Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Engineers nightmare match

Quote Originally Posted by samratulangi View Post
    Agree, for some league style clans view this kind of Matchmaking is good because they are the standard of the game with all the moral high ground and other majority players should be a maxed TH11 soon.

as a side note real engineer is actually getting more benefit with this war MM, Bangkok B@war advantage is mounting higher in the last few months
    That will continue to be the case if SuperCell keeps increasing the ceiling on TH11 with no build requirements.

Right now, the bottom 6 in their roster do not even have dark troops. They have a single max army comp of giants, healers, barbs, archers, and max heroes all running some type of 9.11 build (maxed without infernos or eagle).

Because of the ever increasing power of th11 offense accessible at any level, even if SC was to put a premium on Hounds, Bowlers, Witches, it wouldn't matter since they do not even use them and have no problem 3 starring full th10's with their "HeGiWi" attacks. While enjoying superior defenses to an inferno wielding th10 thanks to all the additional levels of defenses that did nothing but make them more efficient.

Unchecked, we will see TH12's with level 9 barbs and archers and max heroes and max points matching a roster of th9's. No dragons needed. The will "Barch" th9's for 3 stars while th9's will fail to 3 star them in return.

The current system is not working. As offense powers increase, you will see accounts with less and less offense unlocked but maxed further unbalancing matches and making it impossible for the matchmaker to match.

The best path now is to push out th12, make it so you cannot go to th12 with out completing th11 on a basic level and getting the top of the map out of reach of engineered 11's. That sets the limit on how far you can engineer and as the rest of the clash population levels up, engineering will eventually die out. And th12 vs th11 will have to be similar to the th11 vs th10 situation now.

Or, bring the hammer and use your highest attribute as both your offense and defense scores and get matches like the one described in this thread. Then the defenses will be added voluntarily and we will be on our way to a much much better and feasible matchmaking system.
    Last edited by SuperStorm103; December 9th, 2017 at 12:56 AM.
    DeathStorm-10|22/23|2148*|FireStorm-10|17/20|2178*|SuperStorm-9|13/15|2147*
    DragonStorm-9|8/8|1529*|PerfectStorm-9|8/10|1428*|BrainStorm-10|10/16|1452*

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Grinch of Tomville View Post
    Iím not sure I agree here. What Bangkok B@war get up to isnít really relevant (unless youíre some sort of fan that just likes watching them), as no matter what SC do there will always be some few who can succeed right at the bleeding edge of working the matchmaker. Where thatís a tiny number of clans, itís a small impact on the game compared to the tens of thousands of wars that go on each week. What matters for the health of the game is rather dealing with the huge mass of formulaic copy/paste offence lopsided type engineering, and I think that is where SC is rightly focussing the effort.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperStorm103 View Post
    That will continue to be the case if SuperCell keeps increasing the ceiling on TH11 with no build requirements.

Right now, the bottom 6 in their roster do not even have dark troops. They have a single max army comp of giants, healers, barbs, archers, and max heroes all running some type of 9.11 build (maxed without infernos or eagle).

Because of the ever increasing power of th11 offense accessible at any level, even if SC was to put a premium on Hounds, Bowlers, Witches, it wouldn't matter since they do not even use them and have no problem 3 starring full th10's with their "HeGiWi" attacks. While enjoying superior defenses to an inferno wielding th10 thanks to all the additional levels of defenses that did nothing but make them more efficient.

Unchecked, we will see TH12's with level 9 barbs and archers and max heroes and max points matching a roster of th9's. No dragons needed. The will "Barch" th9's for 3 stars while th9's will fail to 3 star them in return.

The current system is not working. As offense powers increase, you will see accounts with less and less offense unlocked but maxed further unbalancing matches and making it impossible for the matchmaker to match.

The best path now is to push out th12, make it so you cannot go to th12 with out completing th11 on a basic level and getting the top of the map out of reach of engineered 11's. That sets the limit on how far you can engineer and as the rest of the clash population levels up, engineering will eventually die out. And th12 vs th11 will have to be similar to the th11 vs th10 situation now.

Or, bring the hammer and use your highest attribute as both your offense and defense scores and get matches like the one described in this thread. Then the defenses will be added voluntarily and we will be on our way to a much much better and feasible matchmaking system.
    Agree with Tomville here, a tiny percentage of clan like bangkok b does not really hurting the game, and i believe developing bases like them need a high lvl of dedication and at least 2 years for every acct without gem, but the mass horde of wannabe engineers with copy paste plan were the problem, but with current MM this bases is falling apart, similar to Tank and other member here we are seeing many high offense defenseless to minimax, including 9.5 and 9.11 knocking at our doors, seems their wannabe engineered clan is falling apart.

and if u farm in lower league now, so many abandoned engineered bases, yes still some people are late to the party and develop new defenseless, i think in the next few months i believe most of them will give up, because defenseless becoming useless without proper roster, many high winstreak clan stop warring now

even bringing the hammer with taking the highest number between Offense and def will not stop a clan like bangkok, because their base offense and def number is not lopsided, they r quite balance, but optimized
    Last edited by samratulangi; December 9th, 2017 at 01:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by samratulangi View Post
    Agree with Tomville here, a tiny percentage of clan like bangkok b does not really hurting the game, and i believe developing bases like them need a high lvl of dedication and at least 2 years for every acct without gem, but the mass horde of wannabe engineers with copy paste plan were the problem, but with current MM this bases is falling apart, similar to Tank and other member here we are seeing many high offense defenseless to minimax, including 9.5 and 9.11 knocking at our doors, seems their wannabe engineered clan is falling apart.

and if u farm in lower league now, so many abandoned engineered bases, yes still some people are late to the party and develop new defenseless, i think in the next few months i believe most of them will give up, because defenseless becoming useless without proper roster, many high winstreak clan stop warring now

even bringing the hammer with taking the highest number between Offense and def will not stop a clan like bangkok, because their base offense and def number is not lopsided, they r quite balance, but optimized
    Well it’s not to say I endorse them, I dislike that approach to warring by taking advantage of others greatly - they ought receive no advantage at all and need win on pure skill (and likely go without ridiculous streak lengths). I just think that only a tiny few running around succeeding at gaming it is better than a whole matchmaker overrun by it to the point of it squashing out other build type smaller size clans There’s part of me still wishes SC had gone for the hard nerf.

And yes, we get more 10.5s asking to join now too; we say “sure you can war with us, as soon as you get an eagle”. That often results in them leaving to try their luck elsewhere.
    Chapter One #22V00CGY Level 16 International clan
    We welcome strong TH11 and TH12 adult players with big heros for relaxed fun warring, maxing bases and some pushing. Must know where the donate button is!

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Grinch of Tomville View Post
    Well it’s not to say I endorse them, I dislike that approach to warring by taking advantage of others greatly - they ought receive no advantage at all and need win on pure skill (and likely go without ridiculous streak lengths). I just think that only a tiny few running around succeeding at gaming it is better than a whole matchmaker overrun by it to the point of it squashing out other build type smaller size clans There’s part of me still wishes SC had gone for the hard nerf.

And yes, we get more 10.5s asking to join now too; we say “sure you can war with us, as soon as you get an eagle”. That often results in them leaving to try their luck elsewhere.
    I know u dont endorse them, but i dont think any algorithm will be able to properly create perfect match with so many permutation of bases, I believe current MM is good enough and just need a little tweak to make more then 95% of engineered clan getting advantage.

But your clan current matching is still not good to my views, because if it tilt too much to maxer style it will stale for a lot of casuals
    Last edited by samratulangi; December 9th, 2017 at 02:32 AM.

blah

Quote Originally Posted by Prutser View Post
    Not sure what is so unfair to the engineering clan tbh. If I counted correctly they have 18 TH11 attacks vs your 20.

It used to be unfair when they had 18 TH11 vs 5, maybe 6 TH11, a couple of TH10s and TH9s. But never unfair to the engineers.
    We just got three starred top to bottom in a 20v20. We had 7 town hall 10's, 9 town hall 9's, 3 town hall 8's, and 1 town hall 7, all nonrushed. They had 7 engineered 11's, max troops, 6 town hall 10's, some engineered, some not, rest town hall 9's. final score 60 to 57. How is the fair and balanced?