Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: "It's time to try Defying Gravity"

"It's time to try Defying Gravity"

I'm no Idina Menzel, but it is time for me to start defying gravity. I've been a Ground Pounder for most of my clash expierence, so air is new to me. So, the question I have for all you Air Heads out there is how to do it? I've read through Noc's guides and I think I should get my Witches to max and go with Mitch. I'm open to suggestions though.

Minions are at 14
    Witches at 12
    Baby Dragons 12
    Drop Ship 1

Forum Legend
    Since witches are already 12 I would agree L14 would be quickest MITcH path.
    ive Bennett running Drop Minions lately but my ships are now Max

3.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #3
    1 starring all of the bases in the galaxy
    This depends on where you are at trophy wise currently and what you are hoping to gain from this new attack strategy. I think that if you're in the 4500+ range then mitch is only going to be a party trick that you use against certain types of bases. Minion Drop would be a more effective strategy to work towards if you are wanting a high level attack that is good against near max to max bases.

I've been a mitch attacker for all of my time as a BH7. Two seasons ago it took me to 5k, last season I hovered around 4700 and this season I've had a hard time getting past 4400 with it. My drop ships are lvl13 right now and will be 14 in two days. In many situations I've found myself leaning towards using the lvl13 DS over the max witches.

With each season the f2p people are getting better and better bases and I've seen mitch become less and less successful. They're negatively correlated. I've seen a lot of gameplay at max bh7 and mitch isn't the best air attack, it's drop minion, then drop mitch, then mitch imo.

Not sure what the consensus on this is but that's been my experience thus far.

Forum Legend
    Smolson I tend to agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by MexicanBob View Post
    I'm no Idina Menzel, but it is time for me to start defying gravity. I've been a Ground Pounder for most of my clash expierence, so air is new to me. So, the question I have for all you Air Heads out there is how to do it? I've read through Noc's guides and I think I should get my Witches to max and go with Mitch. I'm open to suggestions though.

Minions are at 14
    Witches at 12
    Baby Dragons 12
    Drop Ship 1
    Welcome to the dark side....

NWs are probably the most logical choice to upgrade but, if I’m being totally honest...I have not been getting much mileage out of Mitch lately. I don’t know if it’s a meta shift or just me, but Drop Ships have become my go to on almost all of my accounts. I know Smolson was doing really well wit Mitch though, so it may be just me.

On my lower level/younger BH7s, I’ve flipped my upgrade path - I do Beta Minions to L14, the Drop Ships to L14, and wrap with NWs to L14. A couple of those hadn’t even unlocked Cannon Carts when I started so....
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG02YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.
    Creator Code: GwN

Forum Veteran
    Skip the witch upgrade and go with dropships. DS/minions are very solid and you can start using that strategy around level 6-8 dropships depending on your skill level

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctaire View Post
    Welcome to the dark side....

NWs are probably the most logical choice to upgrade but, if Iím being totally honest...I have not been getting much mileage out of Mitch lately. I donít know if itís a meta shift or just me, but Drop Ships have become my go to on almost all of my accounts. I know Smolson was doing really well wit Mitch though, so it may be just me.

On my lower level/younger BH7s, Iíve flipped my upgrade path - I do Beta Minions to L14, the Drop Ships to L14, and wrap with NWs to L14. A couple of those hadnít even unlocked Cannon Carts when I started so....
    Totally agree noct. Drop ships rule the skies at bh7 unquestionably.

Also someone who hasn't started upgrading drop ships yet can get them to around level 7 pretty quickly and easily. After level 7-8 they become serious air troops but take bigger chunks of elixir and time to upgrade. TOTALLY WORTH the time and elixir.
    Last edited by loubaby; December 6th, 2017 at 06:01 PM.

Another consideration point in the Mitch versus Drop Minion debate is where you are at along the very lengthy BM upgrade path. From level 15-20 alone that's 15 days of attacking with no BM...

Mitch will get you absolutely nowhere without your BM to tank for witches, while on the other hand Drop Minion without BM is definitely viable and can achieve 2 star results even on max bases, with 3 stars possible on non-max defenses with a solid attack strategy. There are plenty of non-max bases I have three starred without even deploying my BM.

Just some additional food for thought

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePeskyDingo View Post
    Skip the witch upgrade and go with dropships. DS/minions are very solid and you can start using that strategy around level 6-8 dropships depending on your skill level
    I'd go with this. Mitch was great for a while, but lately its fallen behind Bombarian and i've ditched that attack completely.

MexicanBob... You don't mention your trophy level but I would suggest you go with Night Witch since you are so close. It may not be the very best choice but it is the easiest for you to max right now.

I stopped working on mine at lv 10 and switched over to Drop Ships and it has been a long process going from lv 1 to lv 12 which is where I am now. Drop Ships at 9/10 are playable but not really effective until you get to lv 11 at least. My witch still sits at lv 10 and I wish I had finished her off rather than abandon her.....

An army I use a lot at 3800-3900 is two camps of max minions and rest max barbs where you can taste air attacks while still keeping some feet on the ground...
    Last edited by Jwp721; December 6th, 2017 at 06:40 PM.