Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Loot and trophies should be two different things!

Pro Member

Loot and trophies should be two different things!

Here is my current annoyance with the Builder Base gameplay. I am a BH6 and I guess my trophy count is higher tghan average, as I always match BH7's. As a result, I end up losing a lot of games and my trophy count keeps getting lower.

I do not consider this to be a bad thing, as I am not interested in trophy pushing. I am, however, interested in getting my loot, and having to play several games in order to get three victories and earn all of the loot of the day can prove annoying sometimes.

So here is what I propose: if one gets a star, one gets the loot; and if one wins the battle, one gets the trophies. In this way, one can get loot, trophies, both, or neither.

What do you think?
    CoC: Co-Leader in war clan Greece #JJ2C28G. Always recruiting Greek-speaking warriors!
    CR: Elder in Greece elite #28P09JY
    BB: Member in Greece #GVQRY2

Quote Originally Posted by kdrakakis View Post
    Here is my current annoyance with the Builder Base gameplay. I am a BH6 and I guess my trophy count is higher tghan average, as I always match BH7's. As a result, I end up losing a lot of games and my trophy count keeps getting lower.

I do not consider this to be a bad thing, as I am not interested in trophy pushing. I am, however, interested in getting my loot, and having to play several games in order to get three victories and earn all of the loot of the day can prove annoying sometimes.

So here is what I propose: if one gets a star, one gets the loot; and if one wins the battle, one gets the trophies. In this way, one can get loot, trophies, both, or neither.

What do you think?
    You are suggesting a very fundamental change to the whole loot economy of the B.B. there.

A good number of questions occur to me: What loot bracket is it then that you would be entitled to be in? Would you stay in that bracket if all you did per day was to get match losing one star results? What would it do to the integrity of the game and trophy climbing of others to have a group of players who wanted no more from each attack than a safe one star? How could the design ensure no given BH level got more loot on average than the BH level above so as not to also affect the devs planned progression speed?

BTW, to a trophy pusher the loot and trophies are already two separate things - the loot is something of a (wanted) byproduct of the day’s pushing attacks, which often continue after there is no more loot to win that day.
    Last edited by Grinch of Tomville; 1 Week Ago at 10:14 AM.
    Chapter One #22V00CGY Level 13 International clan
    We welcome strong TH10 and TH11 adult players with big heros for fun warring, maxing bases and some pushing. Active builder base, and must know where the donate button is!

If one star is made the minimum requirement for getting loot then every attack would give loot. Where is the challenge in that. You might as well ask SC to give you all the daily loot for just logging in once a day.

I think you just blew a wide gaping hole in that idea.

Quote Originally Posted by alexthegreat04 View Post
    If one star is made the minimum requirement for getting loot then every attack would give loot. Where is the challenge in that. You might as well ask SC to give you all the daily loot for just logging in once a day.

Signature Banner from ClashofHolmes
    Stormy Knights Leader
    Join Stormy Knights

Logging in is a struggle for some lol.

Millennial Club
    I think this whole idea surrounds one simple basic principle, which is main base principle, where loot and trophy could come separately.

However, this idea will make the Builder Base too easy to play. Rushing to the highest level of Builder Hall level is the current easiest way to get more loot in Builder Base. Thus, staying at lower Builder Hall will make you earn less loot and more difficult to progress. So this is for OP to decide, whether to move to higher BH level to get loot or to stay behind and continue struggling.

Pro Member
    Wait, I am confused... You would need to get a star to earn the loot. Getting one star is a significant challenge, especially going against higher BHs, and especially without a battle machine (during the periods it is getting upgraded). So, depending on the circumstances, getting even one star is certainly not easy!
    CoC: Co-Leader in war clan Greece #JJ2C28G. Always recruiting Greek-speaking warriors!
    CR: Elder in Greece elite #28P09JY
    BB: Member in Greece #GVQRY2

Wait, I am confused... You would need to get a star to earn the loot. Getting one star is a significant challenge, especially going against higher BHs, and especially without a battle machine (during the periods it is getting upgraded). So, depending on the circumstances, getting even one star is certainly not easy!
    Getting one star is pretty easy, especially on a higher BH base that has more buildings available for you to snipe. Way too easy I would say, just snipe with sneaky archers, minions or a mix and don’t event bother going after the BH building itself. I’m far more concerned about the impacts on the dev’s planned balance of game economy/progression and the impacts on players not playing it that way.
    Chapter One #22V00CGY Level 13 International clan
    We welcome strong TH10 and TH11 adult players with big heros for fun warring, maxing bases and some pushing. Active builder base, and must know where the donate button is!

What do you think?
    Nice idea, but I think you kinda give the reason why that won’t work right in your post. You;re not interested in trophy pushing. If loot wasn’t tied to trophies, a whole lot of other players would no doubt feel the same, just like on the main game. That would be detrimental to the game.

You’ve probably read/heard this before, but when you start seeing pretty much exclusively the next BH up, it’s time to upgrade.

At BH6 it can be a challenge, especially when you hit the point you’re seeing mostly BH7, but at BH7 it’s not difficult at all. BH7 is very offense-centric. Most matches result in at least one star. Most BH5 and early BH6 matches also result in at least one star.

FWIW, I agree that having the loot required to progress tied to trophies in a game where trophy count is so low for lower levels can be challenging. It’s necessary, for reasons stated here and elsewhere, though. Personally, now that they’ve pushed out additional BH levels, I think it’s time to raise the loot caps for lower levels, especially after the way BH7 has taken over so many tiers of trophies.
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG20YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.

so if you keep doing 1 star attacks for easy loot then you will drop down in loot brackets making less daily loot. so the incentive to be above 4000 cups would not be compromised but if you are in a hurry in a particular day and looking to get 3 attacks done quickly, you could just do 1 star attacks & be done with it. sure you will make less loot but thats the choice you make. and when you hav a good amount of free time on hands, you could push back up to 4000.

all this idea does is give you a choice, to either be in lower cups and attack for 15 mins or try going higher and attack for hrs & hrs as you are bound to loose cups at some point. this will take the maxing bh5s & bh6s to their appropriate trophy range gradually without wasting their time by loosing 10, 20 matches.