no chance to do the same to you. Or, on the other hand, if they have multiple maxed th11s and you have only the one, it is a terrible match for you.
    It's a bad match. Are you serious???

Here is the thing: One additional max attack or additional max defense makes all the difference. Mainly defense. Let's say you have 2 max 11 defenses and they have 1. Max 11s are a rare 3star, though it does happen. But, chances are the two max defenses will get 2 starred and the one max defense will get 2 starred. The rest of the sub max bases will get 3 starred and the fact that you have two max bases will allow you more attempts on their one max base. Unfair on many levels. If you have more max bases, even by one, you're going to win the war, unless your clan is just bad. It's really that simple. And that's what the engineers do.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirch3b21 View Post
    Here is the thing: One additional max attack or additional max defense makes all the difference. Mainly defense. Let's say you have 2 max 11 defenses and they have 1. Max 11s are a rare 3star, though it does happen. But, chances are the two max defenses will get 2 starred and the one max defense will get 2 starred. The rest of the sub max bases will get 3 starred and the fact that you have two max bases will allow you more attempts on their one max base. Unfair on many levels. If you have more max bases, even by one, you're going to win the war, unless your clan is just bad. It's really that simple. And that's what the engineers do.
    You need to specify what your TH11s consist of and what your opponents TH11s consist of. That is what he meant.

For example, the matchup could be fairly good for your team if none of your opponents have eagles or inferno towers. But you do not specify that.